Sith Pureblood Masks Should Be Visible.

Thraze

This is total BS. Many of us had planned a certain look for our characters when starting. If you're giving up and saying it's supposed to work like this, at least let me change my race to human.

The character modeling in this game is HORRIBLE. No matter which race, it still has to have the human faces. Some aren't even scaled properly. Ever watched a cutscene with a male cyborg, body type 3? That is laughable. All of the cybernetics sink into his face.

BW does great story and immersion, but cutting corners like this time after time is really starting to say something. I remember the issue with the hoods not showing properly if up or down in Neverwinter Nights. Multiple dev posts said it was too complicated and couldn't be fixed without hurting other game aspects. Low and behold a few short weeks later FANS of the community made a mod that fixed your crappy code. Go look up the fans that fixed your shortcuts before and have them fix your "features"

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The masks were working throughout beta, they were working throughout the game til 1.2 . If I had known that the mask was not meant to be shown, though there was absolutely no suggestion throughout ALL THIS TIME, then I would not have rolled a Sith Pureblood. Now she's almost lvl 50 with months put in, and I have to reroll because of a "feature" they told no one about?

Really? This shouldn't even have to be in the suggestion forums in the first place. People constantly ask for more customization, and the solution is to restrict it further?

Edited by Anecdote

I whole heartedly support the struggle for head slot items.

:rak_03: <-- like this and this --> :cool:

Also, I posted a similar suggestion, which include all species. I know you Sith are all about Sith-Supremacy but i'd still reach out and ask you to unite with twi'leks and mirakula's everywhere for greater visual justice.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=452502

Edited by Trols

Technically, they have already denied the issue, by claiming it works as intended.

That said, we might hope this suggestion to make the models visible again will be considered by the devs...

As far as im aware, the only response has come from Customer Support people ingame.

No dev has stated one way or the other. If you could link with proof otherwise, that'd be great.

Until then, CS responses are mixed, some calling it a bug, some calling it working as intended.

Thats why we need a dev response to settle the issue.

Well, my question about this issue went ignored in this week's Q&A session but this thread must be kept alive as long as it takes to get a direct answer from devs.

Keep it on the first page if you want your mask back :mad:

Well, my question about this issue went ignored in this week's Q&A session but this thread must be kept alive as long as it takes to get a direct answer from devs.

I totally agree with you , pal. Let's keep this thread alive until we get an official response to this propble.

Come on, BW!!!! We played for many months without a problem our siths pureblood and their respirator masks.

Why did you have to make them disappear??!!!!

Point of interest.

The light armor chinguard looking masks that inquisitors wear do not disappear when worn by a sith pureblood despite blatant tendril clipping.

Also, some helmets like the Marauder's Foundry Hood have awful clipping. Tendrils, ears, even the top of your head clip through but it is still visible.

This leads me to believe that the rebreathers being taken away because of the clipping is false. Otherwise why would BW leave all the other helmets with clipping issues untouched? I'm still convinced this is NOT working as intended, but a bug.

Any comment BW?

Edited by Thraze

You'd think mods could take a minute and answer a simple question.

Makes me even more skeptical about this being a bug or working as intended, because either we're being ignored or they don't know themselves. Neither of which would reflect well on BW.

Hell, I'd rather them answer and say "We have no idea, lol" than just silence.

Edited by Thraze

I spoke with one of the CSR droids IG last night regarding my Miraluka's missing helm. At first they said it was a known bug, so I asked why it wasn't on the Known Issues list here on the forums. First they said it was on their internal list, then he started asking me about the clipping. I pointed out that, while I used to have clipping, now I didn't even get that because I couldn't show my helm at all. Then he asked what hat I was wearing, and what robes, and then he told me that this issue WASN'T on their internal list.

I'm not going to into the fact that, really, it should have already been on their list, since folks have been complaining about invisible helms since 1.2. That said, I recommend that everyone, every time they log in with the toon that's missing its hat, put in a bug report describing the problem, and also include the hat name and the upper torso item name. Maybe even include your body type. Also, make it a point (especially if you get a CSR to come chat with you) to ask why it's not on the Known Issues list in the Customer Service forum. Even if this is just a "temporary" fix, then it should be on that list.

