Guild Banks

Ommamar

So the third guild I have been in has gotten a guild bank. Once again the only way I can get anything from it is to find an officer or the gm and request permision to get the item I want.

This makes no sense to me, I actually ended up leaving a good guild over issues regarding it. Mostly it was how the gm approached the issue when I raised it in guild chat but the gb was the catalyst.

I have biochem as a crew skill so I spent 3 and half hours making lower leveled consumable that I put in the bank. Only to find that no one but the gm could pull them out.

I guess I have a different idea of how to use the gb then the majority seems to.

So the third guild I have been in has gotten a guild bank. Once again the only way I can get anything from it is to find an officer or the gm and request permision to get the item I want.

This makes no sense to me, I actually ended up leaving a good guild over issues regarding it. Mostly it was how the gm approached the issue when I raised it in guild chat but the gb was the catalyst.

I have biochem as a crew skill so I spent 3 and half hours making lower leveled consumable that I put in the bank. Only to find that no one but the gm could pull them out.

I guess I have a different idea of how to use the gb then the majority seems to.

Start your own Guild then or build up trust with your currant Guild, Like most guild leaders they are not going to give permissions straight away to people who are new to the guild or guild hop like yourself.

Its all about trust.

Their bankier and guild rank system sucks then. We are a small guild and already have three pages, one basic page where anyone can place or take anything no matter the guild rank (even recruits, up to 20 items/week), a craft page where most people can take infinite number of stuff, and Officer page which noone but leutenats/recruiters/GM can see at all. Edited by Shadenuat

Their bankier and guild rank system sucks then. We are a small guild and already have three pages, one basic page where anyone can place or take anything no matter the guild rank (even recruits, up to 20 items/week), a craft page where most people can take infinite number of stuff, and Officer page which noone but leutenats/recruiters/GM can see at all.

Agreed, I played EQ2 for many years and every guild that I was in had multiple tabs with permissions for each tab. :)

I can defiantly understand the limitation to the guild banks between officers and members

The GM is the only person in the guild which has the ability to set permissions and depending on how he/she views how the guild should partake in the guild bank is solely between the GM and the officers but in the end... ultimately the GM's decision.

Now I have personally seen guild banks go South very quickly in a VERY short amount of time when the guild bank had open permissions across the board. This happened where I was one of the officers in a fairly decent sized guild, a group of 3 individuals decided to raid the guild bank of everything. A HUGE amount of gold, all raid consumables, mats for crafting and those which had already been crafted which would normally cost thousands in gold, every type of gear including those that dropped in our endgame raids, EVERYTHING gone.

With that said, if this has ever happened to you, and you were running the guild, don't you think you might think twice of having everything in the guild bank open to everybody in unlimited quantity's?

With my current guild, we have 2 tabs available with 5 slots open (except credits which are used for repairs and to buy more tabs) to everyone per week except for recruits. This gives everyone a chance to take out something they might need throughout the week which will probably be increased to 10-15 later on depending on how often people need items. There is always at least 1-2 officers on at all times if they are needing anything else.

All in all, the members need to show a level of trust between them and the officers and GM.

I was about to say the same thing as the poster above this.. right now we have 4 areas open in our bank.. 1 of them I have open to anyone with our guild tag (fresh new recruits to officers), with restrictions on how much, 2 I have open to veteran guild members and up.. this way it prevents us from recruiting someone who goes into the bank.. grabs everything they can and run with it.. and the last one is open to anyone who is a veteran guildy with a level 50.. that way we dont have all sorts of items mixed all together.. I havent had a single issue nor a single complaint from any of the guild members Edited by iamxtreme

and the last one is open to anyone who is a veteran guildy with a level 50.. that way we dont have all sorts of items mixed all together.. I havent had a single issue nor a single complaint from any of the guild members

How were you able to set permissions for a certain level to access? All i saw was the permissions for rank

Start your own Guild then or build up trust with your currant Guild, Like most guild leaders they are not going to give permissions straight away to people who are new to the guild or guild hop like yourself.

Its all about trust.

Hmm so as a high level spending my time dropping down to run people through flashppoints and heroics isn't enough? Taking 4 hours of my time to make low level biochem consumables and sending them to the mail to anyone I thought could use them?

As has been pointed out you can set the bank up with multiple pages with different access abilities. So it makes sense to do this for crafting material and consumables.

Yes as a GM I could understand the worry of thieves, but if you make it clear that it is not a storage area that any item you put in is one that you don't want.

I understand you really had no knowledge of the situation but decided that you could make judgement calls on my "guild hopping". My criteria is simple if there is drama I roll, if no one ever seems to be around in the guild I roll.

So maybe I will make a guild, I even have a cool name in mind. If anyone wants to be a member of HEADBANGING WOOKIES on the ZB server let me know.