[Looking for resrouce] Rifle database?

Acherom

Salutations Agents,

I have recently set down my former main's lightsaber; and picked up a blaster carbine. Thus far, I've been enjoying the transition very much. However; I have noticed something missing.

For my force user; resources and compilations of data for lightsabers (namely hilt designs and sounds they make) are common and easy to find. I can understand why; its a symbolically personal item that most folks want to have just right for their personal tastes. But where is the rifle database?

We can't 'preview' a gun's model in game before purchasing it; and we certainly can't 'test' the sound the gun will make when fired. (On that note; even the "view in 3D" button on torhead has been incorrect on three occasions that I've found.)

For instance: I picked up a scoped rifle that resembles the weapons from Mass Effect 1. Visually: I love it. Relativley compact; scope for the 'snipe' animation... but the sound! Uugh! Its the high-pitched 'tew! tew! tew!' sound. I couldn't stand it. Ended up blowing acomodations on different guns just to find something that didn't make me want to grind my teeth each time it was fired.

Then, I took a gamble: and picked up the E-313 , it was of course statted for Aim; but a quick parts-swap took care of that.

The anesthetics are great (if not a little large), and the sound is a very satisfying low-pitch, almost bullet~esque sound.

So my question is: does anyone know of a compilation of data, a more accurate site then torhead, or any kind of way to test out a large number of different rifles other then purchasing them as I go?