On which server will you transfer your character?

gniok

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I re-rolled in Fatman at the end of March. I now have a 46 and 27 in there. If I'm not allowed to transfer my originals to Fatman I'm gone. As it is, the hope of being able to bring over my originals is the only thing keeping me from quitting.

I'd bet you will need to do that with paid transfers if you want them all on the Fatman. Might be an outside chance that they would allow you to transfer from the Fatman for free to a medium where you could move your low-pop characters.

And what happens when two people with the same character or legacy name get force transferred to the same server? How do you determine which player wins and gets to keep their character and/or legacy name?

Duel to determine your fate.

This is a joke right? I'm not going to transfer anywhere when I have 8 characters lvl +20 with a legacy at lvl 34. Merging servers is the only option, not making people pay for a mistake the company made. Until then, I will not be resubbing.

I am transferring my main to the server: Guild Wars 2

I would find this sly little comment actually quite amusing if Guild Wars 2 wasn't swarming with elves and wizards and potions and spells and all that other Harry Potter crap I just can't stomach any more these days.

I agree that the long in cue wait is probably the smarter play than the individual in-game waits but, some people have a regular play group and don't PvP. They'd be getting the cue wait and no benefit for it. Other people just don't like really crowded servers because their machine or connection is lacking.

Why jam them all together arbitrarily when you could just let them pick servers where they may have friends playing already or know that community, server type or whatever might suit them better?

It's a fair point. I'll tell you frankly, why I rolled Fatman.

At the time, there wasn't any strong information coming from Bioware about server merges or character transfers. I was looking at the 'nightmare scenario' of leaving all my work behind on two, yes TWO servers to roll fresh on another server and never looking back.

The second server had a 'Standard' population when I joined. A month later it was a ghost town.

I didn't want the possibility of it happening again. If I was rolling fresh, it was for the last time. And so I chose the LEAST likely server to become a ghost town. And that was 'The Fatman'.

If transfers do go live everyone will have the choice to seek out the best situation for themselves. Here's hoping we all find what we're looking for.

Edited by CompassRose

I'm currently looking at 'Jedi Covenant' and 'The Red Eclipse' as possible destinations, but it really depends on what the options are. I figure that it you will get a choice of a specific selection of servers to transfer too. My main question now is, when are we going to get more details, as I am holding on leveling my current characters for now.