Disappointed and expectations.

APNTerra

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was already disappointed when i loaded beta but nerfing arsenal 2 times (possibly a third, havent logged in yet to check) and buffing classes that didnt need a buff was the last straw for me. gg 1.2, no ranked wzs, and no open world pvp. good thing a friend bought me tera today, hopefully that will hold me over for gw2 (which did not disappoint during beta)

Im not going to repeat what has been said about the game, i agree with most of it.

But i would like to add this:

How by the blazing fires of hell did the PVE and PVP endgame gear of SWTOR got aprpoved by the Lead Designer???

Serioulsy, how in the hell do you approve, as a designer, those crappy gears????

You just have to open devianart.com an search for star wars there.....there are amazing stuff.

1- The JK pvp war hero gear set: by the love of God, WHAT IS THAT ON HIS HEAD????? An effing toilet bowl??

2- The JK pve black hole gear: "Hello Dorothy, im the tin man, shall we go for a stroll on the yellow brick road???"

3- Consular PVE looks like a medieval prostitute.

4- Smuggler has a beer hat.

5- Sorcerer pvp is the swamp thing, and pve looks like a medieval thief from dungeons and dragons.

Also, the colors.....the damn colors!!!

Blue an Orange.

Yellow and Green.

Oh God, make it stop...

no open world pvp, to instanced, laggy, bad population on servers, bad sound, armor and gear ugly-you look cooler when you 1st start, no ranked pvp, no groups or tools to find them, map design-to keep factions away, bad faction balance, no sandbox features at all, worst crafting I have seen in any game, no risk vs reward, expertise, feels like a single player game, lack of immersion, bad maintance, lack of testing, lying to playerbase, removing key features hrs before a patch, overpriced legacy crap, legacy itself is stupid, no attachment to a character because they push alts, nerf happy, lack of communication-no dates given on anything they just say soon,

You just have to open devianart.com an search for star wars there.....there are amazing stuff.

1- The JK pvp war hero gear set: by the love of God, WHAT IS THAT ON HIS HEAD????? An effing toilet bowl??

2- The JK pve black hole gear: "Hello Dorothy, im the tin man, shall we go for a stroll on the yellow brick road???"

5- Sorcerer pvp is the swamp thing, and pve looks like a medieval thief from dungeons and dragons.

OMG YES !!!! LOLzzzzzz I'm shocked we don't have hot pants but i'm sure thats the next patch of armor coming out.

Im not going to repeat what has been said about the game, i agree with most of it.

But i would like to add this:

How by the blazing fires of hell did the PVE and PVP endgame gear of SWTOR got aprpoved by the Lead Designer???

Serioulsy, how in the hell do you approve, as a designer, those crappy gears????

Blue an Orange.

Yellow and Green.

Oh God, make it stop...

I agree, gear, and limitations on appearance options is one of my major annoyances with the game. Few things would make me happier than if we got more freedom in regards to how our characters look or simply got more gear that didn't look like we'd walked through a junk pile coated in superglue.

no open world pvp, to instanced, laggy, bad population on servers, bad sound, armor and gear ugly-you look cooler when you 1st start, no ranked pvp, no groups or tools to find them, map design-to keep factions away, bad faction balance, no sandbox features at all, worst crafting I have seen in any game, no risk vs reward, expertise, feels like a single player game, lack of immersion, bad maintance, lack of testing, lying to playerbase, removing key features hrs before a patch, overpriced legacy crap, legacy itself is stupid, no attachment to a character because they push alts, nerf happy, lack of communication-no dates given on anything they just say soon,

Ok, now we know what your issues are. While I don't agree with most of them, aside from gear and appearance.

Hopefully server transfers will help to fix the server populations.

WoW.. Fanboys will always defend their game to the end.. And it's not because of the game's honor, but what they are truly defending is their own judgement why they STAY and play.. I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings, but the game is just a mediocre WoW clone in a very linear Dragon Age game.. If TOR was anymore linear, I'd scream.. I can't EVEN take my Jedi to the other starting world because the game says NO, you are not allowed to quest here.... That just proves just how "follow the breadcrumbs" theme park this is.. Atleast in WoW I could take my gnome to Stormwind and quest from there if I wanted to..

If the game was a B2P, it would be one thing.. but I sure as heck not paying $15 a month to play a Sci-Fi Dragon Age... no way, no how :)

WoW.. Fanboys will always defend their game to the end.. And it's not because of the game's honor, but what they are truly defending is their own judgement why they STAY and play.. I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings, but the game is just a mediocre WoW clone in a very linear Dragon Age game.. If TOR was anymore linear, I'd scream.. I can't EVEN take my Jedi to the other starting world because the game says NO, you are not allowed to quest here.... That just proves just how "follow the breadcrumbs" theme park this is.. Atleast in WoW I could take my gnome to Stormwind and quest from there if I wanted to..

If the game was a B2P, it would be one thing.. but I sure as heck not paying $15 a month to play a Sci-Fi Dragon Age... no way, no how :)

So... people who like the game and say so are fanboys... And by that extreme logic, what does that make you? Someone who doesn't like/hates the game and is determined to post repeatedly about it?

So... people who like the game and say so are fanboys... And by that extreme logic, what does that make you? Someone who doesn't like/hates the game and is determined to post repeatedly about it?

I take it.. you just don't get it.. Have you ever played a true RPG game before.. When I mean RPG, I'm talking something like AD&D or SWG or EQ.. Where you roll your character and YOU make your own story by just going with the flow of what is happening around you..... TOR is a scripted linear ride.. The options to deviate from said ride is limited to none.. This isn't role playing, the role was already been scripted FOR me by Bioware, all I'm doing is just clicking the chat bubbles......

