Augment tables coming in 1.3

Cmdluke

As mentioned in the new podcast, Augment Tables which will allow you to add augment slots to any and all orange gear is coming in 1.3. I assume these tables will be the (currently) useless mod stations placed throughout the game.

Now the ability to add augment slots to orange gear is a great feature and has been wanted for a while. However using the mod stations may not be the way to go.

As a crafter, one of our best sources of income is crit crafting orange gear with augment slots that we can sell on the GTN. Allowing anyone to use a mod station to just add augment slots to any orange gear kind of defeats the purpose of being able to crit craft gear with augment slots.

Seems like it would be a better idea to allow crafters to add augment slots to orange gear, similar to how enchanting works in 'that other game'. That crafters are still viable and can contribute to the community at end game.

Anyone else agree here?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the crafters that can crit-craft gear with augment slots are still the only source for augments. this is probably the thinking behind making this function available to everyone, rather than double-dipping with crafters.

the crafters that can crit-craft gear with augment slots are still the only source for augments. this is probably the thinking behind making this function available to everyone, rather than double-dipping with crafters.

so they take away a source of income from all professions except the one that makes augments? doesn't seem fair now does it.

I've been saying this since a method to add Augment slots to preexisting items was confirmed several weeks ago. Everyone said I was imagining things, that crafters would be involved in the process in some way that maintained their importance to the system.

To all who derided me: I told you so.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This ...

I have np buying orange augmented gear for 100-150k a piece but then to have to buy the aug from that same crafter for 200k+ is a bit much ...

Plus, until it goes live, there is no telling how the mod station will work. It might require the person to collect mats, boss drops, etc ... which, if that is the case, crafters will still be able to make money ..

so they take away a source of income from all professions except the one that makes augments? doesn't seem fair now does it.

all three professions that can craft gear with augment slots can also make augments. if you want to get into what's fair, explain why the three crafters that can make orange gear should be able to sell 2 expensive items to players for one gear slot, while cybertechs get random drops of BOP schematics that make BOP earpieces in operations, and if it doesn't do anything for their class, too bad.

Edited by codyr

I'm willing to bet it won't be free or easy to add augment slots to pre-existing gear. Have you seen the price-tag they've slapped on everything else, like removing mods from gear?

I'm seeing this happen. The price will likely be arbitrarily high (250k-750k), which will give crafters an incentive to still make a great profit, while not making their profits exuberant.

As mentioned in the new podcast, Augment Tables which will allow you to add augment slots to any and all orange gear is coming in 1.3.

Actually, they just mention armour there, not all organe gear that would include weapons...

Good point, but Artifice already creates modifications unavailable anywhere else.

such as .... ?

Artifice is almost useless in the crafter world. Our enhancement making is outdone by the daily vendor, same with our hilts. Our Crystal making is outdone (well, actually it is the same) by drops, special events (i.e. rakghoul crystals) and pvp (crystals can be bought) ... I do not consider being able to make a different color of crystal but with the same stat as a big deal and neither do many which can be seen by how many color crystals we sell (at least on my server) ...

The ONLY thing Artifice has right now is the ability to make augmented Orange Lightsabers which sell for about 45-50k on my server and usually takes us making 5-10 to get 1 augmented one and then, we are unable to RE the ones that were not augmented ....

But yeah, everything else we can make can either be matched by a drop or vendor or is better than what we can make, also by a drop or vendor ....

I do not consider being able to make a different color of crystal but with the same stat as a big deal and neither do many which can be seen by how many color crystals we sell (at least on my server) ...
You may not, others do. What colors are you selling? Have you managed to locate the schematic for purple crystals yet?

Then why are you complaining? It would be no different than it is now.

Hmmm ...

I think you misread one of my posts, I'm not complaining about anything ;) Well, maybe Artifice but I'm all for being able to add augment slots to any orange gear by going to a mod table, it will give me more variety on what I can wear rather than being restricted by what someone makes.

such as .... ?

Artifice is almost useless in the crafter world. Our enhancement making is outdone by the daily vendor, same with our hilts. Our Crystal making is outdone (well, actually it is the same) by drops, special events (i.e. rakghoul crystals) and pvp (crystals can be bought) ... I do not consider being able to make a different color of crystal but with the same stat as a big deal and neither do many which can be seen by how many color crystals we sell (at least on my server) ...

The ONLY thing Artifice has right now is the ability to make augmented Orange Lightsabers which sell for about 45-50k on my server and usually takes us making 5-10 to get 1 augmented one and then, we are unable to RE the ones that were not augmented ....

But yeah, everything else we can make can either be matched by a drop or vendor or is better than what we can make, also by a drop or vendor ....

This is precisely correct.

As mentioned in the new podcast, Augment Tables which will allow you to add augment slots to any and all orange gear is coming in 1.3. I assume these tables will be the (currently) useless mod stations placed throughout the game.

Now the ability to add augment slots to orange gear is a great feature and has been wanted for a while. However using the mod stations may not be the way to go.

As a crafter, one of our best sources of income is crit crafting orange gear with augment slots that we can sell on the GTN. Allowing anyone to use a mod station to just add augment slots to any orange gear kind of defeats the purpose of being able to crit craft gear with augment slots.

Seems like it would be a better idea to allow crafters to add augment slots to orange gear, similar to how enchanting works in 'that other game'. That crafters are still viable and can contribute to the community at end game.

Anyone else agree here?

Yep. Screwed.

I think you missed the point of what he said.... I had to listen to it again just to be sure..

"You will be able to add an augment slot to ANY piece of wearable gear (armor) and get that augment slot"

it's not just orange gear. its green, blue, purple, orange, adaptive, and social gear. It's not really taking money away from the crafters because to get the augment, it has to be a critical craft, and a critical craft means the item has higher stats than a normal one.

I may not want to pay 20k credits for a crit. crafted piece of armor, I may settle on the non-crit 5K credit one, and just add an augment slot.

such as .... ?

agreed. I love artifice for leveling, my gear was almost always better than most drops or quest rewards leaving me free to pick companion upgrades for quest rewards, but at end-game, not much money to be made with it.