elder scrolls online vs swtor

river

Tell me about it...

I'm a big fan of the ES series, but I'd talk bout the MMO on the ES board.

I really wish that, at this point, the mods would just wipe the General boards. I swear there is some kind of concerted effort, to demoralize, the players of this game.

That's pretty much the point of any and all General Chats in gaming community forums. To spread discord and harp on people who have the gall to like things.

If you hate on things, you're a hater...

If you enjoy things, you're a faboi.

There's no middle ground.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice to have something to look forward to. The game series seems to be well-liked by the single-player community, just like the predecessors to WoW and SWTOR were.

Hopefully the game developers come up with story and mechanics that set the MMO world on fire.

It is too far into the future for me to get excited about. Hopefully the developers will look at what features are in the most successful MMO's today and have them in thier MMO at launch. Not month's later. :p

I like The offline Elder Scrolls games a lot, but those are made by Bethesda. This online game will be done by Zenimax Online Studios - so unless the reviews and player feedback is good, its just another licence like Warhammer done by a studio that hasnt done the originals - wich usualy translates in to a mediocre game.

P.S. oh, and btw, I didnt like Dark Age of Camelot.

Edited by Pompeia

Unless they come up with something new for MMOs, SWTOR doesn't have anything to worry about when it comes to this game. With the information they gave about it in the article it sounds like another theme park fantasy MMO. Taking out the good things that made Elder Scrolls exciting to play are gone, (no player housing, need to level before exploring areas) works in SWTORs favor.

I like The offline Elder Scrolls games a lot, but those are made by Bethesda. This online game will be done by Zenimax Online Studios - so unless the reviews and player feedback is good, its just another licence like Warhammer done by a studio that hasnt done the originals - wich usualy translates in to a mediocre game.

great point, but if The Elder Scrolls Online will combine the series’ already massive exploration dynamic with the social angle of an MMO properly, it may be a good mmo. back drop is improtant but the next most important thing is are you able to explore get lost and interact with the environments and npcs like you can in a single player ES game if so then there is a good chance ill purchase the game.

great point, but if The Elder Scrolls Online will combine the series’ already massive exploration dynamic with the social angle of an MMO properly, it may be a good mmo. back drop is improtant but the next most important thing is are you able to explore get lost and interact with the environments and npcs like you can in a single player ES game if so then there is a good chance ill purchase the game.

Except they've said that none of these things are happening. It's truly WoW set in Elder Scrolls universe. Oh, and you can't go into the higher leveled areas unless you are that level, so exploration is out.

It's a crying shame. :(

It's ok though as long as no one buys it. They will get the picture no one wants a wow clone they want something new.

We don't need our hands held as if were stupid children needing to be watched over.

Once they find that they can't even make the number skyrim made than it will finally click and hopefully go out to the rest of the companies no more wow clones.

One of the most important thing I love about the TES is not the sandbox, free class or whatever, it's the solo feature. I can do anything I want, use a basket on the head of a vendor to steal his stuff, go rampage inside a town just for lol, fus-ro-dha a bunch of people from a cliff, and play with the console to spawn 50dragons in the middle of the biggest town around. Side with a faction, do all the quests, load game and choose the other one. Just to see the differences. Tweaking the face of my character after 10h played, just because I want it. Or finally, show a friend a very funny quest/bug/tweak I did the last day. I can't do that in an online game for obvious reasons.

Sandbox mean anything I want. And not be restricted by some multiplayer. TES were amongst the last game I was allowed to do that.

If I want a TES online ? Hell no. Even if it will be a good game (which I doubt honestly), it will not be a TES anymore. Just like SWTOR is not KOTOR anymore. Doesn't mean it's a bad game, I'm just missing KOTOR3, the solo game.

This is probably the most disappointing MMO announcement in the history of the industry. This game in no way resembles The Elder Scrolls, it's not even being designed by the same team. What a waste of time and money. This could have been the sandbox MMO the genre needs...nope.

