Need some advice on Stims

DeevBach

Wanted to get some advice on which Stims to use. My Vanguard is a pure Shield Spec Tank, and I have either Aim and Power, or Endurance and Defense to choose from. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Really depends on the content you're working on and your role in the group.

When our raid group was working on EV/KP I started out as an off-tank so I ran hybrid shield/tactics with an Aim/Power stim to increase the dps I added to the group. Eventually as I geared up I became the main tank while our Shadow switched to more of a dps and off-tank role. At this point I started using the Endurance/Defense stim. Eventually once we as a group over-geared the operations I switched back to using an Aim stim to make things go faster.

If you're in EC as a tank you should be running with an Endurance stim until your group has the whole place on farm. You should always be working on increasing your survivability first and foremost when your group is still in progression. This is doubly important if you don't have a regular raid group and you do a lot of pugging. Your healers may not know what you personally are capable of so you always want to give them the most time to react that you can.

After that and/or when you have regular healers that you work well with, you can switch out as you see fit.

Endurance Stim while actually tanking.

Aim Stim for everything else, be it leveling, doing daily quests, doing content already on farm.

This, but if you're not having survivability issues you could switch to Aim for better damage/threat generation. Like stated in another post, comes down to content you're doing. New, difficult content, you're probably better off using Endurance stim

Endurance Stim while actually tanking.

Aim Stim for everything else, be it leveling, doing daily quests, doing content already on farm.

This, but if you're not having survivability issues you could switch to Aim for better damage/threat generation. Like stated in another post, comes down to content you're doing. New, difficult content, you're probably better off using Endurance stim

If your healer can keep you alive always use aim stims. 1500 extra HP should not make or break you but an extra 50 TPS is valuable both in beating enrages and holding threat. Honestly I never use endurance stims. If you're getting that low where an extra 1.5k HP lets you win the fight then you're undergeared or misgeared.

The game as it is right now is very tank forgiving. The only time I've died while main tanking is when the healers completely stopped healing me because the DPS in the raid was taking too much damage. Unless you're severely undergeared you won't need stims to improve your tanking at all.

Edited by dcgregorya

I actually disagree with you. There's no reason to ever use endurance stims except maybe the very very first Op you run when you're still in leveling blues.

QFT

Endurance stims will only net you 1-2k extra health, and Vanguards don't stack Defense...so it's basically a near useless stim to use.

Use aim stims. You will generate more threat due to higher DPS and help your group more by taking MOBs down just a little bit faster.