Someone explain the LFG tool hate?

Perfidius

Being hand held tends to do this but I have a feeling a lot of players don't even know that an LFG tool does exist right now :confused:

We know it exists (which you very well know) and we've used it (which you also by now know very well) and it has failed (again as you very well know).

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People, for the most part, want to group with people in their own server. Sure there may be some people who don't care, but I think the majority falls into the former category. A cross server LFG tool wouldn't really appeal to these people since the people they would be playing with would, in all probability, never be seen or heard from again.

So what about a LFG tool that works only in your own server? Well that is redundant because if people in your server don't want to group with you then why would their minds change just because there is a grouping tool?

People, for the most part, want to group with people in their own server. Sure there may be some people who don't care, but I think the majority falls into the former category. A cross server LFG tool wouldn't really appeal to these people since the people they would be playing with would, in all probability, never be seen or heard from again.

So what about a LFG tool that works only in your own server? Well that is redundant because if people in your server don't want to group with you then why would their minds change just because there is a grouping tool?

um...so yeah welcome to the forums, guessing you haven't checked the site at all or read anything about the upcoming features...but a couple of points:

A) There already is a Same Server LFG tool coming out in a couple of months or so.

B) You can't comment on what the majority want because it's impossible for any player to know that for sure.

People want to group to run Flashpoints. It doesn't matter where the people come from.

LFG tool with an X-server toggle, people.

Don't know why we're still arguing when we should be teaming up now to ask BioWare for it. The community is split enough on this for it to work. No need to be afraid that too many people would toggle X-server "OFF" and you won't get a group.

I'm done.

I try and try and try to LFG to do Flashpoints while sitting around doing NOTHING in the Fleet, only to logout 30 mins later in frustration.

I'm unsubscribing until a LFG Tool is implemented to assist with formation and queuing of FP groups. PVP has one, so why can't there be one for PVE?!!

Yeah I did Alts as well. Guess what? They end up sitting around looking for FPs as well (at all levels). Basically it's just a solo experience without an LFG Tool. Guilds don't solve this issue either. Even our relatively large and busy guild doesn't provide the so called "community" needed for group FPs as getting folks together to do things at the same time doesn't work well.

Lame.

I'm done.

I try and try and try to LFG to do Flashpoints while sitting around doing NOTHING in the Fleet, only to logout 30 mins later in frustration.

I'm unsubscribing until a LFG Tool is implemented to assist with formation and queuing of FP groups. PVP has one, so why can't there be one for PVE?!!

Yeah I did Alts as well. Guess what? They end up sitting around looking for FPs as well (at all levels). Basically it's just a solo experience without an LFG Tool. Guilds don't solve this issue either. Even our relatively large and busy guild doesn't provide the so called "community" needed for group FPs as getting folks together to do things at the same time doesn't work well.

Lame.

I'm sick of the complaints about there not being a LFG tool.

Server mergers and LFG tools by themselves will NOT revitalize SWTOR. Why? There is no INCENTIVE to sign in and do anything frequently, especially for 50s. Looking for group to do WHAT that is worth while???

You combine two servers with people who don't have incentive to sign in at least daily, and you end up with NOTHING new.

What you need to do is provide that incentive. And you need it quick. So, do like WoW does, and make the HM FP daily quest worth doing. Many people have skipped some or all of the HM FPs...most them who have done HM FPs have done BT a zillion times over just to get the daily done. And no wonder people are bored!

You must up the ante for doing HM flashpoints. This would add huge incentive to do them. The HM daily quest reward should be increased and scaled to the difficulty of the heroic completed--and should include Rakata and Black Hole tokens as appropriate:

The Black Talon: Keep as-is, "LFG quick daily BT HM" in General Chat makes my stomach turn!

Boarding Party: Add 1 Rakata token

The Foundry, Directive 7: Add 2 Rakata token

The Battle of Ilum, The False Emperor, Kaon under Siege: Add 1 Black Hole token

Lost Island: Add 2 Black Hole token

If people log in daily, it will help revitalize the economy as well.

