The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

To all the Powertech Vets!

Yeah. I found that kind of an odd spec to be "most commonly used". More like it's what the author likes best.

That's probably the worst Pyro spec I've seen. Ok I am exaggerating. But it certainly not a "favored" or "commonly used" one at all.

Edited by Agooz

Thanks for the info =)

Any more suggestions?

In general there isn't a "Best" Spec. The Pyro role is a pretty flexible talent tree to fit a variety of build while keeping good damage up on the opponent. Here are some to think about.

Basic 4/6/31

2/6/33 - Sacrifice some DPS for Heat Management

7/3/31 - Max Damage on TD

And so forth down the road (I could list about 5 more variations but just to get your started figured I'd list 3) I prefer builds with TD (31 point) over non-31 Point builds. But that's my preference.

3/7/31 - Pyro build for excellent DPS

Keep in mind that PTs are controllers. Rotations are situational. Use your taunts to keep enemy damage down for your mates. Kite and carbonite spray as needed. Grapple those ball carriers as you leap into the pit or pull them to the fire. Always save grapple for their healers or ball carriers and let your mates dps them down.

PTs are a support class either as a ST or PT. As a Pyro you add to the burst of the maras or dps sorcs.

If there is a group on your healer--carbonite them so your heals can escape. Taunt their dps while you do it. Craft grenades for added CC ability.

Stealth classes always get a TD from me right before a possible cloak and a scan to where I would go.

I'm almost always behind a mara. So taunt, CD dmg boost, TD, IM, RS, and RP is what comes in a focused attack. If their team is nearby I carbonite them when passing by. Hope they are stupid enough to waste a CD to break out which will weaken their next chance of surviving the next attack.

If being attacked and lose 25% health --Kolto. If I see a sent looking at me--shields + stun dart. That way dmg is reduced and/or a stun to boot. Relics + adrenals + TD + FT + RS + RP . Make them pay for that choice to target you.

Can you guys give me the 101 on pvp for powertechs? Stat Priority, rotations and best spec at the moment

Thanks =)[/QUOte]

Depends on what your objective is in pvP. there are only two viable ways to go in Pvp and that is a dedicated st build or pyro. Forget ap as its still garbage for dps even with the gut improvement. If you want to do dps then spec some version of the pyro build. Ibelieve the standard cookie cutter is 5/5/31 and tweek from that to your hearts content. Your primary stats youre looking for are crit and surge because in Pyro rail shot is your bread and butter mOve. Power isn't bad either if you want your burns to do more damage. Going either crit/surge spec for rail shot or power for burns and flame burst are both excellent decisions. Aim > Endurance in this spec.

:wea_02:

I personally go with shield tech only because I do a lot of pve tanking and don't want to Pay to respec so I work with what I got. Aim = endurance in this spec. I need the hp to be a reliable tank but I still like to Put out enough dps to be a threat. I stick with mostly crit/surge to add to rocket punch which is the bread and butter attack in this spec. In Pvp switch guard to who needs it. Taunt. And focus on the objectives and stay within the area of your healers and squishes. Use jet charge and grapple a lot . This helps displace the enemies.

Depends on what your objective is in pvP. there are only two viable ways to go in Pvp and that is a dedicated st build or pyro. Forget ap as its still garbage for dps even with the gut improvement. If you want to do dps then spec some version of the pyro build. Ibelieve the standard cookie cutter is 5/5/31 and tweek from that to your hearts content. Your primary stats youre looking for are crit and surge because in Pyro rail shot is your bread and butter mOve. Power isn't bad either if you want your burns to do more damage. Going either crit/surge spec for rail shot or power for burns and flame burst are both excellent decisions. Aim > Endurance in this spec.

:wea_02:

I personally go with shield tech only because I do a lot of pve tanking and don't want to Pay to respec so I work with what I got. Aim = endurance in this spec. I need the hp to be a reliable tank but I still like to Put out enough dps to be a threat. I stick with mostly crit/surge to add to rocket punch which is the bread and butter attack in this spec. In Pvp switch guard to who needs it. Taunt. And focus on the objectives and stay within the area of your healers and squishes. Use jet charge and grapple a lot . This helps displace the enemies.

He knows nothing about dps specs. However his tanking information is valid. All three specs are extremely viable in pvp.