PVP War Leader or Vindicator gear?

Galtin

Since 1.2 I've been bouncing around between DEF, VIG and FOCUS specs trying to decide which one I like best. So far I've been buying nothing but BM Vindicator gear since it supports both VIG and FOCUS builds. What I've been trying to decide is if there is any reason to buy War Leader gear, especially if I switch back to Defense build. Based on my understanding of how defensive stats function, Shield % and Absorption % are pretty much worthless in PVP since they don't protect you against yellow attacks. I think the same is true of Defense rating but not certain. If someone could clarify exacttly how those defensive ratings help you in PVP I would appreciate it.

The one obvious bonus of War Leader gear in PVP is that it has more Endurance on it but with Vindicator gear you do more DPS and kill opponents faster so that offsets the loss in Endurance for the most part. As t stands right now I'm planning to keep buying Vindicator pieces but if that is not a good idea please let me know.

Thanks

I am 1/2 way through gearing up the Battlemaster set. I chose the war leader gear. Then I read a post in the PVP forum saying that the PVP defence gear was 2 shades above useless. I am disappointed :(

Don't know what to think. Seems strange why they put a defence set in when shield and absorb don't seem to work on most player damage types or crits. I suppose from now on I should collect the Vindicator ones and maybe swap out the shield absorb mods on the Warleader and keep the defence ones. Assuming that the defence stat works.

I think perhaps gear is the most important factor in this game not the spec.

Edited by Midden

Well.. I've been using all war leader gears except for helm, gloves, greaves and boots. They are vindicator for me to get 8% healing from guardian leap and 5 sec 10% damage bonus just after force leap. I took out warleader defensive mods and put them into vidicator gears, that way i removed unnecessary stats from vindicator mods for tanks like accuracy. I keep accuracy at 99% no more no less. I ended up grinding pvp gears for both vindicator and warleader and spent credits :rolleyes:

Right now I am aiming for PVE defensive gear mods to replace pvp mods but as to keep expertise around 1,000 and sametime grinding for warhero gears and/or look for augmented chestplate and saber.

Would like to have inputs from you guys whether I do it wrong, thanks in advance !

Go for the set you think suits you best to be honest. Then swap some mods around.

Personally, I dropped some of my set bonus in the Battlemaster gear and swapped it into some cooler looking orange gear and I've not been effected in any large way without a 4 set bonus.

2 war leader, 2 vind, mix up the rest as you see fit. Suggest you double up on the non chest pieces so when you get battlemaster stuff you can use any random orange that you like the look of as your bp and move the mods over without worrying about losing a set bonus. Edited by Polebreaker