Someone explain the LFG tool hate?

Perfidius

I am going to bite... Can you then please explain HOW implementing a LFG tool will damage the overall gaming experience?

Read the post above you. Two of us have. It has been explained a number of times in this thread but those of you who insist that a cross server LFG represents some sort of panacea refuse to digest it and simple continue rattling on with hyperbole and conjecture coupled with straw man representations of the opposing viewpoint so as to keep your argument alive. Honestly, I believe at this point you just like to argue as your all over the place here. ;p

Either way, it is now a moot point as the development team concurs with the findings I've represented here and have clearly stated that there will be an enhanced LFG tool, there will be server transfers, mergers, but there will not be a cross server LFG.

Have a good day everyone.

Edited by Blackardin

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One additional thought too...

Community in an MMO is built when players cooperate for things like world PvP, end-game content, server events, world bosses, faction v faction etc....not knocking off some 20 minute instance.

People aren't walking around saying "Gee, what a great server I'm on. Me and 3 other people banded together and really plowed through Hammer Station. Good work everyone".

Server community is nothing special. It's like your neighborhood, you're stuck living with those same people. Back in the day these were the people you had to socialize with. But technology has allowed us to socialize beyond that proximity.

Is the server community that special? The people on your server are the same type of people in these forums. It's not a block party. You have friends and you have enemies. The LFD Tool is a technological advancement that allows you to socialize beyond your server. It connects you with people who share one thing in common - they all want to GROUP UP.

It has been explained a number of times in this thread but those of you who insist that a cross server LFG represents some sort of panacea refuse to digest it and simple continue rattling on with hyperbole and conjecture coupled with straw man representations of the opposing viewpoint so as to keep your argument alive.

ROFL... this is possibly the best double talk herp derp post I have seen in a few years...

We digested your assertion that x-server will destroy the community...

We regurgitated back up it as total BS seeing as there is no community to ruin...

As for the rest of your use of the thesaurus to try and drown the under educated in big words and catch 22 phasing...

All I see is a person trying to lord his questionable education over others while using the exact tactics (hyperbole and conjecture) he is accusing the other side of the debate of using...

There is no evidence you are correct, there is no evidence that I am correct. This is why there is a debate, and it is open for you or I to use conjecture and hyperbole... nice try though bud!

The main problem here is that you cant explain to someone who doesnt care about server communities why a set feature will harm that community. It been explained many times in this thread, but people still ask. blinders Edited by DigitalPrime

Either way, it is now a moot point as the development team concurs with the findings I've represented here and have clearly stated that there will be an enhanced LFG tool, there will be server transfers, mergers, but there will not be a cross server LFG.

Have a good day everyone.

Just as BW stated that a LFG tool would never be in game at all? In MMO's, it's all subject to change.

I for one have only ever done one FP that was not a level 50 FP. Everyone in my guild was at different levels or capped already and getting through a FP by having a group that out levels the content is not enjoying said content.

Planet pops are to low with and even lower amount of folks wanting to run a FP. Standing on the fleet spamming is not paying the game and does nothing to make me feel more connected to the server "community".

Anyways it's all been said by others already.

I do not want a cross server LFG but I do want server wide. That's way we can still police the community and find people we enjoy grouping with all while doing dailies, farminging etc.

The main problem here is that you cant explain to someone who doesnt care about server communities why a set feature will harm that community. It been explained many times in this thread, but people still ask. blinders

I guess people could use some actual proof? There are plenty of LFG tools in various games, yet all the examples I have seen can be and have been explained with something else just as well.

The main problem here is that you cant explain to someone who doesnt care about server communitiy why a set feature will harm that community.

Actually the main problem is that there is no community...

Please do not misunderstand me, I truly wish that there was a community.

I loved the fact that as a skilled hunter back in BC I could get 3 or 4 invitations to group just by logging in and saying "Hi" in general chat because I knew how to aggro/trap and MD/FD pull and could dps with the best of them.

Sadly those days are LONG gone... and we must move forward with what the MMO gaming community is now...

There are no server boards where you can get to know each other.

There is no interaction on fleet.

There is no grouping or pug raids.

There is no world PVP where you can develop a name to the other side and become someones nemesis and have your name go down in perdition as a hell of a PVPer...

There is no recount where anyone grouped can say: "damn you hit hard bro!" and tell their buddies your name.

The majority of people just want to do the content and/or get to end game quickly.

There is nothing to promote this community a few of you continue to talk of...

There WAS an overall Star Wars community pre launch... but once people began to go to different servers and guilds and find cliques to hang with while leveling... the community as it was, disappeared.

Are there a handful of people that still believe in a community? Sure there are.

Are there Indians in the rain forests that still believe the earth is flat? Sure there are.

Get the point?

The main problem here is that you cant explain to someone who doesnt care about server communities why a set feature will harm that community. It been explained many times in this thread, but people still ask. blinders

And I've also explained why those pro LFD people are wanting the tool so bad. Just by the way they post who would want to group with them. They need to be anonymous

I guess people could use some actual proof? There are plenty of LFG tools in various games, yet all the examples I have seen can be and have been explained with something else just as well.

Oh yeh, th'e old "link please" cliche. Its like relying on that magic button to find a group for you. Without it, its impossible.

Edited by DigitalPrime

It's actually the other way around. The anti-LFDers are denying people on their own server a tool that would help them find groups. The pro-LFDers aren't denying you anything. You are still welcome to spamming General Chat with "LFG."

One group is holding their community hostage, the other is not. Whose harming the server community again?

I loved the fact that as a skilled hunter back in BC I could get 3 or 4 invitations to group just by logging in and saying "Hi" in general chat because I knew how to aggro/trap and MD/FD pull and could dps with the best of them.

