PvPer's don't care about this game

Logisitcs

I pvp off and on in all mmo's I have played, to me there are all about the same, some better some worse, to me TOR needs factional based pvp like Daoc, some reason to pvp out side of a gear grind, fun will only get you so far.. overall I enjoy the pvp here, and hope to see them get it more together, as time goes by,,soon I hope :)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on you acted like they do not by saying is it so bad they "try". Why would you say that if you thought they were trying? You want to try picking words better maybe someone can understand you. What exactly is your point then why did you even bother to respond?

they are trying.. my opinion they arent doing a good job..pvp is stale. it could be alot better.. they have 2 worlds that would be awesome for open world pvp tat and ilum both of them are fail for pvp. tat is a pve planet it will never be used for pvp like it should be.. ilum is used for dailies thats all. i have fought 3 or 4 people on ilum at most..

pvp that isnt warzones is a fail.. and that is why i said bioware tries to balance pvp and pve...

What is football without any rules? Just a boring mess.

The idea of world PvP for the sake of world PvP is a nonsense, a myth that never existed.

In the older MMORPGs you used to be able to loot coin and items from the people you killed, there WAS an incentive..... a carrot if you will.

But in modern sanitised MMORPGs there literally is NO incentive of open world PvP unless you like ganking people just after they've killed an elite (but that's no motivation for most people).

I've played MMOs for a long time, and did a lot of pvp'ing. There were no rewards other than having fun, which is what a game should be about.

What? By all estimates eve only has about 300,000 players. I dont know of many games who can have less than that before closing. Even UO has around 300,000 players. I dont know what you are smoking but i want some lol.

They reckon around 355,000 active accounts, more then enough to make a decent profit in an MMORPG, and not bad for an MMORPG as old at it is (2003).

They've also had more than 55,000 concurrent users which makes the 355,000 number seem a bit low.

But when you actually look at them versus pure PvE competitors they are doing pretty well.

So I must be smoking something that makes me see things with crystal clear reality, I guess. :)

I've played MMOs for a long time, and did a lot of pvp'ing. There were no rewards other than having fun, which is what a game should be about.

Are you really saying you couldn't loot coin and items in UO and EQ1? :confused: Because if you are...... you're just wrong.

After those PvP in MMORPGs moved towards the RvR concept and then into instanced PvP.

The idea of mass open world PvP for no reason is and always was a myth. :csw_yoda:

Don't just blame the devs. The players are just as responsible for dead world pvp. People needing a carrot on a stick to get them to participate in anything are a big part of the problem.

Bull **edit** lol!

You don't PvE without being rewarded, why the hell would you expect PvPers to PvP without SOME value for the time invested?

Titles, credits, cosmetics and consumables should be the reward for PvP.

PVP is the only thing that keeps me playing swtor.

I hated questing after I leveled my first 2 to 50..I don't want to do the same quests over and over.

I don't like doing flashpoints or Operations because of the amount of time wasted involved,waiting for people to come online or getting a pug,people needing on stuff they can't use etc.

I think swtor would lose half or more of its subs if it stopped catering for pvp.

Are you really saying you couldn't loot coin and items in UO and EQ1? :confused: Because if you are...... you're just wrong.

After those PvP in MMORPGs moved towards the RvR concept and then into instanced PvP.

The idea of mass open world PvP for no reason is and always was a myth. :csw_yoda:

The coin and items weren't the reason for the pvp, just a bonus. People now want something to get them off their duff to go actually do something, anything be it in pvp or pve. You keep saying it was a myth, but I and many others have experienced it, maybe you just missed out.

PVP is the only thing that keeps me playing swtor.

I hated questing after I leveled my first 2 to 50..I don't want to do the same quests over and over.

I don't like doing flashpoints or Operations because of the amount of time wasted involved,waiting for people to come online or getting a pug,people needing on stuff they can't use etc.

I think swtor would lose half or more of its subs if it stopped catering for pvp.

i think half or more is a bit much..but why cant bioware focus on both pvp and pve and make everyone happy. why do we have to essentially make bioware choose?

Well I do understand that the human factor is not reachable for everybody, Human Vs Human makes things a bit harder to accomplish since that evolves a total and dynamic reaction and not always same strategy as it does on PVE.

