Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Feedback request from James Ohlen - potential future planets

StephenReid

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow there are WAY to many planets to choose from.......

1. Kashyyyk

2. Ziost

3. Geonosis

4. Yavin IV

Whichever one is chosen please dont recycle current planet art like you have done with Operation/Flashpoint planets.

I am thinking it would be pretty neat to see Kashyyyk and perhaps it would be interesting to go back to Rakata Prime to revisit the Jedi/Sith Temple and explore ruins of the star forge that would have landed on the planet from the original KOTOR game (Yeah i know it was blown up but we got to explore the Endar Spire on Taris right???)

We learned last year that in Darth Plagueis novel that Naboo has houses, similar to what they did with Alderaan. Those houses at war is interesting and could be done better than it was with Alderran.

I would like to see the rise of House Palpatine.

If we are talking about a fully featured planet like Tatooine or similar then definitely one of these:

Dantooine

Yavin IV

Dathomir

They are just very iconic and must-have for Star Wars in my opinion. I'd love some more open implementation of these, artificial walls are not much too look at.

We probably won't get it but pleeeease give us actual round planets orbiting a star with shifting light and weather conditions :D

Edit: Forgot to say thanks for taking the time to get our opinion

Edited by Neloth

Things i would like to see ingame:

Korriban

not just noob level starting zone but actual planet full of mean big and dark side monsters / sith ghosts and all the bad things which happend there

Coruscant

same as korriban, it would be cool to just visit these planets as any faction

* for both of these ideas im not saying to remove the starting zones, the faction-only access to planet would be still present but there would be additional "zone" where anyone could go from the planet orbital station vis shuttle

Manaan

i love water worlds and the planet was my favourite from kotor

Kashyyyk - Czerka makes for a good and functional antagonist for both factions.

Dxun - A planet (moon) full of monsterous beasties,at least one dark side ruin, and remanents of the Mandolorian war. Would make a good end game addition.

Dantooine - Continuing the "what happened after" from the KoTOR games.

Manaan - Continuing the "what happened after" from the KoTOR games.

Edited by JovasDeuskin

Hello!

I recommend Manaan. Why? It seems to be a good choice. It could be implemented just like Nar Shaddaa, where both factions can meet in some places at least. And you could save "mirroring" planets completely like Balmorra or Taris, which could/would mean more work, separation, less interaction.

With Manaan and a "Nar Shaddaa" setting you could cater to nearly all players, also roleplayers.

As for Manaan, Atho City would have to be a must. Big, with possible underwater areas (bases), etc.

Story wise both factions would be present again with some kind of truce due to the Kolto production. Can provide interesting quests, which would also fit into the cold war scenario regardless.

Other than that? Dathomir, perhaps.