FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

ktkenshinx

Not soon enough.. AND limited transfers (you can bet they will pick & choose which servers they will allow transfers to/from) alone won't be NEARLY enough. There are too many servers - they need to do SERVER MERGES.

Incorrect. Server merges will not happen.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then this game is as good as dead. In 3-4 months there won't be enough subscribers left to make it profitable and EA will be looking to pull the plug or switch to a F2P w/ cash shop model. Just wait and see.

this is closer than everyone thinks. This game is bleeding subscribers.

Then this game is as good as dead. In 3-4 months there won't be enough subscribers left to make it profitable and EA will be looking to pull the plug or switch to a F2P w/ cash shop model. Just wait and see.

I'm risking being called "Captain Semantic" again, but just want to make sure you understand that when James Ohlen said "NO MERGES", he was talking about actual server merges, not transferring and shutting down low-pops.

Transfer/shut-downs are not merges, and are likely what BioWare is going to do to reduce the number of servers.

And again here you are playing semantics and talking in circles, why do you spend all day long trying to squash other people's valid concerns? We all pay for this product right? Why can't we voice our concerns without you jumping all over us?

A merge in rational and logical terms means to combine people from lower populated servers into one bigger. more populated server, the significant different between a merge and a transfer is with a merge we get to keep things like guilds while those are disbanded if we transfer.

I asked you a direct question that I see you dodged, why not a merge? Who knows better what the active population numbers are than BW? Who knows best how many more people can fit on another server than BW?

We need leadership, not chaos to control the flow of people off of dead servers and onto better ones. How does a single person know what server to move to? What if we just swap all over the place and it all stays the same?

If we need to get to a specific place, then we need those with the most knowledge of the destination (healthy populations) to lead us to that goal using their greater knowledge of what the numbers are and where they need to be, this is only possible if they directly do merges.

He is absolutely correct, and you are incorrect. There will be no mergers. Crying about them over and over again in this terrible thread (seriously, Bioware, lets not let it continue to another iteration) is not going to change that fact.

If this upsets you, the door is just over there ------------------------->

character transfers = people may choose a server that is (probably) medium populated to go to = the light pop servers are empty = server shutdown = less servers = a server "merge(?)" (as in a way of saying that anyway, it will reduce amounts of servers)

atleast there will be less servers and the medium pop servers will become filled with more people. that's the way I see it (and probably the most logical)

Edited by Mythic_MK_II

They need to get it out the door asap, not in 2 months "early summer".

Now that the 1.2 frenzy and free trial has passed, numbers are down again, it's looking grim. At this exact moment, 95% of europe servers are Light, 1 is Heavy (Tomb), and the few that remain are Standard.

They need to get it out the door asap, not in 2 months "early summer".

Now that the 1.2 frenzy and free trial has passed, numbers are down again, it's looking grim. At this exact moment, 95% of europe servers are Light, 1 is Heavy (Tomb), and the few that remain are Standard.

I'm willing to bet real money that "early summer" was worst-case scenario. Time will tell, but if it happens before then, then BioWare can be taught! :p

If "Early summer" is after june 18th they wont have my sub to count towards their "1.7m" unless ofcourse they give out another free month which was a good idea because i would have alreay been gone if it wasnt for the free month.

If "Early summer" is after june 18th they wont have my sub to count towards their "1.7m" unless ofcourse they give out another free month which was a good idea because i would have alreay been gone if it wasnt for the free month.

I don't blame you. I mean, unplayable is unplayable. If there's no one there, and you don't want to solo, the game is unplayable. Simple as that.

I do hope it's sooner than later, for sure.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

I agree if its not out by end of june i will be gone as well. Not because i dont like the game because i do. But because im tired of not being able to get flashpoints and ops runs with noone on to do them with. when between 6pm and 11pm theres never more than 40 people on the fleet its a problem.

One they seem to have the mentality of keep putting it off maybe it will go away.

From the 4/27/2012 Q&A:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-april-27th-2012

And again...

Big news for the SWTOR community, especially those on low population (and super high population) servers. I am personally very pleased that BW is making this first wave of transfers free; good costumer service move on their part.

No exact ETA on the date of these transfers, but I imagine that "Early summer" means sometime in June.

Read carefully.. "to certain servers" meaning they are still doing whatever the **** they want with your character unless you pay.

Read carefully.. "to certain servers" meaning they are still doing whatever the **** they want with your character unless you pay.

That's right. Which is much better than trusting this community to wisely avoid Heavy and Very Heavy servers, which would result in half the servers being FULL with queues, while the other half are barely STANDARD.

Yep.Big start, big fall.They are missing their chance to make it done, right now.

First, I see people making blanket statements like 'no mergers' when they are not ultimately in charge of what will happen. Perhaps Bioware will take a look at what is involved and the possible outcomes and revise their plan. We don't know so flatly stating any given path to population problem fixes is all speculation at this point. Personally I don't care how Bioware does it, as long as I can get to a server that has a population large enough that I can PUG HM flashpoints on when desired. Right now that is rarely possible on Hanharr imperial side.

Second , people are using the actual calendar date for the start of summer. Again we don't know if Bioware is referring the the specific start of summer or not. A lot of people say the 'summer season' starts with Memorial Day weekend. Hell in Florida university spring semester is over this week and their summer break starts on May 5th. At best set a timeframe you are willing to wait and stick to it. If Bioware can't meet that, then perhaps you should cancel your account or reevaluate your game situation.

First, I see people making blanket statements like 'no mergers' when they are not ultimately in charge of what will happen. Perhaps Bioware will take a look at what is involved and the possible outcomes and revise their plan. We don't know so flatly stating any given path to population problem fixes is all speculation at this point. Personally I don't care how Bioware does it, as long as I can get to a server that has a population large enough that I can PUG HM flashpoints on when desired. Right now that is rarely possible on Hanharr imperial side.

Actually it was James Ohlen who said "No merges". But that's not the same as a transfer/shut-down.

Second , people are using the actual calendar date for the start of summer. Again we don't know if Bioware is referring the the specific start of summer or not. A lot of people say the 'summer season' starts with Memorial Day weekend. Hell in Florida university spring semester is over this week and their summer break starts on May 5th. At best set a timeframe you are willing to wait and stick to it. If Bioware can't meet that, then perhaps you should cancel your account or reevaluate your game situation.

I agree with this.

I already did both, my sub is canceled and I have reevaluated my game situation, I was thinking about TERA.

He also said "We want to make sure players feel like there are enough players on their server to play with.” HAHA HAHA.Well IMO it doesnt look like that way.Infact they are doing the opossite.

Edited by Emdix

That's right. Which is much better than trusting this community to wisely avoid Heavy and Very Heavy servers, which would result in half the servers being FULL with queues, while the other half are barely STANDARD.

i would rather wait in a queue. then have 4 people on the fleet during prime time.

Succinctly put Mallorik. And its not because i somehow "dont like the game". I dont like playing on a fracking ghost town.

im hoping 2 more people sign into the fleet then i may be able to put together a operation group.....

seriously content doesn't matter if you can't play with anyone

Ok, lets login together..... ready? One two three.... go!