I do really think this bug is such a big problem for Bioware that: either is really complex and big to solve it quickly (so they use excuses such as "working as intended"), or it doesn't affect the majority if the player population, so it isn't in the priority list.

Can you imagine what would happen if that nasty "legacy pet bug" wasn't patched immediately? What'd happen to the economy? (and even so, lots of players gained millions thanks to this bug!). How about the missing matrix cubes? Sure, it took 2 day to fix them, but can you imagine the response from the players to this answer: "we know about the missing matrix cubes. We are very aware of all the issues relating to this and are advising players to monitor the patch notes for any available updates. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic"......

I can't imagine the kind of mayhem if BW didn't fix that problem. Sadly, since not ALL the players have a sith pureblood character (I think maybe about 8%), there isn't any rush to fix this annoying problem.

Come on, guys! Let's keep this thread alive and in the front page so BW will hurry up and give us back our respirator helmets!

Edited by zorroazul

I do really think this bug is such a big problem for Bioware that: either is really complex and big to solve it quickly (so they use excuses such as "working as intended"), or it doesn't affect the majority if the player population, so it isn't in the priority list.

Can you imagine what would happen if that nasty "legacy pet bug" wasn't patched immediately? What'd happen to the economy? (and even so, lots of players gained millions thanks to this bug!). How about the missing matrix cubes? Sure, it took 2 day to fix them, but can you imagine the response from the players to this answer: "we know about the missing matrix cubes. We are very aware of all the issues relating to this and are advising players to monitor the patch notes for any available updates. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic"......

I can't imagine the kind of mayhem if BW didn't fix that problem. Sadly, since not ALL the players have a sith pureblood character (I think maybe about 8%), there isn't any rush to fix this annoying problem.

Come on, guys! Let's keep this thread alive and in the front page so BW will hurry up and give us back our respirator helmets!

Thing is, it's NOT just the Sith Purebloods that have this issue. Miralukas and Twileks have their own variation of the issue as well. There's reports of people clipping through helms that they weren't before 1.2, as well. I believe it's all a related issue.

If Bioware were to be honest, acknowledge that this was a bug, and put it on their Known Issues, I wouldn't be nearly as frustrated over it. This really is just a cosmetic issue. Stuff like the disappearing matrix cubes and the pet bug were game breaking problems, and they required priority. That's understandable, but Bioware needs to officially acknowledge this bug and put it on their Known Issues list.

Edited by Gianavel

Twi'leks have this weird sew-saw position: some helmets don't show on them (like the Pureblood bug) and some helmets lobotomize them (poorly designed helmets) - I'd report the severing of my Sorcerer's central nervous system, but I worry that Bioware would 'fix' the issue by permanently turning of Twi'leks helmets (rather than, say, protecting brain matter).

I must say this is getting frankly depressing :/ Bioware have shown that they couldn't care less about our missing helmets, and are inconsistently lying to their customers about the issue. Sad, really.

Frankly i lose more and more interest in those QandAs. They become ever more niche questions about minutae, and less about general ideas/issues.

It's not hard to answer a question like ours - at all. Wouldnt even take up much space.

I played a twilek in beta and was a bit disheartened by the lack of hood/helmet support. Now they're retroactively taking stuff away from my Sith Pureblood? I'm seriously asking myself questions about whether i want to pay a company that takes stuff -away- from me.

Well, if it's a solution to a bug (I've heard horror stories of truesith characters losing their hair), I can live with it, provided the situation is *temporary*.

Sure, I can understand that the facial tendrils clipping through the breathermask is annoying for some people, but they have the freedom to turn it off. Leave those who are not bothered by it free to keep the helmets showing on our characters.. As it is now, no Truesith can wear breather masks.

Completely agree!

Such cheap methods employed in the game to prevent clipping are quite scandalous! Although I may not have (at present) a character affected by this issue, all races should show all pieces of armour or weaponry rather than have the game automatically hide them.

/signed and supported