The lack of freedom and options in TOR is blinding.. As I said, this game plays like a console scripted game you buy for the Xbox.. NOT one you buy for the PC to play a serious MMORPG..

I take it.. you just don't get it.. Have you ever played a true RPG game before.. When I mean RPG, I'm talking something like AD&D or SWG or EQ.. Where you roll your character and YOU make your own story by just going with the flow of what is happening around you..... TOR is a scripted linear ride.. The options to deviate from said ride is limited to none.. This isn't role playing, the role was already been scripted FOR me by Bioware, all I'm doing is just clicking the chat bubbles......

The lack of freedom and options in TOR is blinding.. As I said, this game plays like a console scripted game you buy for the Xbox.. NOT one you buy for the PC to play a serious MMORPG..

You didn't answer his question.

Your post is irrelevant to the topic at hand. As most times, when fans of the game run out of logic, they resort to personal attacks or pigeonholing.

Happens all the time. WELL WE LIKE THE GAME AN YOUR JUST A HATER............thats the general comeback, and its just lame........

Bio screwed up REALLY REALLY BAD, AND THEY NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR WHAT THEY DID/DIDNT DO.....See thats the part alot of you 'fans' dont get....No accountability.....

You didn't answer his question.

It makes me a dissatisified customer .. :) Just like the one that calls over the manager because I was told I can get my steak anyway I want, and instead of getting it medium, it comes well done...... I'm sure as heck NOT paying the bill and leaving without saying a word.. Do you think NO ONE informs companies when they are not pleased with product or service.... MOST companies in the REAL world welcome it, it's the only way for them to learn what the market wants, and accommodate..

Your post is irrelevant to the topic at hand. As most times, when fans of the game run out of logic, they resort to personal attacks or pigeonholing.

Happens all the time. WELL WE LIKE THE GAME AN YOUR JUST A HATER............thats the general comeback, and its just lame........

Bio screwed up REALLY REALLY BAD, AND THEY NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR WHAT THEY DID/DIDNT DO.....See thats the part alot of you 'fans' dont get....No accountability.....

Oh be quiet. He was referring to someone whose post was also 'irrelevant' in the beginning and actually an attempted insult at those who enjoy the game and disagree with them. The only reason you're calling him out and not the other person is because the other person shares a similar viewpoint with you.

By your definitions of what an RPG is, and yes I used to play the old paper and pencil versions of AD&D and Battletech and Star Frontiers, what video game RPGs are there that aren't scripted and linear in some fashion?

The only one I can think of is Nethack. Everything else is sufficiently scripted because a truly random event generator just doesn't come up as fun as scripted rides.

Let me know.

It makes me a dissatisified customer .. :) Just like the one that calls over the manager because I was told I can get my steak anyway I want, and instead of getting it medium, it comes well done...... I'm sure as heck NOT paying the bill and leaving without saying a word.. Do you think NO ONE informs companies when they are not pleased with product or service.... MOST companies in the REAL world welcome it, it's the only way for them to learn what the market wants, and accommodate..

I'm not sure a dissatisfied customer is what I'd call it. Because I've worked with people I could label as that. They make their viewpoint known and then leave. They don't stick around to puke it out again and again. They also don't attempt to argue with the other customers who disagree. Those that do are not simply dissatisfied customers. Those are people who, just like the people you call out for defending it, can't seem to take it that other people have a different view.

By your definitions of what an RPG is, and yes I used to play the old paper and pencil versions of AD&D and Battletech and Star Frontiers, what video game RPGs are there that aren't scripted and linear in some fashion?

The only one I can think of is Nethack. Everything else is sufficiently scripted because a truly random event generator just doesn't come up as fun as scripted rides.

Let me know.

I take it you are new to the MMORGP genre? Have you ever heard of the game NeverQuest..... oops.. I mean EverQuest.. We made fun of the title because there was NO QUEST in that game.. lol Oh sure, maybe some mail delivery and there, but generall speaking is wasn't scripted at all...... YOU could do whatever you wanted.. YOU made your own story and bio.. It wasn't made for you....

Move along, nothing to see here

SERVER MERGERS NOW! not in 3 months when the game is dead and burried.

Server transfers likely next month. Free transfers to target servers for players on low pop servers to get to higher pop servers. Enjoy.

I'm not sure a dissatisfied customer is what I'd call it. Because I've worked with people I could label as that. They make their viewpoint known and then leave. They don't stick around to puke it out again and again. They also don't attempt to argue with the other customers who disagree. Those that do are not simply dissatisfied customers. Those are people who, just like the people you call out for defending it, can't seem to take it that other people have a different view.

Ahhhh so if you were at say a Steakhouse and another customer called over the manager because they were not happy.. YOU would but your nose in and defend the restaurant, regardless of the complaint... NICE.. that I would like to see on youtube...... Let me know when you do that :)

BTW.. in the real world when customers do express their dissatisifaction they normally get a response.. So when I get an official response from Bioware, I"ll stop complaining.. LOL See how that works?

Ok, now we know what your issues are. While I don't agree with most of them, aside from gear and appearance.

Hopefully server transfers will help to fix the server populations.

You don't agree there's no OPvP or RvR and that any mass PvP has terrible performance? :confused:

Edited by Goretzu

(who by the way already downgraded themselves in my book with the extremely unsatisfying ending to ME3)

I stopped there. It's pretty obvious what type of self obsessed and self important gamer you are. It's their game. Get over it.

WoW.. Fanboys will always defend their game to the end..

You mean like how you defended the game to the point of accusing Gamepro for being biased back near the start of this year?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1869419#post1869419

So it seems we have a confused statement from you. It's not ok to be a fanboy, unless it's you being one.

Looking back at your post history, you have defended this game a lot in the beginning.

Btw it's not called a fan boy. It's called a "satisfied customer" giving praises to the game.

Edited by ConradLionhart