what is the best pvp class

lennyy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PVP is team based and that's exactly the reason why there is no "best class" for PVP.

You need every class to be succesful. If you only got ranged classes, you won't win anything. If you play melee, you have to play smart and don't charge into the 5 enemies finishing of 1 guy from your team.

As a marauder, I can really pick my targets and I prefer the stupid guys chilling in the back, thinking they can free cast on anything. If you jump into their face and circle them while shoving your lightsaber up their arse, they usually don't know what to do. I really enjoy the Marauder and I was nearly always top 3 in damage and objectives even tho everyone says, that the class is gimped.

PVP is team based and that's exactly the reason why there is no "best class" for PVP.

You need every class to be succesful. If you only got ranged classes, you won't win anything. If you play melee, you have to play smart and don't charge into the 5 enemies finishing of 1 guy from your team.

As a marauder, I can really pick my targets and I prefer the stupid guys chilling in the back, thinking they can free cast on anything. If you jump into their face and circle them while shoving your lightsaber up their arse, they usually don't know what to do. I really enjoy the Marauder and I was nearly always top 3 in damage and objectives even tho everyone says, that the class is gimped.

I agree, i played the Republic Mirror to the marauder. I usually got my target in the back ranks like u stated and at times survived and got out to kill again, sometimes i didnt but i had np with the class having fun and killing people.

I love these discussions.

so, what's better in pvp... rock? paper? or scissors?!?!?

-oh, scissors totally is the best!

-well until rock comes along...

but hey, if scissors knows a few good papers, that rock is SO covered!

-jk.

in my pvp experience from Beta playing a gunslinger, I was usually either #1 or #2 damage dealer for the battlegrounds and usually was near or at the top in # of kills... although while I was playing, most of the time I felt like I wasn't doing much, or was too easily CC'ed by the inquisitors and other force-users.

Regardless, I had fun, and I hope you choose the class you have the most fun. -just keep in mind there will always be other classes that are easier and harder to kill for your class... how often you come out on top, blowing the residual smoke from the barrel of your blaster will be the REAL comment on best pvp class... just remember, what's best for YOU isn't necessarily THE best in pvp...

when it comes down to it, "the best" pvp class is always the class that the MOST people are able to get the MOST proficient with... so pick a class, and get REALLY good at it.. and then... you'll be the best!

~good hunting!

In the Beta I have tested all classes to late 30's and I can tell you they all are good. The Balance between all of them are very close. In fact usually the person that gets the start will end up winning with both classes very close to death on 1vs1 of the same level.

I did a lot of Sorc pvp in beta, I played with a Bounty Hunter as my partner in crime. My Bounty hunter was #1 in dps, Where i was #2 in dps, but I was also #1 in heals, these positions were very consistent, regardless of the pvp zone. PVP gives a lot of XP and $. =]

This game seems more like it's based on the player than the class.

anyone that looks for the "best" anything will always be a bad player, they have it set in their mind already they need a crutch to lean on rather then their own skill.

Play what you enjoy playing and you will get better results then playing what someone "claims" as the best

This.

It's like saying "HAY GUYZ, WHICH FOTM CLAS CAN I USE TO PWN NUBS W SO I CNA FEEL LIEK A BIG MAN? KTHXBYE"

Of course, usually there is no such thing as a best PvP class. However, there are classes that are better or worse for PvP, and, as important, there are specs more viable for PvP than others. Also, the environment matters a lot. Let me give you an example.

Random Warzones

----------------------

In random warzones the presence of healers makes or breaks the balance. If no healers are present, range is by far the best defensive ability you can get, which usually makes the ranged classes excel compared to the melee classes. The reason for this is, that melee can be hurt seriously before even getting into range, if healers are present they usually make it to the target with much more health left. Additionally, because melee have to get close, they are often focused by more than one enemy, which is not endurable without healing.

This situation without healers was omnipresent in the beta which led to the impression that ranged classes are very powerful in PvP. This was actually the case in every MMO I've played up to now, that ranged classes are more powerful than melee in low level random PvP.

Organized, high-level PvP

------------------------------

The situation drastically changes in organized groups. Here the situation evens out between melee and ranged classes. Balance is much more dominated by things like defensive abilities in general, and the ability to stick to targets for melee classes. This leads to some classes that are better suited for certain rules.

In general, as in basically all MMO's I've played, the pure role classes are better suited for there role in PvP than hybrids. Take Juggernaut DPS vs Marauder DPS as an example:

While both seem to have comparable DPS this is not the only thing that matters in PvP. Because the Marauder only has damage specs his utility abilities are all suited towards DPS, whereas the Juggernaut has many abilities, like taunts for example, that are usually not used by DPS. The marauder has much more survivability in PvP because of things like Cloak of Pain, Obfuscate, Force Camouflage, which are not available to Juggernauts because the defensive Juggernaut abilities are all tied to their tanking tree.

That said, pure DPS classes always have a larger toolbox to suit there role. While the comparable DPS still makes DPS Juggernauts viable in PvE, where utility is not such a big thing, in PvP the pure classes are usually stronger. Basically the same is true for the ability to stick to targets. The (carnage especially) marauder has much better tools for this.

You can say similar things if you compare Sniper and Sorcerer for example. The sniper has a much better passive defense because of cover and Ballistic Dampers. Without healers the Sorcerer can make up for this with his shield and maybe his heals, but in group PvP he is getting those anyway from the group's healer.

Conclusion

-------------

Of course the balance often changes, and sometimes in a way that hybrid classes are more viable than the pure classes, but on average the pure classes will be better. So if you plan to PvP I would recommend the following classes

DPS -> Marauder, Sniper

Heal -> Sorcerer, Mercenary, Operative

Tank -> Juggernaut, Assasin, Powertech

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.