The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cleansing roots, snares and stuns

FiftHorseman

Just trying to get peoples opinion on what they think about being able cleanse roots, snares and stuns.

Personally, I think healing classes should be able to cleanse all roots and some, not all, snares and stuns.

I believe there should be a system setup to were certain healers should be able to cleanse certain types of immobilizing affects. (ie; smug healers can cleanse PT snares but not OPs snares and so on)

I don't know how it should work but BW can come up with something that can be balanced. :rolleyes:

Also, I dont think it would be a bad idea if dps classes with a cleanse got the ability to cleanse certain snares and roots. But I would imagine some people would complain that there class doesn't have a cleanse and therefore gimped in pvp, so maybe a no on that one.

Just trying to get some feedback on what you guys think about it. I hear a lot of people complain about the number of cc in this game and figured this would be a good way to resolve some issues. Thanks in advanced for your responses.

As a healer, I'm of the opinion that healers should be able to clear all.

ASIDE:

Are there more than two types of immobilization skills in this game?

Stun = player is unable to do anything until attacked

Freeze = player is unable to do anything for a set period of time

Neither are effective if a player has any resolve.

Could someone point me to a better explanation of the Root, Snare and Stun skills? An explanation that doesn't use acronyms. Drives me crazy that acronyms are so prevalent in mmorpg discussions that you need the context of the sentence to know what they mean. (e.g., Smugglers are OP (over powered); OP(original poster) is a smuggler.)

Just trying to get peoples opinion on what they think about being able cleanse roots, snares and stuns.

Personally, I think healing classes should be able to cleanse all roots and some, not all, snares and stuns.

I believe there should be a system setup to were certain healers should be able to cleanse certain types of immobilizing affects. (ie; smug healers can cleanse PT snares but not OPs snares and so on)

I don't know how it should work but BW can come up with something that can be balanced. :rolleyes:

Also, I dont think it would be a bad idea if dps classes with a cleanse got the ability to cleanse certain snares and roots. But I would imagine some people would complain that there class doesn't have a cleanse and therefore gimped in pvp, so maybe a no on that one.

Just trying to get some feedback on what you guys think about it. I hear a lot of people complain about the number of cc in this game and figured this would be a good way to resolve some issues. Thanks in advanced for your responses.

They already can do this.

As a healer, I'm of the opinion that healers should be able to clear all.

ASIDE:

Are there more than two types of immobilization skills in this game?

Stun = player is unable to do anything until attacked

Freeze = player is unable to do anything for a set period of time

Neither are effective if a player has any resolve.

Could someone point me to a better explanation of the Root, Snare and Stun skills? An explanation that doesn't use acronyms. Drives me crazy that acronyms are so prevalent in mmorpg discussions that you need the context of the sentence to know what they mean. (e.g., Smugglers are OP (over powered); OP(original poster) is a smuggler.)

This game has the following:

Stun - Unable to take any action. Does not break on Damage

Mezz - Unable to take any action. Breaks on any Damage

Snare - Movement speed reduction

Root - 100% movement speed reduction

Knockback - Forced movement of your character to a new location by a hostile player through either a pull or push.

Stuns add resolve at a rate of 200 per second of stun.

Mezzes add resolve at a rate of 100 per second of stun. These can be cleansed.

Knockbacks add resolve at a rate of 400 per Knockback.

Snares and Roots do not add any resolve as you are still able to act (use abilities). These can be cleansed.

Here is a link to Kaarsa's thread detailing all the CC effects:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=390716

Edited by Darth_Philar

More roots should be cleansable.

How the game is now, stuns shouldn't be dispellable, except maybe the aoe group vanguard/powertech stun.

6 second+ cc and snares are cleansable right now, except sap (tranq/sleep dart, etc)

How the game is now, stuns shouldn't be dispellable, except maybe the aoe group vanguard/powertech stun.

6 second+ cc and snares are cleansable right now, except sap (tranq/sleep dart, etc)

sap is cleanse-able on others as well it's a MIND affect...

I think all CC should be cleansable, it would force medics to pay attention more. Atm I'm not sure if I can cleans it or not because a lot of the debuffs look the same and the way they stack it's hard to make out if I can cleans it or not. So I usually try to cleans my own stuff or ball carriers in huttball, but for the most time I won't bother, unless I see a long mez being put on someone.

Currently not even all snares/roots are cleansable, not to mention stuns/mezzes.

Roots and slows are all cleansable, just not by the same classes,as an example sages/sorcs can cleanse the force versions, scoundrels/operatives can cleanse the tech versions.

Also the healing trees give an option to talent the cleanse further so it will remove an additional effect, that would not be removable without the talent, like for example mental effects.

Edited by Bazzoong

Roots and slows are all cleansable, just not by the same classes,as an example sages/sorcs can cleanse the force versions, scoundrels/operatives can cleanse the tech versions.

Also the healing trees give an option to talent the cleanse further so it will remove an additional effect, that would not be removable without the talent, like for example mental effects.

Are you sure someone can cleanse the knight/warrior leap root and the knockback sage/sorc root? They aren't physical/force/mental.

This game has the following:

Stun - Unable to take any action. Does not break on Damage

Mezz - Unable to take any action. Breaks on any Damage

Snare - Movement speed reduction

Root - 100% movement speed reduction

Knockback - Forced movement of your character to a new location by a hostile player through either a pull or push.

Stuns add resolve at a rate of 200 per second of stun.

Mezzes add resolve at a rate of 100 per second of stun. These can be cleansed.

Knockbacks add resolve at a rate of 400 per Knockback.

Snares and Roots do not add any resolve as you are still able to act (use abilities). These can be cleansed.

Here is a link to Kaarsa's thread detailing all the CC effects:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=390716

Excellent! Thank you.

Part of the problem with the existing system, and with this thread's proposed one, is that, in PvP, you simply do not have sufficient time to determine if a particular stun/mezz/root/snare is one that can be cleansed.

In short, the icons for debuffs are too small, can't be enlarged separately from the target frame, and don't give information about them unless you either memorize every classes' abilities' icons, or you mouse-over the icon and read the mice type.

All this could be mitigated by add-ons that popped up notifications when you or an operations member got a debuff that could be cleansed. But, looks like we won't have add-ons in SWTOR for some time, if ever.

personally i think every one should get just one stun altogether and greatly reduce most of the cc. Or greatly reduce the damage one gets when getting dps'ed while stuned. most of the movment slowing abilities do not add "much" to the resolve bar. the game would be more about skill and instead of how good they can CC players.

I think without changing any resolve or fixing anything else, to help with the amount of stuns and roots in this game that people all complain about, ALL healers should get a talent in their healing tree that changes the purge/cleanse to group wide and increases the cooldown on it. Now hear me out. :)

One could then make a choice whether they wish to keep their purge as single target on a 4.5 sec cooldown, or spec to a group wide purge with the same effects, but on a 15-20 sec cooldown. This would in effect negate some of the over abundance of CC in this game, while not changing any of the other mechanics.

In addition to that, it will make the healers happy and more attractive, even though the healing potency has been nerfed.