Expertise...Get RID of it.

BobaSilk

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm kind of juggling between the two ideas here. My personal point, I couldn't afford recruit gear when I hit 50 (But I'm terribly spendthrift with credits, so let's ignore that). A PVE isn't expected to go run the high level raids. In fact, no one would take them there anyway, so that's not a problem for them. PVP, however, has a lot less choice about who they group with, and who they run against. 4 of the outlier possibilities are:

1) You end up in a group with only recruit gear, against a top PVP gear team. You are toast.

2) You end up in a group with top PVP gear, against a top PVP gear team. Makes you feel like you're holding your team back, or leeching off them.

3) You end up in a group with recruit gear, against a recruit gear team. Balanced match, where skill makes the difference.

4) You end up in a group with top PVP gear, against a recruit gear team. Not very nice of you.

PVE, you can control what you're up against. You never have to play against something that is above what you, both where gear is concerned and where skill is concerned. You can try, and some awesome people could pull off a win, but the game favours gear heavily. PVP, you have no choice. A top geared person could run against recruits, and recruits could run against top geared. This is why I dislike the idea of expertise, because at the moment, it's the PVE equivalent of having to battle targets 50-64 with at level 49.

And I have no idea where I've gone with this conversation. sorry.

And this is exactly why expertise is needed. To have different progression rates and quality of gear in PvP. Someone say the progression from Recruit to Battle Master is too short but it needs to be so that players can be competitive quicker. The progression from Battle Master to War Hero is way longer than any of the PvE grind but the difference in the gear quality is small.

If you have the same quality of gear and progression rate for PvP and PvE you end up with a longer perioid of the have nots getting rolled by the haves. So pass.

You wana PvP? Ok go buy recruit set and ull have 800+ expertise. That's enough to negate any major advantages a full bm or war hero gear.....maybe not war hero but still. I am like u, I enjoy PvE and PvP. Both are fun and entertaining. And you know what? I have TWO gear sets. Neither were hard to get, spammed hm bt and foundry for PvE and spammed wzs for PvP gear. You'll have to deal with the fact you will no longer be the op version of ur self from 1-49 we all went through it. Expertise is vital for balance, and in world PvP where the is no equalizer buff it makes a match. Quit ur bichin and sink some Creds or leave.

haha no, recruit gear gives you 13K health, a BM/WH player will still destroy you.

Edited by Sookster

I love expertise it's the best thing ever, I love expertise so much I think it should be on every piece of gear in the game. Even the green stuff that drops in the level 1 areas. Edited by Calitri

Gear shouldn't matter in PvP and therefore expertise should be removed from the game. As for the PvE gear problem that most of you are complaining about if expertise is removed - one very simple solution - there should be a buff that makes the characters in a warzone the same (like the 49 lvl buff), e.g. all sorcerers in a warzone will be buffed to the same willpower/endurance.

Problem solved.

Guess people need to copy/paste this and in larger font as to why Expertise is needed.

It's a PvP Stat to prevent End Game Raiders from ruling the Warzones. Therefore ones who dedicate their time to PvP get their "end game" gear. If you cannot comprehend why it exists then you lose out on your basic skills as a human being.

Why not make it so everyone goes naked in WZs?

I mean that rules out gear.

We can all run around naked.

OR... **** and let people that PVP ALL THE TIME have something to earn.

I dont raid nor do I really want to so leave my gear alone or give PVP players the ability to earn/trade their current gear that they already earned.

Stop qqing. You EARN gear gimps. The people in full BM EARNED it. They grinded and worked for it nobody got a free set when they turned 50. So you do the same or ****. When I got mine there was no recruit gear. Grind cent gear then grind champ then BM gear. You PVE people are nothing but MMO welfare recipients when it comes to PVP.

haha no, recruit gear gives you 13K health, a BM/WH player will still destroy you.

Well duh, columni won't make me top dps either, but it's a start.

If ur that scared of dieing then dont PvP it's not for u