The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Oozo Strikes Back: 10-19 Vanguard Assault PvP Movie

Raggok

Hello,

Some of you might know me as Oozo or Raggok from World of Warcraft.

This is my first SWTOR short movie. The content will be 1vNs and 1v1s with an assault build Vanguard. All of the 1v1s are against orange or red con enemy players. My main intent when making a movie is to try to entertain.

The movie along with some commentary about Vanguard gameplay can be found at my blogsite. I plan to release movies as I level up in the game. I did not play beta so my comments are from the point of view of a new player with no upper level experience. Keep that in mind.

Oozo Strikes Back: 10-19 Vanguard Assault PvP

The song is "End of the Line" by Daft Punk. Remix by the Renegade of Amstrad.

Edited by Raggok

In the first part of your vid, why do you burn through all your ammo in a fight that's being drawn out so much?

Isn't it more effective to use your abilities more conservatively in order to maintain a reasonable ammo regen and thus more dps over sustained periods of time?

I was trying to burn him down through the healing but came up short. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Also, sustained DPS is good but you typically need burst to kill people in PvP. The trooper mechanic is going to be full of decisions like this. Play it conservatively or go for the kill. If you go for the kill but come up short you will probably pay the price for that decision.

If I had the power to predict the future I wouldn't have gone for the kill there at the beginning.

Edited by Raggok

WHOA didn't know about how the ammo regen works, that completely changes the class for me and makes it a lot more exciting. Gives it a nice skill camp, gonna be nice destroying BH that just spam out there moves then have to regen slowly. And nice video by the one it finally got me to decided on lving a Vanguard.

Nice video. I've been playing the same spec to 18 right now and loving it in PVP.

kudos

27 now and still enjoying it. It's a lot of fun if you want to relax and play off of your team-mates. You can rack up tons of damage. I would say that 1v2 situations or worse are definitely hard mode with the ammo mechanic, however.

oozo, can you tell me a bit more about vanguard mechanic.

I see yo uuse plaso/incendairy ammo...

but u cannot use guard while using that.

Seeing as one of vanguards really nice point is their ability to tank damage for the healers etc.. how do you picture using guard? / ion ammo

Sorry but this video and you are, bad... Macro that spam all buttons over and over again? Really? Any half decent player not using macros will kill you cause he can adapt. I wonder why people ask for "mechanics" and stuff from ppl that just spam all buttons on the keyboard lol.

Edit: Oh, and happy christmas ;)

Edited by Ishkur

Sorry but this video and you are, bad... Macro that spam all buttons over and over again? Really? Any half decent player not using macros will kill you cause he can adapt. I wonder why people ask for "mechanics" and stuff from ppl that just spam all buttons on the keyboard lol.

Edit: Oh, and happy christmas ;)

Great and useful comment. Flagged for useless ness.

At least when you call someone a baddy prove that you arent by offering solid advice.

Macro that spam all buttons over and over again?

What in the hell are you talking about? I'm not using any macros either in game or via keyboard or mouse in this movie. In my second movie, I bind the shift function to one of my side mouse buttons for convenience and opening up keybinds, but that is it beyond the standard basic setup.

My keyboard is vanilla, my mouse is a Logitech G5 with two side buttons. I'm not using anything extravagant.

Great and useful comment. Flagged for useless ness.

At least when you call someone a baddy prove that you arent by offering solid advice.

I don't think that guy realizes that the buttons shade out to indicate which abilities are on global cooldown. He must think it means I'm pressing all the buttons at once or have some kind of macro that presses all the buttons at once. :p

oozo, can you tell me a bit more about vanguard mechanic.

I see yo uuse plaso/incendairy ammo...

but u cannot use guard while using that.

Seeing as one of vanguards really nice point is their ability to tank damage for the healers etc.. how do you picture using guard? / ion ammo

Hello, don't think just because you are a Vanguard you are fixed into tanking. The same way that a Shadow is not fixed into being DPS but can also play as a tank. This game has built in options.

In the case of a Vanguard you can either choose to go with a tank, a pure DPS build, or a hybrid. I have gone with a pure DPS build.

When playing with friends as a team, I let the pure tanks do the guarding. I'm there to hurt people.

Nice vid, obviously an experienced PvP'er.

As for the macro accusation, personally I have no time for macroers and as you've said you aren't using them kudos to you sir. As for the guy who levelled that accusation at you all I can say is:

"You do know there are keyboard shortcuts right, or are you a mouse clicker?"

I don't have a trooper of either flavour (shadow and scoundrel) but having watched your vid I am thinking about a Vanguard for a change of armour if nothing else.

As for the guy who levelled that accusation at you all I can say is:

"You do know there are keyboard shortcuts right, or are you a mouse clicker?"

Ah, that makes more sense. I have to admit I was a bit confused, thanks for clearing that mystery up for me. I didn't even consider there were people still around who didn't know what binds looked like. ;)

Edited by Raggok

Exaclty how is this 10-19 pvp? there are no brackets, bud

Lack of research, i think

My original reply to this was deleted and I was given a warning for being "disrespectful"

So, here is my new and improved polite and respectful reply.

Hello good sir, the 10-19 is a reference to my level in the movie.

I'm sure many people, such as yourself, also thought it was a reference to a bracket. I mean, who wouldn't? I humbly apologize to you and those like you for my horribly misleading subtitle.

:):):):):D

edit: forgot to add smiley faces, again my deepest apologies

Edited by Raggok