Sadly those days are LONG gone... and we must move forward with what the MMO gaming community is now...

There is no world PVP where you can develop a name to the other side and become someones nemesis and have your name go down in perdition as a hell of a PVPer...

There is no recount where anyone grouped can say: "damn you hit hard bro!" and tell their buddies your name.

The majority of people just want to do the content and/or get to end game quickly.

There WAS an overall Star Wars community pre launch... but once people began to go to different servers and guilds and find cliques to hang with while leveling... the community as it was, disappeared.

Are there a handful of people that still believe in a community? Sure there are.

Are there Indians in the rain forests that still believe the earth is flat? Sure there are.

Get the point?

This is your experience though, Not everyones.

And I've also explained why those pro LFD people are wanting the tool so bad. Just by the way they post who would want to group with them. They need to be anonymous

Who would want to group with them? How about everyone who wants to find a group? That's the issue and the solution is a X-server LFD. The tool brings players who want to find a group together. Now, if you can't handle playing with strangers than whose the player that really doesn't want to socialize?

It's actually the other way around. The anti-LFDers are denying people on their own server a tool that would help them find groups. The pro-LFDers aren't denying you anything. You are still welcome to spamming General Chat with "LFG."

One group is holding their community hostage, the other is not. Whose harming the server community again?

Grouping is getting sorted, BW have stated server transfers which will help the population issue, And an overhawl of the current LFG tool.

Who would want to group with them? How about everyone who wants to find a group? That's the issue and the solution is a X-server LFD. The tool brings players who want to find a group together. Now, if you can't handle playing with strangers than whose the player that really doesn't want to socialize?

Maybe you should read the dev tracker. All your issues have been addressed. Just not with a x-server system.

Get the point?

My opinion exactly.

Oh yeh, th'e old "link please" cliche. Its like relying on that magic button to find a group for you. Without it, its impossible.

What is the problem with magic buttons? Plenty of people are happy with a magic button in their cellphone to call their friends, even though they dont understand technically how it works, and even though it destroys the pre-phone culture where people actually travelled to meet each other or wrote letters.

Maybe you should read the dev tracker. All your issues have been addressed. Just not with a x-server system.

You see, I've actually had experience with a same-server tool. It won't help. Sure, with the free transfers we may have 4 heavy servers instead of one (Fatman), but all other servers will still have issues finding groups. And just having a Heavy server doesn't promise anything. The X-server Tool finds people who want to group and brings them together, regardless of what time of the day, morning or night it is.

What is the problem with magic buttons? Plenty of people are happy with a magic button in their cellphone to call their friends, even though they dont understand technically how it works, and even though it destroys the pre-phone culture where people actually travelled to meet each other or wrote letters.

Abit of advise. Dont play street fighter, It has many combos to learn.

Ill use a game, you use a cellphone.

Ofc 80% will not see endgame content. They dont want to work for it. Dont want to join a guild.

Dude, do you even read what people are saying? I am sure I have put in more single player time prepping my toon for new content than you have, I worked very hard, and because of no fault of my own I can't experience anything new. All there is to do for 80% of the lvl 50's is endless dailies and no hope of ever seeing endgame content.

It has nothing to do with joining a guild, there is nobody actually playing the game to party with and put 8 people together no matter if you are in a guild or not.

I just sat for an hour spamming for a group and we had a total of 3 people wanting to get a group together. With a LFG tool those 3 can combine with 2 from another server and 3 more from a third server and go play the game together. Withut the tool those same 8 people get tired of never being able to do the other content and wonder why they are paying $15 dollars a month for a single player game.

The problem you guys miss is the MM is missing from this MMO.

I am starting to see a bit of a trend.

I also like to think of myself as an open thinker and someone that will look at both sides. I may have been a tad short sided because my experience with the "community" aspect of the game is a certain way.

The anti x-server crowd is stating that using LFG will cause the downfall of the community and by osmosis the game.

Is there anything that supports this claim?

I do not mean personal opinions, I am setting aside my own and ask you to do the same for a moment and lets see if we can find something, anything that tell us that a LFG tool will destroy the game.

Is there a developers post that states this?

Are there any reports from the gaming companies that use these tools in their games that show this or even suggest it?

Are there quarterly reports on subs that point to the LFG tool as the cause of lost subscriptions?

Are there mass exodus's of specific games that can be linked to LFG ruining the game for the masses?

Is there anything at all to show that the assertion that LFG will ruin the game is true?

Edited by Jaxarale

Is there anything at all to show that the assertion that LFG will ruin the game is true?

It all depends on your definition of "ruin". For the Elitists, this will "ruin" the game because casuals get to have a chance at getting the same great gear they have, and that is not to be allowed. The LFG tool will hurt the big powerful guilds because they will no longer rule and control their servers through their control over who gets to go on endgame content.

All of the people saying WoW was suddenly transformed into a mess after LFG was added are simply being untruthful. I have witnedded the entire WoW lifespan and the most abusive times were before the LFG tools and the all powerful Guilds lording over everyone else. Ninja looting was made an artform by the big guilds, they simply took whatever they wanted from runs because in their minds, without them, the runs would not exist anyway.

I don't want this great game to be ruined by the Elitists.

Appart from the fact we already have a "LFG tool" that most people don't seem to know how to use...

It's cross server stuff that most people don't want as it ruins the community of a server, like it did in wow. The bigger the pool of people, the more anonymouse everyone is. You can't friend someone you will most likely never see again. It's not healthy for an MMO.

Edited by NasherUK

Abit of advise. Dont play street fighter, It has many combos to learn.

Ill use a game, you use a cellphone.

Different tools for different purposes. Atleast my smart phone can play street fighter. Can your game make phone calls?