Agent story line, spoil me!

PaintSticks

Since I don't feel like putting SPOILER TAGS in here.... But I will, anyhow. :p

The whole story is a white knuckle ride from the time you hit Dromund Kaas until the end of Chapter 3. First having to deal with Jadus, then his even more psychotic daughter... Jadus fakes his own death and then comes back at the end of Chapter 1 and it turns out that the terrorist cells were HIS doing.... sorta.

Chapter 2 is just as jaw dropping in parts. The fact that your boss puts Obedience Programming in your head and somehow some way the Republic SIS finds out about it, and uses it against you. One SIS Agent in particular is a real piece of work, and claims he's doing it all for the Greater Good. He ends up being the main villain in Chapter 3...

Chapter 3, you find out an insidious organization has taken steps to bring about the destruction of both Republic and Empire. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to stop them By Any Means Necessary. You will see characters in the conspiracy from other storylines, and be left going :eek: even more than in Chapter 2. The Agent is one of the few who gets the opportunity to save The Entire Galaxy. It's James Bond, Nick Carter: Agent of AXE, Jason Bourne, "24", and the old Mission: Impossible series all rolled up into one. ALL placed seemlessly into the Star Wars Universe and keeping the story original in spite of all the different Espionage franchises represented.

Oh, and the GUY you've been chasing for an entire chapter turns out to be a WOMAN!!! Good luck, Mr. Phelps. :cool:

Is it just me. or does the early parts of Chapter 2 kinda remind you of the manga Crying Freeman.

I will say, as much as I love all of the Imperial classes, and my Sith Warrior(and his amazing companions)...the Agent has, hands down, the best writing, and Player Character voice acting in the game. I play a male agent, I've not heard the female Agent that much...is she just as good?

When I came back to Nar Shadaa, and when...well....when 'that incident' happened. I was just blown away, and completely hooked on the story.

I still have every episode of the anime on VHS.... Crying Freeman, that is. :cool:

The whole story is a white knuckle ride from the time you hit Dromund Kaas until the end of Chapter 3. First having to deal with Jadus, then his even more psychotic daughter... Jadus fakes his own death and then comes back at the end of Chapter 1 and it turns out that the terrorist cells were HIS doing.... sorta.

Chapter 2 is just as jaw dropping in parts. The fact that your boss puts Obedience Programming in your head and somehow some way the Republic SIS finds out about it, and uses it against you. One SIS Agent in particular is a real piece of work, and claims he's doing it all for the Greater Good. He ends up being the main villain in Chapter 3...

Chapter 3, you find out an insidious organization has taken steps to bring about the destruction of both Republic and Empire. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to stop them By Any Means Necessary. You will see characters in the conspiracy from other storylines, and be left going :eek: even more than in Chapter 2. The Agent is one of the few who gets the opportunity to save The Entire Galaxy. It's James Bond, Nick Carter: Agent of AXE, Jason Bourne, "24", and the old Mission: Impossible series all rolled up into one. ALL placed seemlessly into the Star Wars Universe and keeping the story original in spite of all the different Espionage franchises represented.

Oh, and the GUY you've been chasing for an entire chapter turns out to be a WOMAN!!! Good luck, Mr. Phelps. :cool:

I can never understand why people like to gush about the Agent story as if it's some glittering opal of writing. Seeing posts like this make me flashback to bloody TVTropes and it's legions of far too emotionally invested fanboys.

I'll agree that Ch1 is good, really it should be the poster child for all the other Chapters in the game. But that's only because the end is really head and shoulders anything and everything else the game has to offer. That last mission is wonderfully executed and makes up for stuff like Dromund Kaas and Alderann both being so boring that I can't remember what the story on those planets were or Watcher-X being so transparently shifty and backstabbing that there was never any tension or conflict for the entirety of Nar Shaddaa, just a plodding, interminable wait for the inevitable.

Coming off the high that is the whole You Know Who encounter, even though it was horribly bugged, I had high hopes for Ch2. Especially since the lead up seemed so promising: a deep cover infiltration mission as a double agent. Finally! Real spy stuff instead of bloody terrorist hunting.

Too that that anticipation got stuffed into a refrigerator part way through the first quest. From there on lots of words and phrases come to my mind when I think back to Ch2: disappointment, very silly, contrived plot device, poor attempts at trying to screw with perception like Philip K Dick, a BBEG that's just kind of a chump; even if he does have a glowbat, rakghouls are, and will remain, utterly stupid no matter what anyone tries to do with them, Doc Lokin is easily the best of the Agents pets, even with the rakghoul idiocy, Ensign Temple is mind bogglingly dull and uninteresting, the Chiss commander guy in Hoth makes a much, much better love interest for the chick Agent than bugboy and his ilk, despite that Hoth is still hands down the best zone in the game because it's completely opposite annoying crap like Voss and Nar Shaddaa, and did I mention the horrendous disappointment?

Well after that I wasn't about to get excited for Ch3 and boy-howdy am I glad I didn't. If "very silly" is the descriptor for Ch2 then then for Ch3 it must be "extraordinarily silly." There is no pretense of subtly here, just vast collections of *** pulls that to attempt to ramp up the villain's threat level while also making them as uninteresting as possible. The kind of one-upmanship between protagonist and antagonist that you typically see in soap operas and animes that have run for far too long. Not to mention the unwanted and unneeded plot twist that added nothing but plot twisty-ness to the whole endevour.

