group finder a failed system, return swtor 1 & 2 companion system

Moonnight

in swtor 1 & 2 you had 2 dps companions with you on missions, in this game which is swtor 3 & 4 and beyond you get only one companion, but you get to choose which type of companion you want tank, healer, dps.

I find my self if i role a tank i have to use a healer companion, and it is slow because as a tank i don't do much dps either does companion. if i role a dps i use a tank companion, and it is slow because of healing companion while trying to dps.

This is how it should be bring back the use of 2 companion's in swtor 1 & 2 to this game so that you can use a tank and healer or 2 dps while during missions and heroic 2 missions. And 4 companion's so that you have your healer, tank and 2 dps for heroic 4 missions and flashpoints.

this would be better than a group finder, which is a failed system, i played wow last 2 years this is what i saw in lich king dugueon que was 15 minute wait time, and cataclysm was 30 minutes, i don't mind 15 minutes, but 30 minutes or longer is to long, not waiting that long, and it was cross server. That's why i deleted wow right off my computer, and will not go back, and been playing this game since the start, and will continue playing

the ability to use companions to form a group would mean instant ques no waiting

This isn't SWTOR 3 or 4(Plus you mean KOTOR).

This is a completely different game than KOTOR 1 and 2. This is SWTOR, and an online MMORPG.

KOTOR was a single player RPG.

IMO, this is a terrible idea.

Bioware will implement it soon.

Edited by Synxos

Wouldn't work as a lot of Boss fight require mechanics companions are incapable of doing, like getting out of the way of a AOE attacks or clicking on panels to lower force fields, etc...etc.....

As for adding more companions to solo questing, they would have to redo ALL the content to adjust difficulty for additional companions, so I doubt thats going to happen..... I'm a tank and I use Kira my DPS for pretty much everything since she can kill things fast, I only bring out my Healer companion when I fight Elites....

the skill level of the average player in this game wouldnt be able to keep a companion alive on alot of boss encounters do to the mechanics of the fight. in order to impliment this you would either simplifiy the boss encounters, which are not that hard in the first place, or some how improve the companions ai. either way you are complicating a solution to a problem that has a much easier and simplier answer.

You apparently did not play WoW before the LFG tool. A 30 minute wait is great . It is alot better than sitting in the cities unable to do anything, spamming trade chat trying to build a group. I typically run with my guild, but sometimes you just have an odd number of people on, and cannot get everyone in a guild group that is where LFG is great. If LFG is the only way you can experience hm fp, then it will probably end up being the same miserable experience that WoW has.

If you don't want to play with a group of living breathing people, go to a single player game.

By reading your title, I thought you actually tried the group finder.

How can you tell?

well let me log on right now and check for you, we dont even need the LFG tool to figure this out

ok lets see.....9 people online now in my smugglers level range...and I bet every single one of them is LFG!!! probably out of those 9 players there are several tanks and healers just ready to go!!

Yup, a single server LFG is just gonna work wonders!! /sarcasm

Edited by Gammawaves

You apparently did not play WoW before the LFG tool. A 30 minute wait is great . It is alot better than sitting in the cities unable to do anything, spamming trade chat trying to build a group. I typically run with my guild, but sometimes you just have an odd number of people on, and cannot get everyone in a guild group that is where LFG is great. If LFG is the only way you can experience hm fp, then it will probably end up being the same miserable experience that WoW has.

If you don't want to play with a group of living breathing people, go to a single player game.

The problem with a lack of a group finder is called starvation in the lingo. Multiple items all trying to access a resource but some will be skipped over. It's a problem that crops up in operating systems and networking (packets being dropped because they cannot ever be serviced).

Without group finder this was especially problematic if you played whatever was considered the 'weak' class of the day, or just had a bad reputation (deserved or not) you were stuck out in the cold.

I think it was the cross server part of the dungeon finder that made it bad, or at least that the cross server pool was too big. The odds of ever grouping with those people again were minuscule, so no one had any motivation to be decent, or to invest in someone (to teach them encounters for example), or to try and recruit them. Having some variant of free server transfers to keep labour mobility high, even if it was a random dungeon finder might be a good idea.

Hello there,

You might be also be interested in the new

that was recently released. Damion Schubert and Daniel Erickson talk about the 'Group-finder' feature planned for patch 1.3.

Hope this helps! Have a great day!

Being able to do flashpoints with multiple companions would be great. It doesn't have to replace group finder though - both would be ideal. Gives the ability to do the content the way each person wants :)

I find my self if i role a tank i have to use a healer companion, and it is slow because as a tank i don't do much dps either does companion. if i role a dps i use a tank companion, and it is slow because of healing companion while trying to dps.

Not the system, its your gear. Gear up! In blues, using my dps, my BH blows through content. I've not used mako in ages.

Being able to do flashpoints with multiple companions would be great. It doesn't have to replace group finder though - both would be ideal. Gives the ability to do the content the way each person wants :)

If people could do the same flashpoints with companions as they can with others, there would be the tendency to only do them solo, and horde all the loot and xp. Multi-player game requires a reliance, to a degree, on other players for the top content and gear.

I would prefer such a companion system always over a LFG system.

The comapnions atleast talk and do what they should do, in a LFG you get people that never say a word and then steal your loot at the end :rolleyes:

And I actually think that the average skill in the wow LFG of players is below the AI of our companions.

Edited by RachelAnne

in swtor 1 & 2 you had 2 dps companions with you on missions, in this game which is swtor 3 & 4 and beyond you get only one companion, but you get to choose which type of companion you want tank, healer, dps.

This is how it should be bring back the use of 2 companion's in swtor 1 & 2 to this game so that you can use a tank and healer or 2 dps while during missions and heroic 2 missions. And 4 companion's so that you have your healer, tank and 2 dps for heroic 4 missions and flashpoints.

this would be better than a group finder, which is a failed system, i played wow last 2 years this is what i saw in lich king dugueon que was 15 minute wait time, and cataclysm was 30 minutes, i don't mind 15 minutes, but 30 minutes or longer is to long, not waiting that long, and it was cross server. That's why i deleted wow right off my computer, and will not go back, and been playing this game since the start, and will continue playing

the ability to use companions to form a group would mean instant ques no waiting

In terms of the original idea as it is suggested I don't think it's needed. I've got 7 characters which are 40-50 and I've never had problems soloing any of the content that is in the game currently. Even many of the H2 and H2+ I can do with myself and a companion. The vast majority of issue I run into with people who have problems with the current companion system is they don't choose to gear out and play with the companion which compliments their characters class and roll. They pick the companion they want they play with it then complain when they cant do the content efficiently.

This is why I feel like the companions should have "Specs" which the player can choose and customize.

Additionally I think the current presence system is awesome. You really dont see how powerful it is until youve gotten quite a bit of legacy experience and you start to get the legacy presence perks. I think bioware is missing out by not developing a solo game play progression built around rewarding players with better and better presence gear.

It would allow solo players to feel like they are progressing and it would prevent the traditional complains from raiders and pvpers in terms of getting gear for doing things theyc onsider beneith them. The content could be tuned in such a way that normal raid gear wouldnt carry you through it because your companion would get hosed without the presence gear.