Magenta Colour Crystal Post 1.2

Dpmthreader

Is the only way to get the Magenta schematic from a random drop in the Black Hole? Or is there another way from a world boss?

End-game Magenta schematics drop from world bosses on Hoth and Belsavis, with drops also reported on Nightmare Pilgrim.

Mid-game Magenta schematics drop from Tatooine, Alderaan and Nar Shadaa wb's. This is a recent change and I can personally confirm for the Nar Shadaa wb.

I got the level 31, +16 end one from the Tatooine world boss and the +16 power one from the Alderaan world boss.

They are good leveling crystals, and if you only care about the color and not the stats they are far easier to get the schematics and make the crystals than the endgame ones. The bosses can be solo/duoed quite easily at 50. You only need some ground spawn crystals to make them.

End-game Magenta schematics drop from world bosses on Hoth and Belsavis, with drops also reported on Nightmare Pilgrim.

Mid-game Magenta schematics drop from Tatooine, Alderaan and Nar Shadaa wb's. This is a recent change and I can personally confirm for the Nar Shadaa wb.

Good to know. I got the schem from the Tattoine one, but I didn't farm the others. Also, I thought Taris' wb could have one as well. I killed it a few times and didnt get anything yet, so who knows....

Keep an eye on the GTN too. I picked up the +41 end schematic and the +41 crit schematic for 125k each which isn't much at all. Granted, they typically seem to sell for 400K+ on my server, just happened to spot them on sale for a decent price.

More Magenta insanity LOL

I'll check my gtn tonight :) edit: no luck yet

I have resonating schematic. lvl 49 Cant use or read it yet though. lvl46 I'm working on it.

Whats the current ingredient list? Is shockfrozen ice still needed for the Magenta Adegan Crystal ingredient?

Is this correct:

http://db.darthhater.com/recipes/1155/advanced_magenta_intrepidity_crystal/

I got 2 shockfrozen ice cubes last night. :) cant stack em? made one, made another but it never appeared? grrr so put 1st in ships hold made a third and now thats in my inventory. so I have 2

Anyone know if you can put multiples in ships hold? OR mail them to alts or other player to hold and get them baclK later?? :D edit: mailed one to an alt :) also Accidently drank one ugh (right click)

and then is it true if I bring a group to boss fight will everyone who has one get a fragment drop?

Dev question: Whats the basic RGB value? is it 255,0,255 or 255,0,144 or 202, 31, 123 or does RGB not apply?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magenta

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variations_of_magenta

Magenta isnt merely a color it is an extra-spectral color our minds interpretation of 2 distinct wavelengths from both extremes of the electromagnetic spectrum ...Violet and Red... The Ying and the Yang of the visible realm....representing the dichotomy of our "violence for peace" existence...and hence the middle spectra Green color crystal of centering is its compliment....

Confidence it means I can weild any mU87thurf**&cking color light saber I want. :eek:

Edited by DelphinHunter

• 2 weeks later...

http://db.darthhater.com/recipes/1155/advanced_magenta_intrepidity_crystal/

I got 2 shockfrozen ice cubes last night. :) cant stack em? made one, made another but it never appeared? grrr so put 1st in ships hold made a third and now thats in my inventory. so I have 2

Anyone know if you can put multiples in ships hold? OR mail them to alts or other player to hold and get them baclK later?? :D edit: mailed one to an alt :) also Accidently drank one ugh (right click)

and then is it true if I bring a group to boss fight will everyone who has one get a fragment drop?

Most of the Magenta crystal info is very old. There are +16 +31 and +41 now. Everything I have seen recorded so far has the +41's dropping from the new daily areas, and a friend of mine claims he got the +41 Expertise from a Level 6 PvP Crafting Box from the PvP vendor. The 1.2 notes implied these boxes would have some schems, so maybe....

You CAN have more than one Shock Frozen Water in your inventory at one time. You need to remove the first frozen water from your inventory (just put it in storage) BEFORE you attempt to get the second one and so one. Once you have all the ones you need, you can put them all into your inventory at once.

You CAN loot more than one Magenta crystal from the Force Ghost after you defeat him on Ilum. Just keep clicking the crystal until all your waters are gone. May take two clicks per water as there is sometimes a delay. I looted 6 at once when I did this.

You need TWO types of magenta crystal for the +41 color crystals. You need a quantity of 1 of the magenta crystals you get from the Force Ghost, and you need a quantity of 2 of the Adegan crystals that are farmed only on Alderaan. These Adegan crystals must be taken to a machine near the Forge on Tython (and something equivalent on Emp side) to be polished before they are ready to be used as a material in the craft.

