The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

CC fest?

Tiriensoul

Ive been playing several different mmorpgs out there, but let's take one, Warhammer online.

Warhammer online have loads more CC than SWTOR.. But there is something about SWTOR's poorly implemented CC that makes you wanna quit almost every other Wz. What is it?`

I've been trying to pin-point the problem but i can't. Why is it that SWTOR's CC is sooo much more annoying?

Can anyone help me, is someone in the same boat?

Logic says that Warhammer online that has tons of more CC should be more annoying, but it isn't.

Is it because 99,9% of CC in WO breaks on dmg? I'm pretty sure this is it. But not 100%.

Crowd control should break on damage, always. But how much CC abilities is there that doesn't break on dmg in SWTOR?

Sometimes i swear to god it feels like it's the majority of the CC abilities.

Do you find CC in Swtor more annoying than your last mmorpg? If so, why?

Edited by Tiriensoul

I've been trying to pin-point the problem but i can't. Why is it that SWTOR's CC is sooo much more annoying?

Hutball + ppl who don't know what pass is = forum whine.

If hutball was never implemented, nobody would have qq-ed about cc.... ever.

Ive been playing several different mmorpgs out there, but let's take one, Warhammer online.

Warhammer online have loads more CC than SWTOR.. But there is something about SWTOR's poorly implemented CC that makes you wanna quit almost every other Wz. What is it?`

Logic says that Warhammer online that has tons of more CC should be more annoying, but it isn't.

Is it because 99,9% of CC in WO breaks on dmg? I'm pretty sure this is it. But not 100%.

Crowd control should break on damage, always. But how many CC is there that doesn't break on dmg in SWTOR?

Your quitting is more of a personal flaw (tbh).

I played every class in WAR. What was lacked in CC, was more than made up for in AoE damage.

Crowd control should break on damage, always. But how many CC is there that doesn't break on dmg in SWTOR?

there is far to much CC in this game and with the reolve bar not working properly it makes it even worse lol.

who in the right mind would put area's stuns into pvp. i can imagine them for PVE but they shouldnt work in pvp.

CC needs to be looked at in this game because i spend 80% of my time unable to use my character because of it.

warhammer has overpowered healing meant for world pvp and not warzones.

This is the reason why warzones always end with one side being spawn camped. One side will continually get farmed while the other side will hardly die.

So CC isn't a factor because healing can put a whole group into full HP in a couple of seconds.

there is far to much CC in this game and with the reolve bar not working properly it makes it even worse lol.

who in the right mind would put area's stuns into pvp. i can imagine them for PVE but they shouldnt work in pvp.

CC needs to be looked at in this game because i spend 80% of my time unable to use my character because of it.

Area stun? The problem aren't stuns. The problem resides between the keyboard and your chair.

Edited by xxdragonragexx

It's not Hutball specific. It's about Crowd control.

Stun.... while i was going for

zap.... Damn i think i should go fo

Imobilize.... Oh crap i need to

Stun.... boooooorrrrr

zap...

This is what it feels like. Imagine never be able to finish one sentence.. Fun times :p

It's not about huttball at all. It's about every single class having atleast 1 stun + 1 other CC on a <1 min cooldown.

warhammer has overpowered healing meant for world pvp and not warzones.

This is the reason why warzones always end with one side being spawn camped. One side will continually get farmed while the other side will hardly die.

So CC isn't a factor because healing can put a whole group into full HP in a couple of seconds.

Area stun? The problem aren't stuns. The problem resides between the keyboard and your chair.

Maybe you are right, maybe it isn't the CC maybe it is about the healing.

What i would do to have the same healing control here as in Warhammer online... *drool*

Will keep this in mind next time... And yeah when i think about it the healing here isn't even close to what it is in Wo.

So maybe you did find the reason... :D

Stuns should fill up the resolve bar faster. Every second you're stunned by an ability that does not break on damage, it should fill 1/4th resolve. CC's that break on damage should maybe be 1/8th resolve every second. That way, you'll never be CC'd for more than 8 seconds at a time. And no longer than 4 seconds while being damaged. If you break out early with the CC breaker, it should automatically fill your resolve bar (since the cooldown is so long anyways). I think that might help out the CC fest a little. Also, once your resolve bar fills it should break any stuns/cc's that are on you.

The problem with this is that it makes it kinda tough to lock down a healer while you kill him. At least in 1v1. I'd be a little worried about healers becoming too powerful, but I think it'd be fine.

It would definitely cut down on chain CC.

As far as roots and slows affecting people with full resolve... That's not too bad.. If they begin to be a problem, I think the abilities should be nerfed and they should remain outside of resolve.

No, this game is not a stun fest. Some people think it is, but that is because they don't understand how stuns, CC in general, or the Resolve system work.

Granted, BW should do a better job of providing information on CCs and Resolve in game, but the real problem right now is that players die far too quickly (TTK is too low). Since you can die before a stun wears off, the players who experience this annoying scenario incorrectly perceive the CC as being the culprit.

... and with the reolve bar not working properly it makes it even worse lol.

I'm not sure how you can continue to post this factually incorrect statement and not be banned for outright trolling. Resolve works as intended. The Resolve Bar works as intended.

No, this game is not a stun fest. Some people think it is, but that is because they don't understand how stuns, CC in general, or the Resolve system work.

Granted, BW should do a better job of providing information on CCs and Resolve in game, but the real problem right now is that players die far too quickly (TTK is too low). Since you can die before a stun wears off, the players who experience this annoying scenario incorrectly perceive the CC as being the culprit.

I'm not sure how you can continue to post this factually incorrect statement and not be banned for outright trolling. Resolve works as intended. The Resolve Bar works as intended.

It makes sense, because pre 1.2 it wasn't as bad as it is now. Atleast from what i can remember... Or like the other person said it might be the healing aswell. So it might not be the CC... But something just feels wrong.

It makes sense, because pre 1.2 it wasn't as bad as it is now. Atleast from what i can remember... Or like the other person said it might be the healing aswell. So it might not be the CC... But something just feels wrong.

The healing ties directly into the TTK problem. BW buffed DPS and nerfed healing in 1.2 which tilted the TTK too far. They also double nerfed Sorc/Sage healers by eliminating 100% of their burst healing which also contributes to the TTK problem (i.e. it doesn't matter how many healers you have healing a guy if the damage done takes him to 0 before the healer is able to finish a cast).

Being a long time City of Heroes player, I always thought the amount of CC in that game was ridiculous with the controllers and dominators, but SWTOR is the icing of the cake on CC, it's wrose than City of Heroes- at least CoH has a DR system where a controller or dominator can't permanently CC you and that game has "break free" consumables that can be used as many times as you want.

Getting bounced around back and forth over and over and stunned and then stunned again after breaking CC which is usually on a 2 minute cooldown and no other way out of it... *sigh*

But hey, I'm guilty of it, I sometimes root one person over and over and over since it isn't part of resolve.

Edited by Sookster