elder scrolls online vs swtor

river

SO frikin what? They launched in the US with features that players want included from the start.

SWTOR is 6months old now and has 0/3.

Those are the facts, all Im saying.

Except a good story and decent game engine. I played it the other day and I wont be going back. All the bad reviews it has been getting are bob on.

Terra would have been good back in the 90's.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57427357-1/the-elder-scrolls-online-barges-in-next-year/

next year this game is set for launch and i think given TOR's cureent condition i am very excited and i feel its a godsend. TOR isnt doing it for me, i was hoping to explore the planets maybe even live on them, hunt gather craft build communities, interact with npc and creatures and watch them interact with one another. the worlds feel dead and static, endgame is generic and space combat is a single player minigame../ so yeah elderscrolls will have to do and at least i have something new to look forward to :)

so enjoy grinding for tokens that get you vendor gear while rolling alts... but i have my eyes set on the horizon for a game that will go out of its way to knock my socks off...

it was a great story to 50 the first and second time around but everything else is dull and drab imo

may the 4th be with you :):wea_03:

I sense that you will be disappointed in that game aswell...

This is so predictable. Now I'm a Bethesda fan, but people are building up their expectations AGAIN for a game. They're projecting their fantasies of what this game will be, but when it launches, it will never be what they dreamed about.

They'll then go crying to the forums, believing Bethesda mortally wronged them, when in fact the problem lies with that particular player who's set expectations too high.

hmm...sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Edited by Cerion

Elder Scrolls online is just a brand right now, it's being made by "ZeniMax Online Studios", not Bethesda. Interestingly enough the founder of ZeniMax Online Studios happens to be the founder of Mythic.

For all we know it can turn out to be a 3rd person fantasy RPG just like most of the other MMORPGs in the world. SWTOR is at least Star Wars. However if the game turns out to have a strong and genuine Elder Scroll feel to it (not just the name), I will be interested.

This is so predictable. Now I'm a Bethesda fan, but people are building up their expectations AGAIN for a game. They're projecting their fantasies of what this game will be, but when it launches, it will never be what they dreamed about.

They'll then go crying to the forums, believing Bethesda mortally wronged them, when in fact the problem lies with that particular player who's set expectations too high.

There is a huge difference. BioWare made KOTORs and SWTOR. Bethesda made TES series, but this MMO isn't being made by Bethesda, it's made by someone else.

Edited by GhoXen

yeah, sounds like pretty much every mmo released during the last 10 years. (though most people won't know this since they started playing with 'that game which shall not be named')

Why is it that everyone in this thread thinks Bethesda is making Elder Scrolls online?

There isn't any information that Bethesda will even get involved!

What’s still unknown is how much input Bethesda Game Studios will have on the title. ZeniMax Online Studios has been working on The Elder Scrolls Online for at least a sizable chunk of the past five years.
Edited by GhoXen

More MMOs the better, competition is a good thing.

However, making an MMO is much harder than a normal single player RPG.

Irrelevant, since Bethesda was making Skyrim while this MMO was being made by another studio.

There is a huge difference. BioWare made KOTORs and SWTOR. Bethesda made TES series, but this MMO isn't being made by Bethesda, it's made by someone else.

Not a huge enough difference to matter. If you want to get technical, BioWare Austin made SWTOR, not thee BioWare. The BioWare Austin team is BioWare Online, and comprised of a totally different team of developers than the BioWare of Canada.

The only difference is that Bethesda was clever enough to protect its brand name by not associated it with Elder Scrolls Online.

Regardless, my point still stands. People are going to have ridiculous expectations and fantasies about how this game will play when launched...when those delusions are shattered, they'll rage on the forums and not even have the wisdom to realize it was their own damn fault for having too high expectations.

Edited by Cerion

Irrelevant, since Bethesda was making Skyrim while this MMO was being made by another studio.

You do know that Bethesda and ZeniMax are part of the same company?

Also, all I said was it's harder to make an MMO than a single player game... I didn't even mention what division of the company was making the game.

The poster above me gets it.

Edited by Tekkoclarky

No it will be Elder Scrolls imagery wrapped in a **** MMO shell...want to know why?

"The Elder Scrolls Online is not our next project, its a ZeniMax Online Studios game," said a Bethesda Softworks rep on Twitter. Zenimax is Bethesda Softworks' parent company.

Check the bottom of the video link.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1371307-poll-how-do-you-feel-about-the-announcement/

Edited by Valhalyn

No it will be Elder Scrolls imagery wrapped in a **** MMO shell...want to know why?

"The Elder Scrolls Online is not our next project, its a ZeniMax Online Studios game," said a Bethesda Softworks rep on Twitter. Zenimax is Bethesda Softworks' parent company.

Check the bottom of the video link.

I'd be willing to bet you're closer to the mark than the others fantasizing how this will be an actual Skyrim online.

