Bioware gutted my server (APAC xfers)

Kuroyo

It's unfortunate though, snce The Jekk'Jekk Tar was the unnofficial LGBT server, just like Proudmoore was on Warcraft. I wonder where they all went now?

They/we are all still there, minus the Aussies. As far as I know, there is no secondary LGBT server that people are moving to. Some of us, like the OP, are eyeing the highest population servers for transfers when they come out. However, there isn't any real organized push to make a new unofficial LGBT server.

That isn't to say things won't change once we know more about the transfer system they're going to implement.

Is anyone really surprised BW allowed this to happen? They should have given everyone on the server the option to transfer to either an Aussie server or another NA server, and then merged the remains with 2 or 3 other low pop servers. Yet another poorly thought out, lazily implemented program from BW.

As a person who also played on Proudmoore-PvE-US in Warcraft, I followed guild members' advice and rolled a character on The Jekk'Jekk Tar in early January.

I stopped playing the character at around level 20 since there were rumours that Australian servers would be opened and I knew that it was definitely not a good idea to stay there. Not saying it's your fault, just saying that I saw it coming :p

Lucky for you.

By that time I had a level 50, two level 15's and a level 30 something. During the first wave of downtime we had when the servers first opened I started leveling a new toon on Canderous Ordo because it was a high pop server without the huge population of TJJT, Swiftsure and Harbinger... but it's and east coast server and was lackluster during my hours played. I just couldn't bring myself to go through the same zones for the 6-7th time.

I brought two friends from another game to TJJT with me.. and I sort of feel guilty about it because I vouched for the server. One of them decided that he didn't like the game and bought an annual pass in that other game and the other is a solo player with an allergy to grouping with other people.

It's unfortunate though, snce The Jekk'Jekk Tar was the unnofficial LGBT server, just like Proudmoore was on Warcraft. I wonder where they all went now?

I think the LGBT population is suffering from the same thing that the game in general suffers from. After you hit level cap and go through that content a few times there's little to do unless you can find a dedicated group of people to play with. I have a few alts in the LGBT guild and the news link at the top SWTOR guild of the page is directing people to a post that reads "RTGC Launches Forum Home for Guild Wars 2." Meh.

This might come up in discussion. Yes, I know that TorStatus.net is not the most accurate source of data on the servers. But Bioware doesn’t share actual server populations and it is the best data metric that players have at their disposal for this info.

Any other servers in this situation?

The Harbinger seems to be the best option post-APAC Xfers. I don't know how hard they were impacted by the transfers--data seems to show that they're doing ok. What's the Imp/Pub ratio on the server? Are there any high PST activity oriented options Imp favored servers?

If you ignore status sites and even TOR's own server status page (because no one really knows what the hell any of their indicators equates to) take a look at Mask of Nihilus, a west coast PvE server. Peak pops are usually 175+ in fleet, 30 - 50 on the planets, and LFGs happen often. PUG ops (world boss ops as well) are common and the GTN rocks. It's the most active "standard" server I've played on and the community is pretty tight. Edited by GalacticKegger

So with this in mind how come situations with empty servers and what the OP is talking about occur? Apparently there is a system in place to allow people to move to another server but BioWare is dragging their feet for some reason. I have a hard time buying into any statements that suggest there is no technology in place since they already performed transfers. Let people move where they want over the course of a week, close down empty servers, and consolidate the player base. /endstory

Bingo. Jekk Jekk took a major hit along with others and they have the capability to fix the issue but have chosen to drag their feet as they did on so many basic functions that werent available at launch. Guild banks not in at launch? Come on.

Anyway back on topic, the need to enable transfers or consolidate servers asap or they will bleed subscriptions at an ever increasing rate. Ilike the game and mmo's but the lack of business sense in this business is mind boggling.

We raided on JJT the night before server transfers kicked in. As we left KP there was 16 on the fleet. 8 of those were us. Pretty sure we saw tumble weeds.

Dalborra topped 300 on fleet the other night.

JJT is not going to be much fun now.

We raided on JJT the night before server transfers kicked in. As we left KP there was 16 on the fleet. 8 of those were us. Pretty sure we saw tumble weeds.

Dalborra topped 300 on fleet the other night.

JJT is not going to be much fun now.