But hey I totally respect PVE Players just don't understand why do they Cry about PVP...Let PVP be on his corner like most PVP players let PVE for the PVEr´s.

If u don't like it just don't apply for it.

Regards,

Edited by Szadek

i think half or more is a bit much..but why cant bioware focus on both pvp and pve and make everyone happy. why do we have to essentially make bioware choose?

Because everyone wants to be the favorite. No one likes feeling like the red-headed stepchild. I guess it's just human nature that divides us. PVPers vs. PVEers, hardcore raiders vs. casual players, etc. etc.

The coin and items weren't the reason for the pvp, just a bonus. People now want something to get them off their duff to go actually do something, anything be it in pvp or pve. You keep saying it was a myth, but I and many others have experienced it, maybe you just missed out.

A bonus indeed, a carrot, a reason...... call it what you will.

There's never been mass open world PvP without the above, it is a myth.

If you think otherwise then by all means list the MMORPGs and dates this mass open world PvP used to occur.

Because everyone wants to be the favorite. No one likes feeling like the red-headed stepchild. I guess it's just human nature that divides us. PVPers vs. PVEers, hardcore raiders vs. casual players, etc. etc.

no CHILDREN want to be the favourite... you said it best.. no one likes to be the red headed step child.. fighting between pvp and pve is childish and silly.. bioware is trying atleast to make an attempt to cater to both pvp and pve..

I think there will be a solid percentage of the PvP community who will readily move on to the next game that caters to offers better PvP. However, I believe most of the industry has sort of dismissed the type of "open-world PvP" (player hunting) that many want as something they don't want to provide on the backs of those who get ganked. The model more and more is that you go to X area to do PvP, not endure PvP exposure as you try to do something else.

A bonus indeed, a carrot, a reason...... call it what you will.

There's never been mass open world PvP without the above, it is a myth.

If you think otherwise then by all means list the MMORPGs and dates this mass open world PvP used to occur.

Are you serious? Do you want times as well? Perhaps I should go back and list the names of people I PVP'ed with? Get real.

The skills aren't separated for PvE and PvP, and the past nerfs/buffs have been because of PvP- this in turn drastically affects PvE. It's a trade-off, and one will always suffer because of the other. No one can be happy, past games have proved that

What bothered me though was the "huge amount of resources", we've yet to hear any word on story content or when new companions (SGRA) are incoming, or even the plans they have for space, it's always Soon™ or 'we can't talk about that'; yet every time these guys open up their mouths it's "PvP this and PvP that and E-sport", it's just getting a bit ridiculous

Are you serious? Do you want times as well? Perhaps I should go back and list the names of people I PVP'ed with? Get real.

No just some examples or MMORPGs and rough dates. Should be easy enough if it was so prevalent. :)

Personally I think it was a myth, but it should be pretty easy to prove me wrong if it wasn't!

Edited by Goretzu

I played UO from beta in 1996 to 2000. The items were the ENTIRE reason for pvp heh. What other reason was there? There was no ranks no gear nothing.

you see... the world dont move to the beat of just one drum, what might be right for you may not be right for some.

Seriously though in phrasing that original post, did it even occur to you that for your theory to be correct you homogenized the entire pvp community into one stereotype? pvpers ruin games? is there some secret cabal where pvpers forced bioware to place pvp in a game that takes place during a galactic war that i don't know about? Cause if not its kind of hard to blame someone for ruining something they dont create.

this whole pvp ruins pve argument is a joke. Just because npcs dont post on the forums calling for nerfs doesnt mean certain classes that excel in pvp don't also excel in pve more so then other classes.

saying pvp or pve is better for an mmo is like someone giving you a quarter and telling you that you only want 12 and a half cents of it. Ill take the full value of the coin thank you very much.

Edited by goulet
typo

no CHILDREN want to be the favourite... you said it best.. no one likes to be the red headed step child.. fighting between pvp and pve is childish and silly.. bioware is trying atleast to make an attempt to cater to both pvp and pve..

Be honest with yourself, it's not just children. Even though you may deal with it better as an adult, being second or lower on the priority list is not fun. I do agree the whole pve vs. pvp thing is pretty childish though.