Hope this helps clear up some of the missing or misinformation.

Edited by Dawginole

The +41 Power schematic dropped for us last night of Nightmare Pilgrim.

Yeah, sadly, don't think we're ready to take a shot at it still.... I was hoping for the same small chance at the power one on the Black Hole area, like with the endurance and crit ones.

The +41 Power schematic dropped for us last night of Nightmare Pilgrim.

Yeah, unfortunately I think a lot of the douche knuckles that are getting this schematic are getting all excited and learning it for their class before they realize the complexity of actually acquiring the mats and making the craft. After they learn that they give up and it's just a wasted schem.

Yeah, unfortunately I think a lot of the douche knuckles that are getting this schematic are getting all excited and learning it for their class before they realize the complexity of actually acquiring the mats and making the craft. After they learn that they give up and it's just a wasted schem.

Well, good ! So when I get my schematic, there will be less competition to sell very manly sabers :)

Oh, man.... Imagine that, male Sith Juggernaut, body type 4, full cyber-freak armor, 25k hp... with a pink saber. Epic.

Well, good ! So when I get my schematic, there will be less competition to sell very manly sabers :)

Oh, man.... Imagine that, male Sith Juggernaut, body type 4, full cyber-freak armor, 25k hp... with a pink saber. Epic.

You just described my main character, and I feel less manly.

Edited by Mrtwo

You just described my main character, and I feel less manly.

LOL Yep. I have a Sentinel in full BM with black robe, full dark side corruption and dual pink +41 crit light sabers. I think it's awesome. You gotta think there's a couple people out there that were super butt hurt they got smoked by a guy with pink sabers, which just gives me a huge grin. :D

LOL Yep. I have a Sentinel in full BM with black robe, full dark side corruption and dual pink +41 crit light sabers. I think it's awesome. You gotta think there's a couple people out there that were super butt hurt they got smoked by a guy with pink sabers, which just gives me a huge grin. :D

That's exactly why I have a pink saber; I use the Acolyte title for the same effect - lowering self-esteem and causing humiliation in warzones.

• 2 weeks later...

Made my first lvl 31 +16 endurance magenta crystals last night, to see what it looked like, schematic and recipe said magenta result was 2 "light red" crystals? :( Whats up with this? It literally said light red not magenta in the item description?

Color looks like light red (light pink) not really the magenta hot pink I was hoping for. Are the lv50 crystals the same color? I really hope not, the materials are different?

Still nice for Kira's double blade.

Also, I thought I sent Scorge to make one but got 2 ? Did he crit? :)

Edited by DelphinHunter

Made my first lvl 31 +16 endurance magenta crystals last night, to see what it looked like, schematic and recipe said magenta result was 2 "light red" crystals? :( Whats up with this? It literally said light red not magenta in the item description?

Color looks like light red (light pink) not really the magenta hot pink I was hoping for. Are the lv50 crystals the same color? I really hope not, the materials are different?

Still nice for Kira's double blade.

Also, I thought I sent Scorge to make one but got 2 ? Did he crit? :)

Yeah, who knows why they say "light red" and "light blue" instead of magenta and cyan like the item names. It's clearly magenta if you zoom in close to your character while your saber is out, but from a distance it looks more reddish. I think this is just because the color density increases, there's less room to have a nice gradient from white to pink :p

And yeah, Lord Scourge crits all the friggin time, and he crafts faster as well. I never use any other characters for crafting high-level stuff :)

I got the level 31, +16 end one from the Tatooine world boss and the +16 power one from the Alderaan world boss.

Can confirm this, soloed both Trapjaw and the Ulgo Siegebreaker yesterday and got the Advanced Magenta Resistance Crystal (+16 Endurance) and the Advanced Magenta Vehemence Crystal (+16 Power) schematics respectively. The crit one is reported to drop from the Nar Shaddaa boss, I'll try to confirm ASAP.

Can confirm this, soloed both Trapjaw and the Ulgo Siegebreaker yesterday and got the Advanced Magenta Resistance Crystal (+16 Endurance) and the Advanced Magenta Vehemence Crystal (+16 Power) schematics respectively. The crit one is reported to drop from the Nar Shaddaa boss, I'll try to confirm ASAP.

Confirmed, the Savage schem drops from R4-GL on Nar Shaddaa.