elder scrolls online vs swtor

river

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57427357-1/the-elder-scrolls-online-barges-in-next-year/

next year this game is set for launch and i think given TOR's cureent condition i am very excited and i feel its a godsend. TOR isnt doing it for me, i was hoping to explore the planets maybe even live on them, hunt gather craft build communities, interact with npc and creatures and watch them interact with one another. the worlds feel dead and static, endgame is generic and space combat is a single player minigame../ so yeah elderscrolls will have to do and at least i have something new to look forward to :)

so enjoy grinding for tokens that get you vendor gear while rolling alts... but i have my eyes set on the horizon for a game that will go out of its way to knock my socks off...

it was a great story to 50 the first and second time around but everything else is dull and drab imo

may the 4th be with you :):wea_03:

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57427357-1/the-elder-scrolls-online-barges-in-next-year/

next year this game is set for launch and i think given TOR's cureent condition i am very excited and i feel its a godsend. TOR isnt doing it for me, i was hoping to explore the planets maybe even live on them, hunt gather craft build communities, interact with npc and creatures and watch them interact with one another. the worlds feel dead and static, endgame is generic and space combat is a single player minigame../ so yeah elderscrolls will have to do and at least i have something new to look forward to :)

so enjoy grinding for tokens that get you vendor gear while rolling alts... but i have my eyes set on the horizon for a game that will go out of its way to knock my socks off...

it was a great story to 50 the first and second time around but everything else is dull and drab imo

may the 4th be with you :):wea_03:

So you determined that the game will not have any of these things and be the best MMO ever just based off the title? That seems like a good approach...

I am just curious to see if they start with a LFG system, customizable UI and are prepared for server transfers from the get go.

Just having those things ahead of time would suggest their designers have learned from other games...unlike..well.

yea a huge chunk of the elder scrolls playerbase are console players. Now.... if they were to make a pc/console mmo that shared the same servers I think they would have tons of players. But I don't think they even have console plans do they?

So you determined that the game will not have any of these things and be the best MMO ever just based off the title? That seems like a good approach...

i have something to look forward to, whcih is good enough for me at this point because as of now the mmo scene is not doing it for me at all . if their mmo is anything like skyrim, then i have nothing to worry about.

....DAMNIT! I won't be able to play at all, I already played ES 3,4 and 5 on console. I can't just switch over at the drop of a hat. <<....Plus I can't pay for two games*sigh*oh well...thats life.

i wont pay for a game that isnt entertaining me

I am just curious to see if they start with a LFG system, customizable UI and are prepared for server transfers from the get go.

Just having those things ahead of time would suggest their designers have learned from other games...unlike..well.

Tera launched with all those 3 days ago.

i have something to look forward to, whcih is good enough for me at this point because as of now the mmo scene is not doing it for me at all . if their mmo is anything like skyrim, then i have nothing to worry about.

Funny, because I bet most of the people QQing on here probably said a couple years ago, "If SWTOR is anything like KOTOR, then I have nothing to worry about"

Funny, because I bet most of the people QQing on here probably said a couple years ago, "If SWTOR is anything like KOTOR, then I have nothing to worry about"

i said the opposite, i was hoping it would be an openended themepark mmo, and not as confined and linear as KOTOR was :)

TERA didn't "launch" yesterday. It had its North America launch. It's been running in Korea for well over a year.

Correct it didnt launch yesterday. It LAUNCHED on 5/1 in North America with LFG, SERVER TRANSFERS, and CUSTOM UI like how SWTOR DIDNT...OH WAIT, and STILL doesnt have ANY of them 6+ months later.

Edited by Ushela

by the time this mmo comes out swtor will have a lot of new things.... there's something to think about :)

i wish this game all the best, but until it adds features that will engage me i wont resub, and at least i have another mmo i can look out for cause the current ones in the market arnt my thing

This is a sad day for me. I always wished that the Elder Scrolls games would stay a single rpg serie. The world needs more exceptional single rpg games, not less. :jawa_frown:

Also, no more fantasy mmos for me, no more... I just can't stand them anymore.

To be honest I love the TES series to bits, but to be totally honest I wouldn't rush out and pre order it. Bethesda are a great game company but they have this trend of releasing half finished software then finishing it 6 months or more later.

I know they'll deliver the goods... Eventually. But, as with this game it comes down to how long it takes to sort major bugs out. A lot of gamers in todays market, myself included, don't have the paientence to wait around for fixes, there's too many other games either on, or just over the horizon.

As I've stated, going on Bethesda's track record, they're sure to deliver the goods, but I for one won't be an early subscriber.

Tera is also an americanized version of a korean game. Not a new game.

SO frikin what? They launched in the US with features that players want included from the start.

SWTOR is 6months old now and has 0/3.

Those are the facts, all Im saying.

yea a huge chunk of the elder scrolls playerbase are console players. Now.... if they were to make a pc/console mmo that shared the same servers I think they would have tons of players. But I don't think they even have console plans do they?

Good point here.

LOL yeah that's what I was saying at first too. Then I got to play the game...and...well...I was really, really wrong :p

This is a sad day for me. I always wished that the Elder Scrolls games would stay a single rpg serie. The world needs more exceptional single rpg games, not less. :jawa_frown:

Also, no more fantasy mmos for me, no more... I just can't stand them anymore.

i know where you are coming from but i always felt that the one thing missing in a skyrim world, was that it wasnt an mmo. the world is a perfect mix between themepark and sandbox elements, from the great main quest storyline to all the side quests and professions and relatiion ships and building strong holds..., imo its the prefect recipe for a great mmo

Really?

Are we really doing this now?

Why is it such a bad thing to like SW:TOR?

if i didnt like the game i wouldnt be posting this , i want bioware to add sandbo features and make the worlds inviting and in teractive , but if they dont do that for me i will have to find the developers that will :)

if bioware ever makes changes that i find enticing then i will be here with bells on , but as of now the game isnt doing it for me :(

I just heard of this MMO, an im extremely excited! I have always injoyed TES, they have been working on this MMO for several years. Which is good news considering the amount of work MMO's need. I really injoy SWTOR, an i wont stop playing, as im a huge star wars fan. I even read the books, so this game is special to me. But i play on a small server, an i have had leveling issues. Sometimes no one wants to join for heroics, an i find myself having issues leveling. The guild im in has no structure either. Thats the bigest complait i have so far.

To be honest I love the TES series to bits, but to be totally honest I wouldn't rush out and pre order it. Bethesda are a great game company but they have this trend of releasing half finished software then finishing it 6 months or more later.

I know they'll deliver the goods... Eventually. But, as with this game it comes down to how long it takes to sort major bugs out. A lot of gamers in todays market, myself included, don't have the paientence to wait around for fixes, there's too many other games either on, or just over the horizon.

As I've stated, going on Bethesda's track record, they're sure to deliver the goods, but I for one won't be an early subscriber.

If you had read the linked article in the OP or read about this anywhere you would know this isn't being handled by Bethesda at all its being handled by Zenimax Online a part of the Company(Zenimax) that owns bethesda.