The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Does huttball need to be removed?

DarthFourTwenty

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love huttball still. I just wish they'd implement 3-5 variations on the map design. It would be more fun because you would have to run different styles of gameplay based off the variation of the map you got.

Pugging is the way to learn how to hate huttball. Can't really blame the OP, when I happen to solo queue, huttball is often an excruciating experience. OTOH, playing it with a group is quite fun.

if you hate Huttball because you PUG it, then it's not Huttball you hate but, in fact, PUG'ing. Huttball in and of itself is a unique and fun wz. ALL of the wz's suck when you PUG them with people who don't understand objective based pvp.

Yes, I'm looing at you 'You mean Civil War has cap points and isn't about 1v1'ing people in ***** end of nowhere?' people I seem to constantly que with.

I love huttball still. I just wish they'd implement 3-5 variations on the map design. It would be more fun because you would have to run different styles of gameplay based off the variation of the map you got.

EXTREME RULES HUTTBALL!

Ball blows up after carrier holds it for 10 seconds, instead of 2 minutes or whatever it is right now. Hot potato

it should not be removed, the reason most hate hutt ball is because the que spam's it way too much. what needs to happen is:

1. cross server que's so more people are in the que system at once.

2. assuming 1. happens then have the abbility to choose what wz you can que for, like most other mmo's do.

I love huttball. It takes a little while to get the hang of the tactics, but once you do (and assuming you don't get stuck with a terribad team) it is fantastic!

What I want to see though... is a video of Hutts playing it

Warrior ball is ok, kinda annoying when a class can leap to an ally once, be pulled by a sorc, and leap two or three times and get to the goal in around 10 seconds from grabbing the ball at the middle (either the juggernaut is immune to CC or can do a short leap for a third time).

If huttball is about moving the ball, then players should not be able to move around so quickly as the ball handler, but I doubt anything will ever change in that regard. Would be great if the ball handlers were unable to use speed increases or leaps but rather than adapting to a gameplay that favors no particular class most players would likely complain, threaten to unsub, and make wild threads (probably about how stealthers would be OP in huttball, then healers, then tanks, then snipers/gunslingers in cover). If the warzone did not favor any particular class, then it could even end up being a boring warzone. In the end it is probably best just to leave things alone.

Until rateds come out winning is not too crucial, at the very least you could probably hold middle and play it like any other point-guard warzone.

Edited by Zerogates

if you hate Huttball because you PUG it, then it's not Huttball you hate but, in fact, PUG'ing. Huttball in and of itself is a unique and fun wz. ALL of the wz's suck when you PUG them with people who don't understand objective based pvp.

Yes, I'm looing at you 'You mean Civil War has cap points and isn't about 1v1'ing people in ***** end of nowhere?' people I seem to constantly que with.

Heh yeah I guess that's a way to look at it... But really, most WZs are completely puggable if the other players aren't completely brain dead... I mean, most of the things they have to understand are left, right, middle, beat on the guy with a big glowing mark over his head.

Huttball is much more complex than that, and while capable players are able to win even when pugging, it remains a much more random experience than other wzs, due to the complexity and difficulty in communication.

Then again, playing huttball in a premade with TS against another premade is probably the most fun you can have in a wz (though you may get some epic fights in other wzs too)

If you can't enjoy Huttball, I don't understand how you can still play this game.

A thousand times this.

It's the only WZ that has 100% running and gunning. Voidstar comes close but if you're the one guarding a door then you're stuck out of the action. All the other WZs is the type that requires some poor sap to miss out.

Huttball is SWTOR PvP in a huttshell, I mean nutshell.

I call huttball "Jedi Jungle Gym", if you cant leap, pull, or do knock-backs, please go play in the sandbox with other kiddies.

The game is not well suited for Scoundrels/Ops, I pretty much relegate myself to healing, and standing in places stealthed where I can make an easy score.

Though I can use the fire pits from time to time, to assist with ganking, It feels like I miss out on so much during the game.