The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Feedback request from James Ohlen - potential future planets

StephenReid

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Answer: Contradiction forming a lie - all planets are FULLY EXPLORABLE = BLATENT LIE. No planet is fully exploratble. I tired of the lies...

Unnecessary Clarification: I wasn't referring to the word lie.

Statement: That's because if the exhaustion zones were not there you'd reach the edge of the map and fall off into nothingness. Then people would complain that there's no indication that you've gone too far. You'd also see the nothingness and it would look really bad. The feeling of being on a planet would be completely gone.

Correction: It's not a lie. The world that they created IS fully explorable.

Statement: I'd like to go to Sulon again. The last time I've been there was in Jedi Knight Dark Forces II. There was the Katarn Homestead and Baron's Head. "Barons Hed, also spelled Baron's Hed and sometimes called the "Fallen City", was once a great spaceport full of life, with busy market streets, entertainment and cantinas that was located on Sulon." I'd like to see that bustling city. We've seen it after the Empire took control, but not before.

Edited by Notannos
rude

Unnecessary Clarification: I wasn't referring to the word lie.

Statement: That's because if the exhaustion zones were not there you'd reach the edge of the map and fall off into nothingness. Then people would complain that there's no indication that you've gone too far. You'd also see the nothingness and it would look really bad. The feeling of being on a planet would be completely gone.

Correction: It's not a lie. The world that they created IS fully explorable.

Statement: I'd like to go to Sulon again. The last time I've been there was in Jedi Knight Dark Forces II. There was the Katarn Homestead and Baron's Head. "Barons Hed, also spelled Baron's Hed and sometimes called the "Fallen City", was once a great spaceport full of life, with busy market streets, entertainment and cantinas that was located on Sulon." I'd like to see that bustling city. We've seen it after the Empire took control, but not before.

Unneccesary Correction: There are many areas, for example on Ord Mantell, under the bridge that was demolished you MUST walk in a straight line under it otherwise you hit an exhaustion zone. This has happened to me many times.

Unneccesary Correction: Nar Shaddaa, Coruscant, etc..., are NOT fully explorable. You are constrained to a corridor. You CAN NOT explore any other parts of the planet as everything is instanced out.

Suggestion: Try to explore "outside the box" on these worlds and see how far you get.

Edited by Notannos
reply to rude

I don't think the Night sisters have been discovered in this games timeline. If I'm not mistaken it was much later.

Hi Xorcist,

Hi how are you,

Why do you think that as well can you tell me plz thank you.:rak_02:

I would like to see the existing planets become more valuable/used than developing all new ones. As of right now it feels you are spread out too thin and as result are left feeling less immersed in the world.

Other answer: Naboo

Edited by Woosh

I would like to see the existing planets become more valuable/used than developing all new ones. As of right now it feels you are spread out too thin and as result are left feeling less immersed in the world.

Other answer: Naboo

I agree with this. Maybe alternative leveling paths at the same level that take you through more/less of different planets. I loved my first character leveling, but there's nothing new with my alts.

I agree with this. Maybe alternative leveling paths at the same level that take you through more/less of different planets. I loved my first character leveling, but there's nothing new with my alts.

Agreement: Oooh. Very good point and one that I've noticed too. The world arcs are good, but doing the same one over and over is just annoying. Two different ones would be fine.

Firstly I would like to see Tatooine expanded on as I miss Mos Eisley

For future planets I would like to see:

• Dathomir
    Dantooine
    Endor (yeah I know it's a moon)
    Mustafar
    Naboo
    Bespin (cloud city would be so cool)
    Mandalore
    Ryloth (Home of the Twileks) could add both brightlands and nightlands areas for different atmosphere between night and day areas, seeing an area in total night would be cool

>>>

Oh and on a side note ( I know its off topic but I thought I'd put it out there) could you develop guild capitol ships (something to use the guild credits on) and have new style FP's aboard the ship (both pve and pvp) so you can man the turrets or launch small fighter squadrons (all bought using guild credits to upgrade the ship). Also have crew quarters and command quarters for guild leaders On the bridge there would be guild management tools and in the crew lounge there would be guild banks, email terminals and repair droids, in the crew quarters you would have access to your storage bays and in the hanger you could access your own ship to launch into space etc... It could be a massive addition to the guild

<<<

Agreement: Oooh. Very good point and one that I've noticed too. The world arcs are good, but doing the same one over and over is just annoying. Two different ones would be fine.

What about allowing the planet's level scale with the user? I am really thinking of end game. Groups could run scaled lev 50 heroics 2s and 4s. BW would need to create a reason to do them though. Maybe something tied the planets lore that is also useable for other end game questing. Examples would include reusable stat boosts ala relics, maybe stims, other boosts such as stat increases, "legacy" commendations, obviously others??? Complete all heroics scaled lev 50 in a planet and be granted said reward, and/ or title?

Legacy commendations would allow purchase of legacies using commendations and not credits.

Edited by Woosh
Clarification on legacy credits

What about allowing the planet's level scale with the user? I am really thinking of end game. Groups could run scaled lev 50 heroics 2s and 4s. BW would need to create a reason to do them though. Maybe something tied the planets lore that is also useable for other end game questing. Examples would include reusable stat boosts ala relics, maybe stims, other boosts such as stat increases, "legacy" credits obviously others??? Complete all heroics scaled lev 50 in a planet and be granted said reward, and/ or title?

I like what u put there.