Star wars and DCU double battles EP.1

Aurbere

Before we start there are some ground rules to work out first.

First: all matchups I make will try to be as fair as possible where hopefully one side wont have an overwhelming advantage.

Second: Try to keep on topic, There will be plenty of matchups.

Third: For your votes to count you must include a reason as to why your pick would win not just "oh this team would win because this guys awesome and can do this and that. Try to be fair and balanced.

Fourth: All votes will be taken and counted up to page five. The victor will be announced on pages five or six.

So let's get started. We're coming out of the gates with a titanic brawl of epic proportions when Luke Skywalker teams up with Superman to face Darth Sidious and Darkseid.

The battle will be fought on Tatooine where Luke and Sidious are engaged in combat when Darkseid arrives through some sort of portal, followed by Superman. Darth Sidious and Luke use the Force to determine the intentions of these two unknown individuals. Luke teams up with Superman and Sidious with Darkseid.

The lines are drawn in this duel to the death. Who wins? You decide. The battle begins!

Edited by Aurbere

Luke has godlevel plot armor (as in he can never ever die, ever:(.).

Via stronger plot armor Luke somehow manages to win in an extremely contrived and unrealistic manner.

Well, let's just take plot armor out of the equation. Then who do you think would win?

I'm not entirely sure who would win between Superman and Darkseid, but both Luke and Sidious are killed or incapacitated very quickly once this battle begins.

Superman and Darkseid far outclass the two Force users.

If I had to choose, I'd say that Darkseid defeats Superman after an extremely close fight.

I'm not entirely sure who would win between Superman and Darkseid, but both Luke and Sidious are killed or incapacitated very quickly once this battle begins.

Superman and Darkseid far outclass the two Force users.

If I had to choose, I'd say that Darkseid defeats Superman after an extremely close fight.

That's an expected outcome with the force-users in this fight. I wanted the first matchup to be the best of both universes fighting eachother.

If Lukes over 9000 plot armor is gone then it is a fairly easy win for the dc boys here. DC universe runs on OPness, (nothing wrong with that, i still love it), witch makes any of these fights sorta unfair.

Mavel Universe Vs Starwars might be more interesting.

If Lukes over 9000 plot armor is gone then it is a fairly easy win for the dc boys here. DC universe runs on OPness, (nothing wrong with that, i still love it), witch makes any of these fights sorta unfair.

Refering to one of my previous posts: We are removing plot armor from the equation. The matchups are based on power and skill not plot armor. Think of it being in an alternate universe where we don't know what could happen.

I'll probably do Marvel and star wars later.

Edited by Aurbere

Deadpool vs. Everybody? :D

But seriously, I hope Marvel and DC have another crossover, and I hope they get a neutral writer in there to do a GOOD Deadpool vs. Deathstroke fight. Someone preferrably that isn't biased towards either character, but still knows how to pull off Slade's cool calm persona as well as Wade's over-the-top humor.

Deadpool vs. Everybody? :D

But seriously, I hope Marvel and DC have another crossover, and I hope they get a neutral writer in there to do a GOOD Deadpool vs. Deathstroke fight. Someone preferrably that isn't biased towards either character, but still knows how to pull off Slade's cool calm persona as well as Wade's over-the-top humor.

I will be doing Marvel and Star wars double battles after we're done with DCU. But that might be a while. Lots of matchups.

Ok, now. Plot Armor out the window...

I say it goes down like this: Sidious and Darkseid have a moment of mutual loathing, since Darkseid sees an idiot in robes that looks like a wrinkled old fool. Sid sees a guy made of rock with glowing red eyes, and understands true power for what it is, finally. By the time Luke and Supes arrive, the Omega Beams have already vaped Sid and sent him tumbling back to the dawn of time....

Superman and Luke see the grease spot where Sid was standing and rethink their position. Darkseid is NOT in the mood, so he sends an Omega beam at each of them. Luke, not being NEARLY fast enough, gets vaped and sent back with Sid. Superman, flying so fast he dodges around Darkseid and his own Omega beam hits him. Superman then travels back in time to where Luke is holding Sid off, and fries Sid with some heat vision. Winners: Luke and Supes.

Ok, now. Plot Armor out the window...

I say it goes down like this: Sidious and Darkseid have a moment of mutual loathing, since Darkseid sees an idiot in robes that looks like a wrinkled old fool. Sid sees a guy made of rock with glowing red eyes, and understands true power for what it is, finally. By the time Luke and Supes arrive, the Omega Beams have already vaped Sid and sent him tumbling back to the dawn of time....

