Feedback request from James Ohlen - potential future planets

StephenReid

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kashyyyk and Felucia would be great. Or Kamino, these would be beautiful planets. But I prefer more the space with battles and more. The space missions in the game looks like flashgames. Rebel assault was a better game than this spacemissions. But I guess real spacebattles will be in an expansion.

Kashyyyk could be cool. It was already featured in KOTOR and it was interesting back then - even though I feel like it was bastardized in Revenge of the Sith.

Yavin 4 - has a rich sith background. You can expand on Naga Sadow and Massassi.

The Maw - You could do a tie-in with Abeloth (Legacy Era extended universe) in which Abeloth was previously imprisoned on belsavis, and corrupted the Dread Masters. You then have to fight her and imprison her within the Maw cluster. I'm not 100% sure on what Abeloth's history is though.

Thyferra - Main draw of this planet is Bacta, could lead to new medkits and heals. Although I don't think Bacta was discovered till later in the timeline.

Imperial attacks on Coruscant, and Tython. Conversly, repbulic attacks on Dromund Kaas and Korriban.

Ossus as a flashpoint - fighting over the ruins of the Jedi Library would be pretty cool.

(I am correct here aren't I that at this stage Ossus has been sterilised by the detonation of the corsair in the Cron Cluster - should be a couple of hundred / thousand years previously?)

Otherwise, echo previous statements here, Dantooine, Kashyyyk, Onderon & Dxun, Yavin IV, Manaan and I think Muunilinst - take down the banking clans :D

I think it would be awesome to add Selonia and Centerpoint Station. I also think it would make for a great RvR opportunity. Let the factions fight for control of Centerpoint, and give some sort of useful benefit to controlling the station. For example, make the next tier of daily missions only accessible while your faction controls Centerpoint.

Of course, server populations and faction imbalances would need to be addressed prior to implementing an idea like that, but it sure would be fun to have a worthwhile battleground with lasting implications for both PVP and PVE.

Kashyyyk could be cool. It was already featured in KOTOR and it was interesting back then - even though I feel like it was bastardized in Revenge of the Sith.

Yavin 4 - has a rich sith background. You can expand on Naga Sadow and Massassi.

The Maw - You could do a tie-in with Abeloth (Legacy Era extended universe) in which Abeloth was previously imprisoned on belsavis, and corrupted the Dread Masters. You then have to fight her and imprison her within the Maw cluster. I'm not 100% sure on what Abeloth's history is though.

Thyferra - Main draw of this planet is Bacta, could lead to new medkits and heals. Although I don't think Bacta was discovered till later in the timeline.

Imperial attacks on Coruscant, and Tython. Conversly, repbulic attacks on Dromund Kaas and Korriban.

Yea Totally agree, I Always liked Kashyyk that furry Wookies , and Yavin 4 seems Great and i want to See EWOKS ! Maybe a mision where you need to get a ewok as a Pet :D

i think that for a potential flashpoint / operation Yavin IV would do well especially with ties to Exar Kun and/or Naga Sadow

for a planet as per expansion and full questing and development i think great ideas would be Kashyyyk, Dantooine (as previous iterations from KOTOR series, Jedi Enclave, crystal cave and ruins etc) Utapau (for their shipyards for the Republic, maybe good strategic location for conflict)...

locations like Ziost, Bothawui, Dathomir for their references and locations of 'lore-wiese' battles of the war preceding the game...

and personally anything in the Malachor system as they are mentioned multiple times in class quests (Jedi Consular / Sith Inquisitor are the first that come to mind) like Malachor II, Malachor III and Malachor V - from KOTOR series

lastly i would like to comment of the seemingly preposterours suggestions such as Endor, Manaan, and Naboo among others: which according to my limited knowledge have either 1- NOT been discovered or populated (Endor and Naboo) and 2- been annihilated or work outside the current game peramiters (Manaan supposedly the site of a devastating onslaught by the sith once they refused kolto supply sometime prior to the Treaty of Coruscant and like Mon Calamari is a world completely covered in water... in a game WHERE WE CANNOT SWIM AND CHARACTERS + CLOTHING ARE NOT DESIGNED TO BE DONE IN AN AQUEOUS WITH THE DESIRED QUALITY AND EXPECTATIONS OF THE DEVS OR IT WOULD HAVE BEEN IN PLACE ALREADY...

thanks for allowing us an opportunity to provide our ideas and i cannot wait to see what new content is in store for us in the future.

I would like to see playable areas for the opposite faction on Coruscant and Dromund Kaas. The empire and republic areas do not have to be connected (I do not know what would be involved in coding that). For example, the empire could have an area on Coruscant with a story focused on infiltrating part of the city or businesses ect. and the republic could have an area on Dromund Kaas with a story focused on setting up a remote spy outpost or an advanced recon base for a full scale invasion.

Just my 2 cents.

I could care less about a specific planet, but it should have these features to make it interesting.

o Daily quests for both factions

o Daily quests that are scalable. Your rakghoul thing was great.. I enjoyed it on my lvl 25 more than my 50s especially since I am on a pvp server and my 25 was repub on an imp dominated server. Dodging imp gankers made it the most challenging thing yet.

o The dailies give rewards which can be spent on any type of item. You want craftable schematics, pvp gear, pve gear, etc. These dailies will give them. This gives incentives for all people to be in this zone instead of imps and repubs in their respective fleets.

o Have a daily world boss. This gives incentives for repubs and imps to open world pvp. You win the zone, you can fight the boss.

o Have the zone enable some sort of level compensation. Make it so that lvl 25s can help the 50s in some way. Either buff them of give them adds objectives to work on. Maybe the boss has an adds factory. The adds spawn at level 50 but the factories are protected by lvl equivalent mobs. The lowbies work on the mobs by the factory. Perhaps the spawn locations for players in the pvp event are controlled by a spawn factory.

John