The game seems to be catering to one specific audience: former Dark Age of Camelot RvR players...because that worked so well for Warhammer? Fools. I'll stick with SWTOR even if it is just for the story aspect...seriously I hope ES:O tanks hard just on principle.

Edited by Korusus

You cry again? the game is not even luanched and you started flaming again?

what are we going to do with you guys?

Like it or not, it is fact (and this time based on numbers) wow is the most successful mmo ever...

so what other games should do, is ofc NOT to copy it, but get some stuff that wow introduced, and add others to differentiate their game...

i hope ES will do that, so we will finally be able to enjoy our gaming time...

oh and do it, from the launch date, not 6 months after

Correct it didnt launch yesterday. It LAUNCHED on 5/1 in North America with LFG, SERVER TRANSFERS, and CUSTOM UI like how SWTOR DIDNT...OH WAIT, and STILL doesnt have ANY of them 6+ months later.

What the poster is saying you are quoting and not understanding is that Tera has been out for 14+ months, so yes, it has some polished stuff in it. It is not a brand new, just launched game on the 1st ... Hope this helps ...

This is probably the most disappointing MMO announcement in the history of the industry. This game in no way resembles The Elder Scrolls, it's not even being designed by the same team. What a waste of time and money. This could have been the sandbox MMO the genre needs...nope.

The game seems to be catering to one specific audience: former Dark Age of Camelot RvR players...because that worked so well for Warhammer? Fools. I'll stick with SWTOR even if it is just for the story aspect...seriously I hope ES:O tanks hard just on principle.

Warhammer Online didn't cater completely to DAOC players, otherwise 3 factions would of existed.

Regardless, People crying about Sandbox MMO's need to actually buy Sandbox MMO's if ya want to actually have them made.

There has been countless Sandboxes released, and every time, you have people coming up with excuses on why they won't play those games.

In fact, go play Fallen Earth Online if ya want a Sand box, it's really close to the Fallout series so it'll be like a Bethesda game.

Oh wait, you're currently playing a themepark MMO, and you wonder why you don't get a Sandbox.

Also, if ya don't understand why ES single player makes an awful MMO, i don't know what to tell ya.

Edited by Xsorus

Hello Everybody!

Just dropping by to leave a gentle reminder that discussions need to be around Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and not be off topic. Comparing and contrasting games is fine but just discussing another game, like the above Tera discussion, is considered off topic.

:ph_use_the_force: and avoid any blasters to the knee!

So you come in, tell people to talk only about SWTOR and yet you use a quote from Skyrim... how interesting, tell me more please.

Warhammer Online didn't cater completely to DAOC players, otherwise 3 factions would of existed.

Regardless, People crying about Sandbox MMO's need to actually buy Sandbox MMO's if ya want to actually have them made.

There has been countless Sandboxes released, and every time, you have people coming up with excuses on why they won't play those games.

In fact, go play Fallen Earth Online if ya want a Sand box, it's really close to the Fallout series so it'll be like a Bethesda game.

Oh wait, you're currently playing a themepark MMO, and you wonder why you don't get a Sandbox.

Also, if ya don't understand why ES single player makes an awful MMO, i don't know what to tell ya.

1) Warhammer was developed by Mythic, same company that developed DAoC, RvR was a selling point, never said anything about number of factions

2) I'm glad SW:TOR is themepark, that's the only way BioWare could have done it and it works for this game. I got exactly what I wanted from BioWare, a traditional MMO with a focus on story. Done deal.

3) I don't want a sandbox MMO, I just think The Elder Scrolls: Online could have and probably should have gone with a more sandbox style because if anyone could do it, they could. Otherwise it's just another boring, meaningless generic fantasy MMO. The Elder Scrolls is already generic fantasy, the only thing that made it unique was the free-roam sandbox nature of the single-player experience. After reading the Gameinformer article, ES:O will be bringing literally nothing new to the MMO table and won't even be trying to appeal to the single-player fans of that style game. Seriously, who is this game being made for?