Lightning, Lightning, and more Lightning!

IIZeroII

I'm not one to complain much about anything. I have make an exception on this one. The inquisitor lightning is just ridiculous. It is way over powered in game after game the lightning strike is just plain devastating. The worst parts are two unbelievable advantages. The lightning follows the player all over and the distance is insane. Stun, strike, stun that slows you down and sucks your life away so fast you can't even enjoy the game. Most classes have to remain in a single area for effect and the damage of other classes don't even come close. Plus the cool down is very short. After all the nerfing I thought for sure the lightning would become balanced. There is a few over powered moves across toons, but this one takes the cake. Light armored characters shouldn't have so much damage and be hard to kill to boot. If you agree follow this thread and add your agreements or disagreements. I am not afraid of being wrong. If you have a case for this, add it. I'm all ears. I for one believe it needs to be nerfed. :eek:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know that an opinion is an opinion and the whole idea that no one better say anything is farce. It is an honest assessment from what I have seen. I pay, so I want to enjoy the game. What's the point if only certain classes have all the fun?

You know that an opinion is an opinion and the whole idea that no one better say anything is farce. It is an honest assessment from what I have seen. I pay, so I want to enjoy the game. What's the point if only certain classes have all the fun?

Theres a big difference between constructive feedback and qq. Unfortunately what your post is, in my opinion, is qq. There are many ways to counter force lightning, the most effective being using an interrupt, which every AC but one has. Your problem js a l2p issue, not a balance issue

Of course your opinion is that it's qq. The interrupt is useless if the lightning cool down is so fast. You interrupt then they just stun you again. I watch player after player trying to take down these sorcerers and it is ridiculous. You don't have much input, you are part of the qq enforcers. Making sure you call everyone qq because you want to make people mad and you just enjoy pushing buttons. There are plenty of toons I could complain about, but I know there is a counter out there that I can find. Lightning is a row of buttons that can keep the damage coming unless more than one player hits them. For example, look at commandos, horrible! The survivability of a commando is terrible. So pull out the qq card all you want. I'm looking for answers, not frivolous nonsense about qq. :rolleyes:

Parsed combat log with documented cases of lightning DPS, class info on you and the opponent, and gear info or I don't care about your opinion. Anyone can make a broad, unsupported statement, but it isn't defensible until you provide concrete evidence of your point.

Of course your opinion is that it's qq. The interrupt is useless if the lightning cool down is so fast. You interrupt then they just stun you again. I watch player after player trying to take down these sorcerers and it is ridiculous. You don't have much input, you are part of the qq enforcers. Making sure you call everyone qq because you want to make people mad and you just enjoy pushing buttons. There are plenty of toons I could complain about, but I know there is a counter out there that I can find. Lightning is a row of buttons that can keep the damage coming unless more than one player hits them. For example, look at commandos, horrible! The survivability of a commando is terrible. So pull out the qq card all you want. I'm looking for answers, not frivolous nonsense about qq. :rolleyes:

I have never seen a sorc survive well in a 1v1 that they didn't initiate.

I know this is hard, but allow me to explain further;

Sorcerors, Snipers, and Mercenaries are ranged classes. This means they are most effective when they are able to initiate combat at max range. The longer they keep you at max range the better they'll do, and there is no worse decision you can make against a ranged class than trying to run away when you're in the mid-range for them (10-20meters). Why? because then, as a melee class, you're not fighting back and simply eating damage while they chase you once you hit the edge of range. You should be using CC, gap closers to mitigate this advantage. Once you're in close range, there is not a single melee class in the game, save post-opener operatives, who cannot outdamage a sorceror pound for pound when played properly as a DPS spec.

Wow... None of that made any sense... You do realize interrupts put the spell on cooldown right? In addition to interrupts there are knockbacks, using line of sight, using your own stuns. What are you doing.. Just standing there and letting them shock you to death? I play a mercenary and have no problems at all with sorcs. It seems to me you would rather sit and complain instead of trying to get better. Why dont you try playing a sorc to figure out how to beat them instead of filling the forums with your cry baby drivel.

Parsed combat log with documented cases of lightning DPS, class info on you and the opponent, and gear info or I don't care about your opinion. Anyone can make a broad, unsupported statement, but it isn't defensible until you provide concrete evidence of your point.

Concrete evidence, are you kidding? It's like no one has any input, just more nonsense. I play multiple classes and multiple levels. I have asked players during pvp if they think the same, many do. Why can't anyone just post ideas? Do you think I can keep a record while I'm playing, come on! This isn't CSI, I express an opinion, openly ask for input, and I get blah, blah, blah. :rolleyes:

Wow... None of that made any sense... You do realize interrupts put the spell on cooldown right? In addition to interrupts there are knockbacks, using line of sight, using your own stuns. What are you doing.. Just standing there and letting them shock you to death? I play a mercenary and have no problems at all with sorcs. It seems to me you would rather sit and complain instead of trying to get better. Why dont you try playing a sorc to figure out how to beat them instead of filling the forums with your cry baby drivel.

