crafting orange pvp gear

doglawur

To get one augment slot, I had to craft 60 of one piece of gear. You cant really sell the 59 pieces on GTN because who the hell wants them with no augment slot. You can't RE them to get any of your mats back..( 720 of just ONE mat) and the vendor buys them for 1 credit.

This is yet another reason I unsubbed and bought GW2. If the devs are that clueless.. there is no hope.

To get one augment slot, I had to craft 60 of one piece of gear. You cant really sell the 59 pieces on GTN because who the hell wants them with no augment slot. You can't RE them to get any of your mats back..( 720 of just ONE mat) and the vendor buys them for 1 credit.

This is yet another reason I unsubbed and bought GW2. If the devs are that clueless.. there is no hope.

Yeap, like a noob, I bought all three pvp patterns for my armormech, I figured I would craft some to get an augment slot. I gave up. Silly me.

Buy a low level armoring from the Kaas/Coruscant commendation vendor, and then you can RE them for mats. There's a bug currently where no orange armor can be RE'd unless it has an armoring.

I haven't even hit the 60 mark and have 2 full sentinel and sage sets. I have bounds of oranges stored away to DE once we are able (trying the method mentioned above), but you may have overreacted just a little :).

I haven't even hit the 60 mark and have 2 full sentinel and sage sets. I have bounds of oranges stored away to DE once we are able (trying the method mentioned above), but you may have overreacted just a little :).

not really. you never get any better at percentages. Many games, as you keep skilling up, your odds increase on crits. Tbh, I dont know why anyone would make pvp gear. you dont even get the set bonuses if its crafted. but congrats to you for being lucky. most are not.. and most are not bothering to craft. its too stupid of a system.

Edited by Sireene
use of retarded - PM'd

I would be happy with a garenteed option like:

Change the RE system to allow for multiple items to be RE'd at the same time. If you insert 20 items you have a 100% chance for schematic. If you only insert 10 items you have 50% chance. 5 = 25% 1 = 5% chance.

For my level 50 I made normal low level orange augmented gear, of which the looks I liked.

For boots & gloves took me around 13 and 9 tries respectively to make augmented, from the pvp schematics. FYI the rest came out on 3-4 tries and is better looking armour by far.

FYI, if you want to crit something use only 1-2 companions. Feed 5 items and keep adding them all the time non stop before they finish. By splitting 2-3 items per companion to craft, doesn't help with your chances.

For my level 50 I made normal low level orange augmented gear, of which the looks I liked.

For boots & gloves took me around 13 and 9 tries respectively to make augmented, from the pvp schematics. FYI the rest came out on 3-4 tries and is better looking armour by far.

FYI, if you want to crit something use only 1-2 companions. Feed 5 items and keep adding them all the time non stop before they finish. By splitting 2-3 items per companion to craft, doesn't help with your chances.

Good post, 5 items at a time, if no augment by the third one, keep adding and keep at 5 items to do non-stop.

Someone should write this in stone to stop the old "I crafted 60 of this with no augment" posts.

• 1 month later...
not really. you never get any better at percentages. Many games, as you keep skilling up, your odds increase on crits. Tbh, I dont know why anyone would make pvp gear. you dont even get the set bonuses if its crafted. but congrats to you for being lucky. most are not.. and most are not bothering to craft. its too stupid of a system.

I'm new to this and I have heard about augs being a waste on over 50 warzone gear. could you clarify? does it really not change any percentages?

im not gonna waste my time if it doesnt help. why would anyone do it?

and thanks for the other great info everyone!

Edited by NoaFlux