Edited by Ralev

The skills aren't separated for PvE and PvP, and the past nerfs/buffs have been because of PvP- this in turn drastically affects PvE. It's a trade-off, and one will always suffer because of the other. No one can be happy, past games have proved that

What bothered me though was the "huge amount of resources", we've yet to hear any word on story content or when new companions (SGRA) are incoming, or even the plans they have for space, it's always Soon™ or 'we can't talk about that'; yet every time these guys open up their mouths it's "PvP this and PvP that and E-sport", it's just getting a bit ridiculous

besides balance issues the only thing that is coming out for pvp is ranked warzones and they are delayed as well.. a new warzone came out but so did a new pve area..

so really pvp is waiting just like pve... its a trade off and ya both suffer. but it doesnt mean they cant both be good.

I played UO from beta in 1996 to 2000. The items were the ENTIRE reason for pvp heh. What other reason was there? There was no ranks no gear nothing.

Indeed.

As this got took away with later MMORPGs, it was replaced by RvR structures and instanced PvP (RvR or otherwise) and rank structures.

I can't think of a single MMORPG that had mass PvP (open world or otherwise) without some incentive behind it.

Edited by Goretzu

Why do people complain about PvP in swtor ?

Bad game balance after 1.2.

No Open world pvp

Almost no support if one wants to lvl up doing PvP.Get 10 times more XP, gear and credits by doing PvE.

What? Ilum is completely open world PvP is it not? Not to mention many of the lawless zones that dot the PvE atmospheres.

And where do you get the idea that PvP gets 10X more xp, gear, and credits?

I prefer to PVE, but I make a point of doing the PvP dailies specifically because it's easiest to get the best at level gear suited for me (PvE drops are usually not for the toon you role to encourage GTN/Hutt Cartel). It's also the only real place you can grind levels, and I say you level pretty darn quick. For example, I skipped all non-class Alderaan cause my computer hate's that planet, so I pvp'ed for a couple of sessions to make up for what would have taken easily 4 or mores sessions to complete on Alderaan.

Finally, credits?

It's easy to make gobs of money PvPing. WZ Medpaks/stims - bought with comms. Good gear at many tiers (30s excluded) are also bought with commendations. As a PvE player who crafts, I consistently have to play a few sessions of WZs to get enough creds to even level. I may get more creds from 1 quest than I do one WZ, but in the time it takes to complete one quest I can usually do 2-5 WZs. So for time vs reward, WZ dishes out a lot more than questing does. Now I've only played toons up to level 40, so I can't speak for higher levels. But 40/50 is 80% of the levels where PvP is definitely more "rewarding" than questing by the criteria you set.

Edited by Rhizoprionodon
grammer

Indeed.

As this got took away with later MMORPGs, it was replaced by RvR structures and instanced PvP (RvR or otherwise) and rank structures.

I can't think of a single MMORPG that had mass PvP (open world or otherwise) without some incentive behind it.

I ran an auction house and I used to hire pvp guilds to do security for my customers. Funny what people take for granted in games now.

What? Ilum is completely open world PvP is it not? Not to mention many of the lawless zones that dot the PvE atmospheres.

And where do you get the idea that PvP gets 10X more xp, gear, and credits?

I prefer to PVE, but I make a point of doing the PvP dailies specifically because it's easiest to get the best at level gear suited for me (PvE drops are usually not for the toon you role to encourage GTN/Hutt Cartel). It's also the only real place you can grind levels, and I say you level pretty darn quick. For example, I skipped all non-class Alderaan cause my computer hate's that planet, so I pvp'ed for a couple of sessions to make up for what would have taken easily 4 or mores sessions to complete on Alderaan.

Finally, credits?

It's easy to make gobs of money PvPing. WZ Medpaks/stims - bought with comms. Good gear at many tiers (30s excluded) are also bought with commendations. As a PvE player who crafts, I consistently have to play a few sessions of WZs to get enough creds to even level. I may get more creds from 1 quest than I do one WZ, but in the time it takes to complete one quest I can usually do 2-5 WZs. So for time vs reward, WZ dishes out a lot more than questing does. Now I've only played toons up to level 40, so I can't speak for higher levels. But 40/50 is 80% of the levels where PvP is definitely more "rewarding" than questing by the criteria you set.

I said PvE

Get 10 times more XP, gear and credits by doing PvE

:)

And it's true.