9th May Downtime - Discussion For Players in Withdrawl

JebusJM

wait ...

Update: This maintenance period has been postponed and the servers will NOT be taken offline tonight. We’ll post more information about the rescheduled time in this thread as soon as it is available. Thank you for your patience.

what?

Hey JebusJM!

Tonight's downtime has been delayed. You can find more information in this thread by Allison Berryman:

Update: This maintenance period has been postponed and the servers will NOT be taken offline tonight. We’ll post more information about the rescheduled time in this thread as soon as it is available. Thank you for your patience.

Good luck on achieving level 50!

What are you talking about. Servers are not going down. the maintenance was postponed

Plus, I think most players actually want the patch that will fix the bugs in the last patch that fixed the bugs ... so yea, gives us the fixes please.

Plus, I think most players actually want the patch that will fix the bugs in the last patch that fixed the bugs ... so yea, gives us the fixes please.

As long as the maintenance happens in peak American game time, sure.

As it stands, every time there is an "emergency" patch, it's the Oceanic players that are hit hardest.

So no!

Patch once a week, in the scheduled weekly maintenance period. Please.

Edited by Ignicity

As long as the maintenance happens in peak American game time, sure.

As it stands, every time there is an "emergency" patch, it's the Oceanic players that are hit hardest.

So no!

Patch once a week, in the scheduled weekly maintenance period. Please.

Just remember, US Based game, US Based Support/Dev Team, they're not generally gonna bring down servers during prime US time. Sorry not trying to be mean just stating the obvious (would be nice if they rolled out at varying times to the world servers accordingly but thats more money spent for overtime/after hours)... Blame the time zones and the great divide that that causes I guess.

Just remember, US Based game, US Based Support/Dev Team, they're not generally gonna bring down servers during prime US time. Sorry not trying to be mean just stating the obvious (would be nice if they rolled out at varying times to the world servers accordingly but thats more money spent for overtime/after hours)... Blame the time zones and the great divide that that causes I guess.

I know this already. I brought it up because of people wanting more downtime, when it doesn't directly effect them.

I know this already. I brought it up because of people wanting more downtime, when it doesn't directly effect them.

This 100%. Of course it's a USA-based game, but no need to neglect Aussie's most of the time during our prime-time.

care to explain why there is EU support?

I'm sick and tired of that stupid 'it's an american game' claim. 'stating the obvious'? lol. yeah I bet Bioware would be super happy if the EU/AUS folks just decided to stop playing 'the american game'.

I'm sick and tired of that stupid 'it's an american game' claim. 'stating the obvious'? lol. yeah I bet Bioware would be super happy if the EU/AUS folks just decided to stop playing 'the american game'.

This.

And they still do not understand why people around the world would like to kick their asses...... They got such an attitude. "The American Game" is nothing without international money.

If you also consider that in 2008, the majority of WoW's subscription are not from the US.

Blizzard Entertainment has announced that World of Warcraft has recently passed 10 million subscribers worldwide since its launch on November 23, 2004. According to Blizzard, WoW now hosts more than 2 million subscribers in Europe, more than 2.5 million in North America, and approximately 5.5 million in Asia.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=17062

Asia and Europe combined make up more of the subscription numbers than the US alone.

Granted these are from 2008, and are the sub numbers of WoW, but the majority of gamers are not from the US.

I also find that Europe and Asia-Pacific servers are doing well. The US gamers are the ones who drop the ball and can't manage their server population and keep complaining.