At least the ultimate conclusion was vaguely satisfying, and I'm glad that at least one class story has multiple endings that differ fairly significantly from each other and doesn't require a "CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY BUTTON" like Deus Ex: HR had.

That being said, I do want to reiterate the points that I liked. Lest they get lost in the sea of sourness.

1) The ending of Ch1 is just great. All other stories in this game wish they got wrapped up with such care and attention. If you haven't done it yet then go do it now. Preferably as an Operative so you can skip the bullcrap parts like The Unending Corridors of Sameness and The Ugly Bug Ball.

2) I genuinely like Doctor Lokin and Kaliyo as characters. I thought they added to the story as a whole in an enjoyable way, unlike the other 3 chuckleheads you get saddled with.

3) The ability to get different endings, some of them very radically different from the others, was a very pleasant surprise and one that I welcomed wholeheartedly.

I can never understand why people like to gush about the Agent story as if it's some glittering opal of writing. Seeing posts like this make me flashback to bloody TVTropes and it's legions of far too emotionally invested fanboys.

I'll agree that Ch1 is good, really it should be the poster child for all the other Chapters in the game. But that's only because the end is really head and shoulders anything and everything else the game has to offer. That last mission is wonderfully executed and makes up for stuff like Dromund Kaas and Alderann both being so boring that I can't remember what the story on those planets were or Watcher-X being so transparently shifty and backstabbing that there was never any tension or conflict for the entirety of Nar Shaddaa, just a plodding, interminable wait for the inevitable.

Coming off the high that is the whole You Know Who encounter, even though it was horribly bugged, I had high hopes for Ch2. Especially since the lead up seemed so promising: a deep cover infiltration mission as a double agent. Finally! Real spy stuff instead of bloody terrorist hunting.

Too that that anticipation got stuffed into a refrigerator part way through the first quest. From there on lots of words and phrases come to my mind when I think back to Ch2: disappointment, very silly, contrived plot device, poor attempts at trying to screw with perception like Philip K Dick, a BBEG that's just kind of a chump; even if he does have a glowbat, rakghouls are, and will remain, utterly stupid no matter what anyone tries to do with them, Doc Lokin is easily the best of the Agents pets, even with the rakghoul idiocy, Ensign Temple is mind bogglingly dull and uninteresting, the Chiss commander guy in Hoth makes a much, much better love interest for the chick Agent than bugboy and his ilk, despite that Hoth is still hands down the best zone in the game because it's completely opposite annoying crap like Voss and Nar Shaddaa, and did I mention the horrendous disappointment?

Well after that I wasn't about to get excited for Ch3 and boy-howdy am I glad I didn't. If "very silly" is the descriptor for Ch2 then then for Ch3 it must be "extraordinarily silly." There is no pretense of subtly here, just vast collections of *** pulls that to attempt to ramp up the villain's threat level while also making them as uninteresting as possible. The kind of one-upmanship between protagonist and antagonist that you typically see in soap operas and animes that have run for far too long. Not to mention the unwanted and unneeded plot twist that added nothing but plot twisty-ness to the whole endevour.

At least the ultimate conclusion was vaguely satisfying, and I'm glad that at least one class story has multiple endings that differ fairly significantly from each other and doesn't require a "CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY BUTTON" like Deus Ex: HR had.

That being said, I do want to reiterate the points that I liked. Lest they get lost in the sea of sourness.

1) The ending of Ch1 is just great. All other stories in this game wish they got wrapped up with such care and attention. If you haven't done it yet then go do it now. Preferably as an Operative so you can skip the bullcrap parts like The Unending Corridors of Sameness and The Ugly Bug Ball.

2) I genuinely like Doctor Lokin and Kaliyo as characters. I thought they added to the story as a whole in an enjoyable way, unlike the other 3 chuckleheads you get saddled with.

3) The ability to get different endings, some of them very radically different from the others, was a very pleasant surprise and one that I welcomed wholeheartedly.

Haters gonna hate. *shrug*

This is quite possibly the best summary I have seen. Almost as exciting as playing the story itself. Well done!

Edited by DarthRobert

I'm...I think...just at the end of Taris and man....oh man!

I love how I was all for perhaps trying to save, or turn Chance against the Republic. He really seemed to be a decent guy at heart, and he 'seemed' to have an issue with what was going on at the time.

...but then he programs me to come and save him, when I was going to save him anyways.....

...I let him die.

I love that, at this point, I can not trust anyone...no one...I can't imagine how this chapter is going to end.

I'm still blown away. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

If you're a Title junky like I am and you want a step-up in Roleplays or just in General chat, choose to join Darth Jadus.

Later, when Intelligence gets dismissed and you're back apart of the Imperial Military, you will get assigned the rank Major, instead of Lt. because being the Hand of a Sith Lord gets you a nice career boost. You also get the fun of ordering around subordinates and being equal to your bosses.

But that's just me. :D