I'm sorry, but I am puzzled by all the people claiming that mergers and/or a LFG tool will fix things.

What I describe is a QUICK and effective fix. It would take the developers a few days. No waiting until 1.3.

Server mergers and LFG tools by themselves will NOT revitalize SWTOR. Why? There is no INCENTIVE to sign in and do anything frequently, especially for 50s. Looking for group to do WHAT that is worth while???

You combine two servers with people who don't have incentive to sign in at least daily, and you end up with NOTHING new.

What you need to do is provide that incentive. And you need it quick. So, do like WoW does, and make the HM FP daily quest worth doing. Many people have skipped some or all of the HM FPs...most them who have done HM FPs have done BT a zillion times over just to get the daily done. And no wonder people are bored!

You must up the ante for doing HM flashpoints. This would add huge incentive to do them. The HM daily quest reward should be increased and scaled to the difficulty of the heroic completed--and should include Rakata and Black Hole tokens as appropriate:

The Black Talon: Keep as-is, "LFG quick daily BT HM" in General Chat makes my stomach turn!

I'm sorry, but I am puzzled by all the people claiming that mergers and/or a LFG tool will fix things.

What I describe is a QUICK and effective fix. It would take the developers a few days. No waiting until 1.3.

So, when everyone gets their tokens sooner than designed, where's the population that will do them after that for the up-and-comers?

Carrot on a stick my friend. Give the carrot too soon, and it's gone.

LFG tool with an X-server toggle, people.

Don't know why we're still arguing when we should be teaming up now to ask BioWare for it. The community is split enough on this for it to work. No need to be afraid that too many people would toggle X-server "OFF" and you won't get a group.

Consider me signed on JC! :) Though I might still reply to the occasional person who says LFG isn't needed/kills communities etc. ;)

I still can't get over is that there are still people saying we don't need an automated LFG (Single or Cross server) and then we find out the game has lost 25% of its subscribers...

Suppose that's just a coincidence then?

Not saying lack of a decent LFG tool is the main reason for so many people having left, but it's certainly a contributing factor.

People can stay blind to the problems, doesn't mean they're not there.

I still can't get over is that there are still people saying we don't need an automated LFG (Single or Cross server) and then we find out the game has lost 25% of its subscribers...

Not saying lack of a decent LFG tool is the main reason for so many people having left, but it's certainly a contributing factor.

So SWTOR lost 25% of people who needed to be handheld, not a big loss.

I beleave it is a main reason. Not the only one..but right up there at the top of "Reasons not to resub to TOR".

I beleave it is a main reason. Not the only one..but right up there at the top of "Reasons not to resub to TOR".

Well it was certainly the main reason for a few people I've known who quit. They were in a Guild but on a quiet server, and so it was difficult to get a group. They rolled on a busier server and then were faced with the problem of trying to get a mid-level group and so just got bored of it.

So SWTOR lost 25% of people who needed to be handheld, not a big loss.

I know, you keep saying crap like that. I am sure BioWare cares. Good thing you donot work for them.

On a side note...this Sat evening...at prime time I used what you call a good LFG tool such as flagging myself as : "Looking for group for any level 50 Flashpoint" waited for a hour and never got a single bite. The only other one on Fleet, who said anything about wanting to run a Flashpoint, was a player who wanted to run a lower one. This is what is killing this game. It is great fun leveling, experencing the story line..etc....but once you hit 50, your done with that char. Worth the purchase price to play as KOTOR3, but in it's present state, not worth a monthly sub, month after month.

Edited by Valkirus

If they don't add a robust LFG tool then this game will be down to less than half a million subs in 4 months. The Legacy patch sucked. They should have started focusing on server merges and LFG 3 months ago. BioWare is going to destroy their own game if they don't wake the hell up. I'm not even logging in anymore because I can't run the game's content. If they don't do something about it then they will lose me as a sub as soon as my free month runs out.

