New Maintenance Hours?

geekFro

***Edit***

My apologies, I will admit that I missed the part about the holiday, guess this is what I get for multitasking at work and browsing the forums. Not a selfish American here, so cheers to them on their holiday!

Edited by geekFro

Please say these will not be the new maintenance hours. Starting at 10pm PST is terrible, so please don't make this the new norm.

If you read what they actually wrote, it's a one time thing out of respect for EU holiday.

It was a nice thing for them to do IMO, and I'm a west coaster.

Please say these will not be the new maintenance hours. Starting at 10pm PST is terrible, so please don't make this the new norm.

yeah please make the maintenance always the same hours, always fitting in the schedule for your US costumers. you only have costumers in the americas, and they pay more too!

If you read what they actually wrote, it's a one time thing out of respect for EU holiday.

It was a nice thing for them to do IMO, and I'm a west coaster.

I work in the IT service industry. There is no reason they can't....

A) Do maintenance at a truly dead time, like 4:00 AM. Midnight is far too early. I've never seen an MMO that patches so early, other than for emergency reasons.

B) Do maintenance on European servers and North American ones (or any other region for that matter) at times appropriate for the region in which they are situated..

It would just be to troll Americans who told everyone else to "get a life"

As an American, I support you in your efforts.

Too many Americans are selfish, and don't give a rats southside about the rest of the world. It's embarrassing sometimes.

Awe is some Americans getting all sad now after the all the comments of its an "American" game so it should be "American" times now tables turned and the game is infact working with other country's who pay for the game the Americans are moaning Awe Poor Poor Americans must be so hard for you lol

First time ive Eva said this but BW Thank you so much for understanding the needs of others who pay for the games needs and time zones:D

Ah well didn't know that. Here in the UK and that, ours is next Monday. :)

Heh, it was a new one to me as well when I moved here. Seems like there are holidays every week almost. Now why I didn't move here back when I was still working...doh!

Nice gesture on BW's part. Thanks, guys!

I've said it in every thread like his I've posted in.

Split.

The.

Patch

Times

Up.

I'm really getting tired of missing ~2 hours of playtime every Monday night, and now tonight basically getting none. And I feel for Asia/Australia or whomever misses out on even more regularly. It isn't neccessary. It doesn't have to happen.

I'd be willing the bet the number of people upset from missing time due to shared patch times is far greater than the number of people wanting to play on servers from different regions who would be unable to play while the regions are "out of sync".