Now that is a good qq. What doesn't make sense is I tell you that after interrupt they stun and that the cool down is short and your still in qq land. I think you just like the qq thing. You troll the forums looking for the qq of the day. More insults, no answers, just you talking about how easy it is for you. I think your just full of crap. I will now just over look you from now on. Thank you for making me laugh :D

Now that is a good qq. What doesn't make sense is I tell you that after interrupt they stun and that the cool down is short and your still in qq land. I think you just like the qq thing. You troll the forums looking for the qq of the day. More insults, no answers, just you talking about how easy it is for you. I think your just full of crap. I will now just over look you from now on. Thank you for making me laugh :D

Lol no answers? Did you miss the part where I gave alternatives to interrupts? like knockbacks, using line of sight, etc. If they stun you use your stun break... Then stun them back. Its very obvious you arent looking for any other input besides that which agrees with you. There are plenty of ways to counter sorcs, many of which ive given in this thread. You are simply intent on ignoring any advice and crying when people dont agree. If you want to be a baddie who refuses to take advice, thats your perrogative, but dont pretend like no one has given you ways to counter sorcs

Sorcerors, Snipers, and Mercenaries are ranged classes. This means they are most effective when they are able to initiate combat at max range. The longer they keep you at max range the better they'll do, and there is no worse decision you can make against a ranged class than trying to run away when you're in the mid-range for them (10-20meters). Why? because then, as a melee class, you're not fighting back and simply eating damage while they chase you once you hit the edge of range. You should be using CC, gap closers to mitigate this advantage. Once you're in close range, there is not a single melee class in the game, save post-opener operatives, who cannot outdamage a sorceror pound for pound when played properly as a DPS spec.

Finally some input. I am a sage and I bubble and I try to cc but the bubble is not stopping the damage. The push back is rough. So I finally get the interrupt in, but it is quickly followed by a stun. Here is where it gets tough, the stun doesn't release when the lightning hits again. I am stunned and taking heavy damage. By the time I get to push back the damage is done and it is enormous. They have lined up there action keys in a way that renders my interrupts harmless. This is where it gets frustrating. When the lightning hits multiple things are happening. Push back, slowdown, and an obscene amount of damage. Is your honest opinion that the lightning is not over powered? Because if enough people give CONSTRUCTIVE thoughts on the matter I will look at other options. I'm just at a loss of how to counter this.

Lol no answers? Did you miss the part where I gave alternatives to interrupts? like knockbacks, using line of sight, etc. If they stun you use your stun break... Then stun them back. Its very obvious you arent looking for any other input besides that which agrees with you. There are plenty of ways to counter sorcs, many of which ive given in this thread. You are simply intent on ignoring any advice and crying when people dont agree. If you want to be a baddie who refuses to take advice, thats your perrogative, but dont pretend like no one has given you ways to counter sorcs

Knock back doesn't knocked them back far enough. I am willing to drop the whole back and force, but I need some ideas, not beat downs. Tell me what you think and keep it cordial and I'm down for any input you may have. :cool:

Theres a big difference between constructive feedback and qq. Unfortunately what your post is, in my opinion, is qq. There are many ways to counter force lightning, the most effective being using an interrupt, which every AC but one has. Your problem js a l2p issue, not a balance issue

Both this posts basically say "L2P".

Now the difference is nr 2 gives an obvious answer that doesn't solve anything in itself. So yes, I've interrupted him, now what?

The first post however, says L2P. Here's what you should do, and why.

I wonder which one would be most effective.

There should be a rule on the forum: no L2P allowed without clear and usefull suggestions following them.

In all honesty though, post nr 2 does have good advice. It would just have been better if there was some more.

Edited by Igaduma

Both this posts basically say "L2P".

Now the difference is nr 2 gives an obvious answer that doesn't solve anything in itself. So yes, I've interrupted him, now what?

The first post however, says L2P. Here's what you should do, and why.

I wonder which one would be most effective.

There should be a rule on the forum: no L2P allowed without clear and usefull suggestions following them.

In all honesty though, post nr 2 does have good advice. It would just have been better if there was some more.

Agreed.

As a Sorcerer I have issue with any channeled or damage over time ability that applies a snare every tick. FL snare should be applied only on the first tick and if an ability that removes that snare is used the snare should be removed for the duration of that cast.

Same applies for Rupture and Pyro DoT snare.

Another mechanic which might be a bug is if the first tick of FL crits the other 3 also crit. Intended?

As a Sorcerer I have issue with any channeled or damage over time ability that applies a snare every tick. FL snare should be applied only on the first tick and if an ability that removes that snare is used the snare should be removed for the duration of that cast.

Same applies for Rupture and Pyro DoT snare.

Another mechanic which might be a bug is if the first tick of FL crits the other 3 also crit. Intended?

It is too much at one time. It is actually like being tied down while taking a beating. This is not my imagination. I died and waited just too see what others are doing. The lightning strike usually comes from behind multiple enemies. I try to move passed them, but the distance makes it almost impossible. I watched player after player trying to fight passed other players while getting hit hard by lightning. All they have to do is keep their distance and it's all good. Someone needs to stealth and catch them from behind, but there are not always stealthies around.