The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

/Stuck Abuse

Marqhill

Does this bother anyone else? It bothers the piss out of me. In case you're not familiar with what I call /Stuck "Abuse" it's when somone uses /stuck to get to the spawn in a war zone in order to gain a termporary advantage of position. The most common /Stuck abuse that I've seen in war zones is in Huttball when an enemy or team mate will use the /Stuck command to get back to the spawn and in front of the ball carrier in a huttball. Another is in Void Star when defending. Some people will just use the /Stuck command in order to immediately respawn on the other side of the bridge before the attackers can get across so that they can defend against the attackers immediately instead of fighting their way across the bridge.

Now I understand the functionality of the command and it seems quite good. But personally I see this as kind of a cheat. Using commands that are intended to help you out of a situation where you are genuinely stuck in poistion and your game has bugged out so that you can get back into a fight. Instead people are using it as a game play mechanism in order to avoid actually having to fight against or play against other players and still be able to get into an advantageous position.

Does anyone else see this as being an exploit? It's definitely not being used as intended. Also, if you agree with me how do you think they should fix it? I have a guild mate who will /Stuck in several situation and he'll /Stuck 5 or 6 times during the course of a war zone. I know I could do the same thing but to me that's just ruining the game. At that point you're playing the rules and not the game. What do you guys think?

In the two scenarios you mentioned you can just as easily fall into the pit or jump into a fire trap to die quickly.

But yes, I would say it can become a problem but currently it's not so bad. But they can't fix it really, I've used it in hutt ball and had to use stuck to kill myself to get out from under the map, etc. the only place where /stuck would truly give an advantage IMO, is to quickly swap between side turrets on CW

as long as it auto /stucks you when you're literally stuck then yes

The only time I've been stuck in PvP is when I get bugged and cannot move after I respawn at the graveyard and /stuck doesn't work for that.

I think you would save a couple seconds using it to switch sides in Alderaan, and depending on circumstances could be really useful for getting ahead of the ball carrier.

But taking screenshots in Huttball is still a way bigger issue.

Since 1.2 has hit I've only had to /Stuck once ever. However when people start using it 3 - 4 times or more per war zone that's a serious problem and something that I definitely think Bioware should look into.

Well not sure how this works....but..

Earlier today I had a bug were I was stuck in an invisible box (which royally sucked btw) when I ran to the snow cap in the beginning of the civil war. I had to use /stuck and it killed me (which was fine other the bug that made me do it).

we lost that node but we came back and won, but /stuck killed me.

Well not sure how this works....but..

Earlier today I had a bug were I was stuck in an invisible box (which royally sucked btw) when I ran to the snow cap in the beginning of the civil war. I had to use /stuck and it killed me (which was fine other the bug that made me do it).

we lost that node but we came back and won, but /stuck killed me.

That's exactly what /Stuck does. It kills you and sends you back to the spawn immediately. My issue with this is that people are using /Stuck in games like huttball to completely circumvent defenders and get to the end zone to defend from a possible score ahead of the attacking team.

In Void Star people will use /Stuck to get back to the spawn ahead of the enemy team so that they don't have to fight there way through the enemy team to stop team that has gotten ahead of them. I personally feel that this is an exploit that ruins the competitive nature of PvP war zones. Just using it to avoid enemy players entirely and gain a temporary positional advantage without actually earning it.

That's abuse to me.

I'm not sure I see the tactical advantage of killing yourself and then having to wait for the doors to open on your spawn area unless you were VERY far away from the objective (i.e. opposite endzone in Huttball... but that's about it).

hmm I might have to start using this

does it spawn you behind the barrier? if so then who cares

It does, but at that point you're not really playing against other players you're just playing the rules oif the war zone.

It's really not that safe to kill your self and just hope your side's respawn barrier would be down. In the map where this is potentially most useful (voidstar on D), you also have the map with the longest respawn barrier. There is certainly no shortage of games where I bombed a door and I can see 3 of the defender stuck behind the barrier.

The only other major use you have is if you're deep in enemy territory in Huttball and they just got the ball, though in this case you also forfeit any chance for a counterattack (i.e. someone else kill the ball carrier and pass it to you). Also, it's actually pretty hard to stop a good ball runner from the front since all you can do is KB but most good players know how to deal with that. To stop a ball carrier, you usually have to be behind him and grapple him and that's never going to happen when you respawn.

It's really not that safe to kill your self and just hope your side's respawn barrier would be down. In the map where this is potentially most useful (voidstar on D), you also have the map with the longest respawn barrier. There is certainly no shortage of games where I bombed a door and I can see 3 of the defender stuck behind the barrier.

Indeed, it is hardly useful in Voidstar, since doing this prevents you from stopping your opponents from capping the bridges or forcefields. If you feel like trading in that opportunity is worth it, you are probably getting outplayed and/or facing a better team, and this exploit won't help you.

I have started hedging my bets when it comes to disarming bombs on that map. When there is a ton of aoe (and there usually is) I typically don't bother. I prefer to save my hp for a longer fight at the bridges or force fields.

Only really see it useful in voidstar, and only if going against a team which, after blowing the first door, focuses on using as many slows and stuns as possible while one shadow sprints ahead. There's no real way to combat that strategy by already being ahead. Now maybe if slows and roots added to and were affected by resolve, this wouldn't be an issue.