So you guys need more servers and we need less. :(

So you guys need more servers and we need less. :(

Nah, server population for the OZ servers is perfect. Don't change a thing. There is a little wait time during peak times, but the rest of the time the load is spot on. Its nothing like the wait time during the first days of the US launch. 10-15 mins max.

You need a little full server peak time action to balance out the offpeak times.

Here's a suggestion, play on an Aussie server if it means so much to you when you play at time like 2-5am PST.

You probably wont because you want the lower ping? :p

That's why we transferred over ;)

Here's a suggestion, play on an Aussie server if it means so much to you when you play at time like 2-5am PST.

You probably wont because you want the lower ping? :p

That's why we transferred over ;)

We actually seriously considered this, but yes, 250-300ms ping isn't pleasing. None of us think that you shouldn't have been given your own servers, it's just that Bioware handled this in such a half-assed way. They really should have had some sort of plan on what to do with us leftovers from the Aussie exodus. :(

Edited by ironix

Going to show some support to this thread, i am on JJT and it took a major hit when the Aussie's left. I'm hoping Bioware sees this issue and when server transfers happen ours is one of the destinations for people to come. It was a great server before and still decent, its just a little disheartening to see the server population split in half all of a sudden.. :(

They really should have had some sort of plan on what to do with us leftovers from the Aussie exodus. :(

They've intended to have transfers for everyone else once the AP players were transfered to Oceana servers so they would know where the remaining players were at, but they had to transfer them before they could transfer anyone else. To do it any other way would have been poor planning on their part.

They've intended to have transfers for everyone else once the AP players were transfered to Oceana servers so they would know where the remaining players were at, but they had to transfer them before they could transfer anyone else. To do it any other way would have been poor planning on their part.

Yes, but their plan is "summer" sometime, which could mean September for all we know. In the mean time, there are many of us who have to live on these gutted servers.

250 people on the republic fleet on Dalborra last night, it was laggy just trying to run around, so I'll let you have some of the aussies back.

Actually there were more players than that. Don't forget phasing and how many players are actually outside your phase.

Also this: http://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af30/GhoXen/Screenshot_2012-04-29_22_06_24_637068.jpg

I haven't seen it since launch, and I was pretty happy to see it. :D

Edited by GhoXen

Yes, but their plan is "summer" sometime, which could mean September for all we know. In the mean time, there are many of us who have to live on these gutted servers.

They said "Early Summer", so it probably won't be as late as that.

Finally they were very successful with the Oceanic transfers all things considered. I haven't seen anyone complaining about failures in the transfer process. Since the APAC transfer was sort of a beta for larger scale transfers, with this success in mind it's more likely that global transfers will happen sooner than later.

Finally they were very successful with the Oceanic transfers all things considered. I haven't seen anyone complaining about failures in the transfer process. Since the APAC transfer was sort of a beta for larger scale transfers, with this success in mind it's more likely that global transfers will happen sooner than later.

Yes, Bioware was quite successful in cleaning up their own mess in this regard. :p

We'll impatiently and loudly wait until they get around to helping the leftovers of this wonderfully successful operation.

There were a few glitches, but all in all things went ok. But remember there was still a lot of the process that was done manually (thus the reasons for the glitches). That is why they are saying "early summer", they are still working on an automated way to handle the entire process.

There were a few glitches, but all in all things went ok. But remember there was still a lot of the process that was done manually (thus the reasons for the glitches). That is why they are saying "early summer", they are still working on an automated way to handle the entire process.

Lets hope they mean the meteorological definition of summer and not the North American standard that is defined by the summer solstice. If it is the former, we may have to wait a month or two. If it is the latter, we could wait up to 3 months.

hey isnt it great the americans miss us .... :) but yea i'll be keeping my les than 50 latency over here ... got sick of some nugget beating me in PVP when i was sitting on average 250ms & having them think they were just great ...:o

There's just no real PvP guilds on the Harbinger and if there is, they sure aren't making themselves known. Its tiring to know how many times I've rigged a door, expertly distracted an enemy team to just be foiled by own team being retarded and not capping or getting the ball. Or the Powertechs running around trying to dps instead of separating the enemy team apart so healers can be destroyed or not pulling ball carriers into the fire. The amount of times I want to nerd rage at my team is stifling and dismaying.