Edited by Cerion

You do know that Bethesda and ZeniMax are part of the same company?

Also, all I said was it's harder to make an MMO than a single player game... I didn't even mention what division of the company was making the game.

The poster above me gets it.

Bethesda to ZeniMax is the same as BioWare to EA. The fact that Bethesda was spending time making Skyrim while this other studio makes Elder Scrolls MMO should be telling.

Bethesda to ZeniMax is the same as BioWare to EA. The fact that Bethesda was spending time making Skyrim while this other studio makes Elder Scrolls MMO should be telling.

And the fact that BioWare was making Dragon Age while BioWare Austin was making SWTOR should be equally telling.

BioWare used its name across two companies. Bethesda has not.

Bethesda = BioWare Canada. Zenimax Online = BioWare Austin (BioWare Online); Zenimax = EA.

Hope that clarifies things for you.

Edited by Cerion

Doesn't matter, the guys that brought us TES: Morrowind, TES: Oblivion, and TES: Skyrim are not working on this...go ahead and read the gameinformer interview....you'll see I was correct in my statement.

Elder Scrolls graphics and lore, WoW Mechanics. It's just another run of the mill MMO...dont get excited, or at least til it's Beta comes out before you say its the TOR killer, GW2 and Tera are already being chalked up as terrible...and way too many bandwagoners jumped aboard to scream OMG THEY ARE GOING TO BE BETTER, just to be sorely dissapointed...and just because I can... I told you so.

Bazinga:wea_03:

I may check it out since all my damnable friends have either jumped ship off SWTOR because of real life - bored - or god knows whatever bs reason...Hopefully Diablo 3 can keep me entertained...no reason to play an mmo like this by myself..

That elder scrolls will just be a new AOC, highend graphics but with an instance system - there is no other way of opening an MMO to the wide puplic - not everyone has high end pc´s.

You will also have quest´s there which let you kill wolfs, rat´s etc. You will also have people that rush to max lvl and then complain etc.

I doubt that any game coming next is able to beat vanilla and tbc wow. Those were together with Ultima the best of the best and everything after, including wotlk or Cata just did not so good.

For me Tor does offer something nice while you lvl the chars up and if they can fix the endgame (where wow vanilla was awesome) then its sure a nice game, but the open door for addons will sooner or later kill it I think.

SO frikin what? They launched in the US with features that players want included from the start.

SWTOR is 6months old now and has 0/3.

Those are the facts, all Im saying.

You can't compare Tera to TOR.

Officially, Tera is 1 year old, whereas TOR is only about 4 months old.

Just because Tera "launched" in the States on May 1st with all those things doesn't mean they were in on the Official Launch Day (In Korean)

That elder scrolls will just be a new AOC, highend graphics but with an instance system - there is no other way of opening an MMO to the wide puplic - not everyone has high end pc´s.

You will also have quest´s there which let you kill wolfs, rat´s etc. You will also have people that rush to max lvl and then complain etc.

I doubt that any game coming next is able to beat vanilla and tbc wow. Those were together with Ultima the best of the best and everything after, including wotlk or Cata just did not so good.

For me Tor does offer something nice while you lvl the chars up and if they can fix the endgame (where wow vanilla was awesome) then its sure a nice game, but the open door for addons will sooner or later kill it I think.

granted I've never played WoW, but is 'vanilla WoW' really the best the MMO range had to offer? was it really .better. than the games I mainly played? (FFXI and later on LOTRO)

I'd be careful calling a game 'better' if what you really mean is 'higher subscription numbers'. the 'best' game for me was actually The Chronicles of Spellborn, and now please everyone who has even heard of that game raise your hands...

Edited by amnie

You can't compare Tera to TOR.

Officially, Tera is 1 year old, whereas TOR is only about 4 months old.

Just because Tera "launched" in the States on May 1st with all those things doesn't mean they were in on the Official Launch Day (In Korean)

and it's not like TOR would need a dungeon finder if they didn't have way too many open servers. ask people on servers like the fatman if they have trouble finding groups...

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57427357-1/the-elder-scrolls-online-barges-in-next-year/

next year this game is set for launch and i think given TOR's cureent condition i am very excited and i feel its a godsend. TOR isnt doing it for me, i was hoping to explore the planets maybe even live on them, hunt gather craft build communities, interact with npc and creatures and watch them interact with one another. the worlds feel dead and static, endgame is generic and space combat is a single player minigame../ so yeah elderscrolls will have to do and at least i have something new to look forward to :)

so enjoy grinding for tokens that get you vendor gear while rolling alts... but i have my eyes set on the horizon for a game that will go out of its way to knock my socks off...

it was a great story to 50 the first and second time around but everything else is dull and drab imo

may the 4th be with you :):wea_03:

ummm...nothing has been released about what is in the elder scrolls mmo? you are basing your assumptions just off the title?

i got a bridge i want to sell to you, you interested?