The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Feedback request from James Ohlen - potential future planets

StephenReid

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dathomir would be my first choice, but it looks like Kashyyyk is winning out, which would be nice too.

Also, yeah, I was very surprised Dantooine didn't make it in at launch considering its prominence in KoTOR. Would love to see it implemented.

I would like to see Naboo.

There could be a main city, somewhat similar to Alderaan or Coruscant in function design. You could have various quests involving the politics of the planet, or adventure helping folks within the outlying towns and villages. You could explore the hills and grasslands, the huge waterfalls, and the various islands as featured in Episode 2.

There could also be Gungan City you could explore, and add Gungans as a NPC race with their own storyline.

Overall, I think Naboo would provide a wide array of potential questing zones, interesting story elements, and provide a rich backdrop for a new planet to add for future expansion. Naboo has been a major part of the new prequels in Star Wars, and it would be neat to explore it further through the Old Republic.

Thanks.

I seem to recall that KOTOR II had palns for a droid-only planet. I think it would be cool to go to a planet like that. Other than that, I'd like to see a Imperial city-planet like Coruscant. Dromund Kaas is just too jungle. I want in Imp metropolis!

I think it would be really awesome to introduce the planets that all the species in the game came from as planets that offer some level 50 daily content (a small amount), and then a side quest line for those who are natives/descendants of the species from that planet. These side quests could educate the player's about that species' and planet's history (hopefully recording it into the codex) and possibly reward them with species specific orange gear that sort of shows off one's heritage.

For example, my main is a Rattataki Sith Assassin, I think it would be cool if I got to travel to my home world and maybe discovered something about my ancestors involving a family feud of sorts that I then somehow resolved to be awarded with a valuable Rattataki heirloom (say like an old piece of Gladiator armor that an ancestor used in the pits). Not to mention from pictures and descriptions the planet Rattatak sounds like it'd be awesome anyways.

I could see how this would seem unfair to human characters though seeing as they come from several planets, making them all from one specific planet would sort of limit the game RP-wise. Also for some of the class stories it might make it difficult to intertwine this family history into the story.

Either way a more refined version of this I think would be great.

Edited by Squidkidz

A return to some of the planets from KOTOR would be nice, like Lahon, Kashyyk and especially Manaan. I also think that SWTOR is lacking in explorable space station environments. Centerpoint Station would be perfect.

Also, we don't have enough planets from the original Sith Empire in my opinion. How about Ziost, Ch'hodos, or Khar Delba? Plus we learned about Nathema from the Revan novel, why not set a storyline there?

Edited by DarthMahan