Subs down 25%

Sabilok

Rift now gets 3 faction RvsR so its possible .

Really? How are they doing it?

If it's like GW2, then yeah it's 3 faction, but done the cheap way - although it's better than nothing for sure.

Edit - it seems like it is a GW2 style system, looks good, SWTOR could do with the same.

Edited by Goretzu

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which means it has, in essence, failed.

I'll go ahead and repeat it for him, since the die hard fannies have gone from arguing "the game is great" to arguing "the game is sustainable and thats all we ever wanted", the game is done.

If it goes F2P, then I'd be the first person to pronounce it "dead" but its hard to say that a game with ~ a Million active subs is dead.

its going somewhere for me. Into the garbage heap.

Remind me again if you hate it so much why you're posting on the SWTOR forums? I know if I hated a game I wouldn't come anywhere near the forums or bother to look up any info on it honestly.

Unless you're just pretending to hate it...... ;)

Edited by WrecklessMEDIC

If it goes F2P, then I'd be the first person to pronounce it "dead" but its hard to say that a game with ~ a Million active subs is dead.

1m active subs is a best case senario atm.

I can't believe Rift is getting RvRvR and SWTOR isn't. :(

What does it matter in the grand scheme of things? Rift barely has 25,000 active subs. And it is going strong. As long as I have 15 other people that want to raid on my server I can still play. This whole fascination with sub numbers is just stupid. Who cares how many people play a game, as long as it is able to stay in operation and you have a choice of what server to play on then shut up.

People act like WoW has 10 million active subs but in reality the US and European servers are just as dead as the dead servers here. Counting subs that play 10 minutes in a month is deceitful to me but they do that b/c over half of those 10 million subs are pay by the hour. I just wish the devs would ban the people who come on here claiming they quit and trash the game. They offer nothing to the community and quite frankly half of them are lying just trying to troll the people who are here for info and to offer suggestions. The one thing MMO's have proven time and time again is the world is full of people who need serious mental help.

1m active subs is a best case senario atm.

I can't believe Rift is getting RvRvR and SWTOR isn't. :(

They launched in a ton of new countries, I think 1 million is entirely feasible. Hell even Tera has over 700K and it has a pretty unknown IP (and in my opinion, shoddy. Gameplay is good though)

750K to 1.5 million, maybe even eventually 2 million again wouldn't really shock me. This is Star Wars. It can sell anything.

RvRvR is pretty neat. DAOC is supposed to have a ten year celebration soon, Rift is getting it, and I think I saw something about Tera doing it as well.

Edited by Frostvein

Remind me again if you hate it so much why you're posting on the SWTOR forums? I know if I hated a game I wouldn't come anywhere near the forums or look up any info on it.

Unless you're just pretending to hate it...... ;)

If you notice my join date, I preordered this game with high hopes. If you look at my previous posts, the first few months were spent forgiving and pardoning Biowares moronic mistakes. But if you look at this 6 month period objectively and not as a Biodrone, you'll see this game as been been a huge mess of bugs, exploits, bugs that dont get fixed, sparse sharded servers controlled by bioware for God only knows what reason, broken pvp, irrevelant professions, and repetitive rewardless end game PvE. I mean come on, nightmare mode is a joke, just up the hit points and enrage timer.

The whole game with the exception of the sound and voice overs was extremely lazy. Its like they thought we were too dumb to notice the whole game was on rails. Even the conversations, you pick a response, the NPC spits out some predetermined response that goes right back to the predetermined conversation. There is no choice in this game. Lazy is the best way to describe it. Even the way all the playable races are just reskinned humans with various growths on ther head, all because it would be too hard to make helmets fit on them. and to answer your question, I'm posting because I'm pissed off at the developers. They claim to read these forums, so read this. Take your lies and shove it!

RvRvR is pretty neat. DAOC is supposed to have a ten year celebration soon, Rift is getting it, and I think I saw something about Tera doing it as well.

It's an interesting method they are using, a bit different to GW2, both are very good ideas.

It would have been great to have seen Warhammer Online with either, and Bioware should definately consider this approach for SWTOR.

Wait... have you heard somewhere what the totally revamped open-world PvP BioWare is currently working on is or is not bringing? I haven't seen a thing on it yet...

No. But as far as I'm aware there is no information at all on with is being done with or what may replace Ilum.

Like a space expansion though, I'd have thought if they were working on something like this there'd have been some PR on it by now.

It doesn't get deleted... it gets started over into another iteration with this one linked.

It gets effectively deleted and erased from the collective consciousness.

It's brilliant because any player or dev who peeks in sees the new thread and thinks 'that thread was big last time but it still isn't 100 pages, I guess it's not a big problem after all'.

There were two free 30 day giveaways as I recall - one was for anyone with a Level 50 that got plenty of people all up in arms, so they changed to be based on Legacy Level. The other was compensation for the day the servers were taken down due to the 1.2 rollback bug - that was for everyone who had an active sub at the time, so you and the others probably qualified under one or both of these instances.

BJ

The compensation for the servers being down was only 1 day, they did not give 30 days for that, just 1 day compensation. These people who canceled before the free 30 days was given to level50/legacy 6 got their 30 days because of that reason, not because they got 1 free day for the servers being down for that 1 day.

Seriously swtor will never have RvR, the engine can't handle it thats why it hasnt done it. The engine couldn't handle 20 vs 20 on illium with out lagging and dropping below 20 fps. Plus with the fact no info on illium or space combat that they are so excited about just makes people believe they have not a clue when or if they can do anything.

It gets effectively deleted and erased from the collective consciousness.

It's brilliant because any player or dev who peeks in sees the new thread and thinks 'that thread was big last time but it still isn't 100 pages, I guess it's not a big problem after all'.

They've done this for several years now, and not ONCE has this been the case. :rolleyes:

Seriously swtor will never have RvR, the engine can't handle it thats why it hasnt done it. The engine couldn't handle 20 vs 20 on illium with out lagging and dropping below 20 fps. Plus with the fact no info on illium or space combat that they are so excited about just makes people believe they have not a clue when or if they can do anything.

Well...this is false. TESO is using the HERO engine, and is doing 3 faction RvRvR. The engine is actually capable of 200 vs. 200.

So, there are other reasons coming into play that doesn't have to do with the HERO engine, itself.

Well...this is false. TESO is using the HERO engine, and is doing 3 faction RvRvR. The engine is actually capable of 200 vs. 200.

So, there are other reasons coming into play that doesn't have to do with the HERO engine, itself.

this will make 1000 post, I get the last one other then mod. But yeah, the hero engine is capable of it, so hopefully SWTOR can eventually do that same.