Why the novels and books arent a valid sorce of information

Starcheif

Wow, I haven't seen the Prof in a long time. How've you been?

However, I would just like to make one little addition to one of your posts. It's mostly just a nit pick really. The Stories of the video games are what is canon. The mechanics are N-Canon. I know you are aware of that. Just wanted to make sure that was said since some of the people that have been posting in this thread don't seem to know what is or isn't considered canon or how the system even works.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I haven't seen the Prof in a long time. How've you been?

However, I would just like to make one little addition to one of your posts. It's mostly just a nit pick really. The Stories of the video games are what is canon. The mechanics are N-Canon. I know you are aware of that. Just wanted to make sure that was said since some of the people that have been posting in this thread don't seem to know what is or isn't considered canon or how the system even works.

And in the case of multiple endings/genders/etc., only one of those is taken as canon.

And in the case of multiple endings/genders/etc., only one of those is taken as canon.

Which has to this point been the 100% Completion and 100% Light Side ending.

EDIT: I like how, after reading the Wookieepedia entries for each of the player classes, there isn't one canon entry. It will read something like "...some tellings say X did this while yet other tellings say X did that." So, all class stories are canon but, there isn't a canon path.

So while my Sith Sorcerer Altonraen Deafin may also be known as Lord Kallig and Darth Nox, there are still other Sith Sorcerers known as Lord Kallig and Darth Imperius and both are considered canon.

Edited by Lewisgil

there u go tight there i refuse to believe that the books with luke and leia are married and having children are canon do u believe that??

What books were these?

I recall the very first Star Wars novel ever published, Splinter of the Mind's Eye, had Luke and Leia kissing again, but that was released before we all knew they were siblings. And being fair to Luke and Leia, it was also set n a time where even they did know they were siblings.

I don't recall ever hearing about a book where Luke and Leia get married, and I have read most of the Star Wars novels out there.

So, something else they retconned then? I thought it was the Exile that betrayed Revan to the Emperor.

The canon ending for KotOR II has always been Female Exile, 100% Completion, and 100% Lightside. She is credited as the person that rebuilt the Jedi Order, except that point isn't adhered to in the novel.