Do we need a Villain?

djkalman

Hi,

I heard a podcast and I thought of asking the community about their point of view.

Do we need a Villain in the game? We dont have a big enemy that we need to kill, republic could have Darth Malgus but what do Imperial get?

This game could definitely use something along those lines. As it is right now, all you have is two groups of people hanging out on two different fleets (which are practically identical, you'd think that the republic and empire would have different architectural visions). This game has no soul.

republic could have Darth Malgus but what do Imperial get?

The Republic already had Darth Malgus as a major villain once you hit lvl 50. There's a whole quest line and Operation revolving around him.

This game could definitely use something along those lines. As it is right now, all you have is two groups of people hanging out on two different fleets (which are practically identical, you'd think that the republic and empire would have different architectural visions). This game has no soul.

I understand you probably have no professional design experience, but just because you play or fight for different factions doesn't mean that efficiency doesn't lead you to the same conclusions.

Just a thought.

Considering Malgus and Satele are "peers" or "equals". We could set our sights on her. Sure, she hasn't sacked the imperial homeworld, nor did she lead any valuable military campaigns.

Nope! Our Jedi Grandmaster sits in the Jedi Temple all day long and meditates. What a hero. In her past she was saved by the same Military grunt. Twice. And only managed to defeat her equal after he was heavily weakened by her Trooper comrade/savior.

Seriously, though. Focusing the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order does seem logical for the Sith, but not so much for the empire from a military and politics-based standpoint.

I understand you probably have no professional design experience, but just because you play or fight for different factions doesn't mean that efficiency doesn't lead you to the same conclusions.

Just a thought.

I don't know if you have any real life experience, but it's highly unlikely two different cultures would build the exact same space station.

True but we could focus on a specific General that is making a big difference in winning the war, plus a key objective or the Sith is to wipe out and kill all the Jedi.

The Rakghouls.... that story just quite does not fit... to me at least

The Imperials are their own villains.

Why have an isolated villain when you're own power structure collapses in on itself anyway from the amount of backstabbing that occurs?

The Sith make Game of Thrones look like Sesame Street.

The Republic already had Darth Malgus as a major villain once you hit lvl 50. There's a whole quest line and Operation revolving around him.

You kill him in one of the easiest lvl 50 flashpoints. That's hardly a very important villain.

Good point but we still dont have one, maybe a rogue Sith is plotting to bring down the emperor and we have to kill him, but at least something for end game content

...Doesn't Malgus do that at some point already?

You kill him in one of the easiest lvl 50 flashpoints. That's hardly a very important villain.

Don't forget about Kilran, I was very sad to see him go. He could've made (or was) a great non-Force using villain

...Doesn't Malgus do that at some point already?

Yes he does.

And BEFORE you say that he is dead and that his "threat" is dead, read this;

" Darth Malgus was defeated and his new Empire, stopped. Despite Malgus's defeat, he survived and fled to an unknown sector of the galaxy."

Taken from the Wookiepedia. Proof is unknown at this point, but this has to be taken from somewhere.

Malgus is too good of a character to be killed off so easily. Just like Revan.

Yes he does.

And BEFORE you say that he is dead and that his "threat" is dead, read this;

" Darth Malgus was defeated and his new Empire, stopped. Despite Malgus's defeat, he survived and fled to an unknown sector of the galaxy."

Taken from the Wookiepedia. Proof is unknown at this point, but this has to be taken from somewhere.

Malgus is too good of a character to be killed off so easily. Just like Revan.

You know, at this point, I'm alright with Malgus being the one villain both factions have to contend with.

You know, at this point, I'm alright with Malgus being the one villain both factions have to contend with.

Perhaps "The New Empire" will become a new faction in the very, VERY distant future. After all has settled in with the bugs and other issues.

Can only dream.

Hi,

I heard a podcast and I thought of asking the community about their point of view.

Do we need a Villain in the game? We dont have a big enemy that we need to kill, republic could have Darth Malgus but what do Imperial get?

No.

We don't need a "WoW" villian.

Hi,

I do have a main villian, all those damn Republic Jedi ... they are pure scum and breed like Rift Lurkers, no matter how many I kill, they keep coming back .....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.