Wow lost atleast the same amount if not more at US and EU - guess what, they have a LFG ;)

Edited by RachelAnne

Wow lost atleast the same amount if not more at US and EU - guess what, they have a LFG ;)

I see what you're trying to do, but unfortunately there are big differences in which you can not compare. But nice try! You can put your blinders back on and pretend there's no problems.

It would be fun, if you (after the Flashpoint finishes or a player leave) could rate from 1 to 5 every other players you ran with.

So, when you join a FP you can see the [1 - 5] Rating of each player. Maybe you can even search a group only with (for example) 4+ rating players (There would be a lot of complications though).

This way, people will be afraid to do bad things

Oh HELL NO.

There is zero reason for jackhats to *not* abuse such a system. Flashpoint run goes fine, troll rates everybody a 1 and then leaves. Just Because He Can.

You can't give anonymous players the freedom to be complete bungholes in groups, and then expect them to be responsible. "Delaying" the accountability just doesn't work. Either they're always accountable (e.g., no cross-realm groups so that they have a reputation to protect) or they never are (e.g., WoW).

LFG tool is coming. Mergers are never going to happen, not until this game is really tanking (which it is not, despite the chicken little's around here).

I don't know if the tool will fix things for everyone, but I know it will for me, and a lot of people in this thread.

I know, you keep saying crap like that. I am sure BioWare cares. Good thing you donot work for them.

On a side note...this Sat evening...at prime time I used what you call a good LFG tool such as flagging myself as : "Looking for group for any level 50 Flashpoint" waited for a hour and never got a single bite. The only other one on Fleet, who said anything about wanting to run a Flashpoint, was a player who wanted to run a lower one. This is what is killing this game. It is great fun leveling, experencing the story line..etc....but once you hit 50, your done with that char. Worth the purchase price to play as KOTOR3, but in it's present state, not worth a monthly sub, month after month.

LOL, he's the energizer bunny of the old school purists. But I find his posts amusing even when they're eyerolling.

And great example of how the current tool 'works great.' As I said in another thread, last night there were only 65 people on fleet at peak on my imp server that had been consistently up to 150-180 over the past month. I hope that was an anomaly. I'll check after work tonight. Speaking of which...catch ya'll later! ;)

6 months in and TOR loses 25% and most of them are CASUALS. Comparing subscription loses with WoW at this point is ridiculous. WoW is a 7 year old game. People leave an old game for a variety of reasons. WoW will get more subscriptions with their new expansion too, they always do.

The loss of casuals this early on says one thing, lack of features. Hardcore players need continous content. Casuals need features.

They lost them after Cata released, long after LFD was implemented. But let's not allow facts to get in the way of a good argument ;)

Who needs facts when you have blind opinion!

WoW is a game that has been going for about 7 years, it lost about a million players this last year who mostly cited (on poles found on various sites) that their reasons were because of boredom with the repetitive content.

Quite a bit different from a brand new game losting 25% of players, a few who have cited their reasons as being not getting to actually play the content.

Edited by chaosdefined

So, when everyone gets their tokens sooner than designed, where's the population that will do them after that for the up-and-comers?

Carrot on a stick my friend. Give the carrot too soon, and it's gone.

Perfect metaphor usage.

As for new population, there will always be new people buying the game, the question is how long they stay...and how long the current population hangs around.

What do you mean "sooner than designed?"

The effect of 1 or 2 tokens a day better damn well be behind the release curve of the next content/tier patch. It would take more than a month to get even a Rakata/BH implant, and several months to get armor. If anything, my reward suggestions are meager.

The problem is there is NO carrot for all these complaining 50s, and the stick, well...it is up the (deleted) of the developers. This game is missing a critical aspect that WoW has, and no LFG tool will help. LFG tool do do WHAT? (no carrot = no reason to sign on)

RE: My previous post:

Edited by Mustelidaen