Middle initial for name mergers?

Blackardin

I made this suggestion weeks and weeks ago, but I'll put it here again. Not sure how the coding will work, but seems like a possible solution.

Just add a middle initial to the name of the duplicate. If I am the merging character my name goes from Blackardin Macvile, to Blackardin A Macvile. The other Blackardin, Blackardin Smith would maintain his original name.

When someone whispers me they simply Whisper Blackardin A. Worked to distinguish names in the service. Should work here. Everyone gets to keep their given name. Reasonable trade-off, name crisis solved?

No, most people would leave off the middle initial when sending messages, or more importantly, mail.

Good thing I was writing it as a suggestion and not for your approval. ;p

Could cause some initial mistakes, but they happen anyway. With all the bizarre names in game, the hyphens, the characters, the similar names separated by a single letter, people will get used to it. Pop up for mail. I don't see an issue there....and it beats losing one's name. I know I wouldn't want to, nor would the many people posting in a similar thread.

Edited by Blackardin

Good thing I was writing it as a suggestion and not for your approval. ;p
If that's your opinion, don't even bother posting suggestions. This may be the Suggestion Box, but it's still a discussion board.

Could cause some initial mistakes, but they happen anyway. With all the bizarre names in game, the hyphens, the characters, the similar names separated by a single letter, people will get used to it.
Isn't this exactly what you're proposing here?

No. I don't like this idea. And it would be problematic to implement anyway. If you type in "Dude A bunch of stuff here." How is the game supposed to know if you are trying to send "A bunch of stuff here" to "Dude" or if you're trying to send "bunch of stuff here" to "Dude A"? I'm sure that a lot of players would not want to have to type quotation marks around someone's name in order to make sure that they're sending whispers/mails to the right person. And I'm sure that "Dude" doesn't want to get whispers for "Dude A" (and vice versa) just because the chat system wasn't sure what the sending player's intent was.

This idea just doesn't make much sense.