My server is dead - we need transfers now, not in early summer

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then start a character on another server, then move your current character there. You might even get a better sense of where you want to actually move so you don't have to do so again after you realize the server is a bad one. If you want free transfers, they will be to another dead server that they try to funnel people to from multiple dead ones, in which case it's completely irrelevant.

Sigh. I've tried this. My server is dead and has been for a long, long time (PVE). I am a level 50 and can't really do much of anything and definitely can't find a group for anything. After tiring of running endless dailies I started two toons on two different servers (One PVP and One RPVE). At the time both were heavy pop servers. Now neither gets above standard during peak hours and are usually light.

I don't want them to mess things up and lose toons or any of the other things that could happen but if they wait to long they won't have any customers left to transfer toons for.

Sigh.

Servers with 'good' population have same problem well im from Nightmer lands never had to waite 30 min for wz but today i was solo on black holo doing daily and ( about 5pm) not talking about low lvls they can lfg for hr's for h'4 or fp we need to cut half of the servers or we will all die...

I don't want them to mess things up and lose toons or any of the other things that could happen but if they wait to long they won't have any customers left to transfer toons for.

Sigh.

"I want them to take their time, so that the end product is of as high quality as possible, but I also want it to be out soon. I don't understand how software development works."

Sigh.

Sigh.

"I want them to take their time, so that the end product is of as high quality as possible, but I also want it to be out soon. I don't understand how software development works."

Sigh.

I was going with, "I don't understand how a game with this big of a budget that has been in development since before half of the people reading this right now hit puberty launched without server transfers in place"

Edited by Frostvein

I unsub'ed as of today. I have til July 1 to play and see if i will remain. I doubt this game will pull that off though. GW2 I guess is where I shall go.

Same thing.. There is no reason to not have the server x-fers in place already.

Bioware is naive if they don't think GW2 will be killing them..

Even now in GW2 you can group with people on other servers (outside the pvp which is 1v1v1).

I did cancel my sub and sorry that I gave BW 5 months of my money x2 since my daughter also played.

They did nothing to address the ongoing issues

I was going with, "I don't understand how a game with this big of a budget that has been in development since before half of the people reading this right now hit puberty launched without server transfers in place"
Because they didn't prioritize that.

Wow, that was simple.

Edit: GW2 was a huge let down. I wish I could get a refund.

Edited by MaverickXIV

Sigh.

Sigh.

yep

armchair developers,this game has far to many of them

Because they didn't prioritize that.

Wow, that was simple.

Edit: GW2 was a huge let down. I wish I could get a refund.

meh

i trust arenanet over bioware.at least gw2 isnt technically officially released yet.so maybe arenanet will be competant enough to not screw it up and be another 6 month flopped mmo like sw tor will be

Edited by CrunkShizzle

Maybe so but dosnt change the fact an armchair developing monkey could have had a working transfer system by now.

i guess some people just fail at relizing why they havent put server transfers in.you know all those people on dead servers right now? they'll get even more dead and nothing will be accomplished but clogging the already overpopulated servers up

thats probably why bioware hasnt put server transfers in yet.but whatever,they can have fun putting them in summertime,to bad this game will be dead by then considering casuals are the only ones who are going to play this game for a long time

Edited by CrunkShizzle

What everyone needs to do is anyone on a dead server needs to send in a support ticket in game. No it probably wont get you transfered, But it might make them wake the hell up and get it going .

If nothing else the bog down of the CS will atleast let them know people are getting fed up. Theres more than just these forums to get thier attention. I say use the CS ingame maybe somone who gives a dam will finaly take notice

What everyone needs to do is anyone on a dead server needs to send in a support ticket in game. No it probably wont get you transfered, But it might make them wake the hell up and get it going .

If nothing else the bog down of the CS will atleast let them know people are getting fed up. Theres more than just these forums to get thier attention. I say use the CS ingame maybe somone who gives a dam will finaly take notice

I filed a ticket and I was told it was my fault for selecting a low population server, so there you go. It's our fault, clearly.

Really? This is hardly a professional or formal forum. This is not exactly high stakes writing. In other words, mistakes and wording problems are not exactly worth noting, unless of course that's the only way you are able to feel a sense of importance. Just sayin'. Edited by Trineda
remove quote

I filed a ticket and I was told it was my fault for selecting a low population server, so there you go. It's our fault, clearly.

Yea they seem to think they can do no wrong. My server was a early access day 1 . I had some killer que times for awhile. But hung in there because i know that will level out eventualy. And now its just a wasteland . But yea its our fault they dont have enough competence to get a working transfer system out. Or its our fault they are holding it back intentionaly.

Because fact of the matter there is only 2 reasons a working transfer system is not out already. Its either intentional or incompetence neither of wich bioware has the family jewls to own up to. So what do they do try to hide behind fluff and flash. And hope we get to blinded to see how bad its realy getting.

Edited by Nyteblades

Really? This is hardly a professional or formal forum. This is not exactly high stakes writing. In other words, mistakes and wording problems are not exactly worth noting, unless of course that's the only way you are able to feel a sense of importance. Just sayin'.

:Offtopic: Grammar Nazis like that are only seeking attention. IMO they should get a 1 week probation from the forums for it.

But anyway back on topic. As probably stated before in the forum, BW are holding most of that stuff off until all the American children are back on holidays. Then they can get some solid subs + stat numbers. However before people start hatting on BW for this, I firmly believe this is an executive decision from EA. All EA cares about is how much the bags of money weigh at the end of the month. I think the only reason why all the goodies where left out of the game that we thought where going to be in it from launch is all because of EA. My theory is that they noticed what the budget was & cut it. Due to that we have a partly broken game with missing content & angry fan boys.

You're being naive. The tech is there. The only reason they are holding it back is to wait for summer breaks to start so they can see how much of the population comes back to properly decide which servers need the free transfer, otherwise they'll be in the exact same situation as they are now.

You are the naive one if you think the summer break is the only things affecting the release of transfers... narrow sighted too.

My guild had no choice. We set up using the early access guild assignment system, and selected the category for PvP East Coast. I'm surprised BioWare is not giving us an option, we were "stuck" there by them in the first place. We did not choose this server.

Now it's dead on arrival, there were 7 people on the fleet tonight. Only one guild raids 16 man, and they only log on one day a week to do a clear.

Running out of alts to level, I know people that are quitting every day because of this.

:(