Server transfer VS Server merging

TwitchingFiber

I think BW should merge low population servers before they offer server transfers. Reason being is that some people cannot afford to pay extra money to transfer servers. Also, with the transfers people will be all going to a few main servers and the people that can't afford to switch will be stuck on a server that has even less people now. Then what are they supposed to do? Yeah they can re-roll, but not everyone cares to constantly level new chars.

Not sure why BW wouldn't just do that first...I guess cause if they merge they won't make any extra $$.

What I honestly think is that they wanted to put the fate of the player's characters into the PLAYERS. But they don't have your experience. They don't realize what all the consequences will be. maybe, just maybe, we could have explained these things to them and they could have considered their actions from the eyes of their players, but thanks to the endless trolling and complaining, the few of us who look at this fairly, calmly, and maturely, are lost in the noise.

I wondered the exact same thing. They've put all this time and effort into implementing and forcing Legacy on us, and then they offer only character transfers to/from specific servers? Seems like they didn't even think this through. Unless they offer the full 8 character transfers for free, I for one will unsub. Which makes me really sad because I like this game a lot. But they shouldn't have forced Legacy on me and then simply done character transfers instead of merging all low population servers.

Simply because merges mean "the game is dying" is not grounds to do this to a monthly paying customer.

This is assuming they don't offer me all 8 character transfers for free, if they do I retract all negative comments. So here's to hoping they're smart about it!

Edited by ItsMattsFault

This is assuming they don't offer me all 8 character transfers for free, if they do I retract all negative comments. So here's to hoping they're smart about it!
Considering the Asia-Pacific transfers allowed all eight characters to be moved for free, there's a good bet the population-based transfers will allow the same. I don't know how the rumors that this wouldn't be the case got started, but they bear no basis in historical fact or developer statement.

Good thing they're free.

Okay, even if they're free that doesn't change that some people will still be stuck on extremely low populated servers if they don't transfer. What if people or away on business or on a trip and won't be here for the transfer window? Do they just get the shaft and are forced to re-roll on a bigger populated server or stay on the one they are one that's even lower populated now?

With everything said, merges first would be more beneficial to ALL players before transfers.

There's no reason to believe the population based transfers will be temporary, though. If they are a permanent option, there is no issue.

In short, wait and see how it's implemented. After that, if you perceive issues, you cam bring them up. Making suggestions on the basis of imagined issues, as you are doing now, serves no purpose and simply wastes resources.

Hello everyone!

We're going to close this thread as a number of others are being used by the community to discuss the topic of server population at the moment.

Server Population is GROWING!

Server population is dropping...

FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

When will there be a "SERVER MERGE?"

Feel free to continue this discussion in one of the threads listed above!