Superman and Luke see the grease spot where Sid was standing and rethink their position. Darkseid is NOT in the mood, so he sends an Omega beam at each of them. Luke, not being NEARLY fast enough, gets vaped and sent back with Sid. Superman, flying so fast he dodges around Darkseid and his own Omega beam hits him. Superman then travels back in time to where Luke is holding Sid off, and fries Sid with some heat vision. Winners: Luke and Supes.

Now that first paragraph was hilarious, but yes we do have to consider rivalries in the teams.

Ok, since this is supposed to be taken seriously, I will go at this from previous matchups between the contestants that I have seen in the past.

Luke and Palpatine are going at each other when Superman and Darkseid arrive on the scene. I'm guessing by what was said, Darkseid arrives in one of his Boomtubes with Superman pursuing him.

From what I would guess, Luke and Palpatine are probably squaring off, having tested the lightsaber skills of one another, finding each other to be a match. Each is sizing up the other to find an opening for some form of attack with the Force.

Darkseid arrives with Superman hot on his heels. The two Force users are momentarily distracted from one another due to the loud boom associated with the Boomtubes. They see Darkseid land, Palpatine looks to Luke and sees him staring at the new arrival, takes the opportunity to send some Force Lightning hurtling towards Luke when Superman appears from the rapidly closing Boomtube and flies directly into the path of the Force Lightning.

Darkseid sees Superman hit with the Force Lightning and shoots him with his Omega Beam to capitalize. Luke sees this and uses the opportunity to fry Palpatine with Electric Judgement, Superman survives the onslaught and launches an attack against Darkseid. The two exchange blows which cause craters to form. Palpatine lies unconscious in the wake of their destructive tussle and is crushed under the pressure of one of their exchanges. Luke gets sent flying by the force of one of their punches and slams into a newly formed outcropping of stone.

Luke lies unconscious as the brawl between Superman and Darkseid comes to a head. Superman realizes he can't defeat Darkseid without drastic measures, he grabs the behemoth and flies him up in the air, once he gets to the edge of the atmosphere, he turns toward the ground and flies directly towards it at top speed. A mile above ground, Superman lets go and pulls up, slamming Darkseid head first into the solid ground, shattering it.

Superman sees Luke lying lifeless on the ground and in sorrowful rage, begins flying rings around Tatooine in the opposite direction of it's rotation and reverses time to before Darkseid hits the ground and rescues Luke. Darkseid hits the ground, shattering it again and the two Do-gooders stand triumphant over their fallen adversaries.

Ok, since this is supposed to be taken seriously, I will go at this from previous matchups between the contestants that I have seen in the past.

Luke and Palpatine are going at each other when Superman and Darkseid arrive on the scene. I'm guessing by what was said, Darkseid arrives in one of his Boomtubes with Superman pursuing him.

From what I would guess, Luke and Palpatine are probably squaring off, having tested the lightsaber skills of one another, finding each other to be a match. Each is sizing up the other to find an opening for some form of attack with the Force.

Darkseid arrives with Superman hot on his heels. The two Force users are momentarily distracted from one another due to the loud boom associated with the Boomtubes. They see Darkseid land, Palpatine looks to Luke and sees him staring at the new arrival, takes the opportunity to send some Force Lightning hurtling towards Luke when Superman appears from the rapidly closing Boomtube and flies directly into the path of the Force Lightning.

Darkseid sees Superman hit with the Force Lightning and shoots him with his Omega Beam to capitalize. Luke sees this and uses the opportunity to fry Palpatine with Electric Judgement, Superman survives the onslaught and launches an attack against Darkseid. The two exchange blows which cause craters to form. Palpatine lies unconscious in the wake of their destructive tussle and is crushed under the pressure of one of their exchanges. Luke gets sent flying by the force of one of their punches and slams into a newly formed outcropping of stone.

Luke lies unconscious as the brawl between Superman and Darkseid comes to a head. Superman realizes he can't defeat Darkseid without drastic measures, he grabs the behemoth and flies him up in the air, once he gets to the edge of the atmosphere, he turns toward the ground and flies directly towards it at top speed. A mile above ground, Superman lets go and pulls up, slamming Darkseid head first into the solid ground, shattering it.

Superman sees Luke lying lifeless on the ground and in sorrowful rage, begins flying rings around Tatooine in the opposite direction of it's rotation and reverses time to before Darkseid hits the ground and rescues Luke. Darkseid hits the ground, shattering it again and the two Do-gooders stand triumphant over their fallen adversaries.

That's an interesting way for the battle to go down. Seems like Luke and Superman are going to win this one.

Well, I'm taking it as Luke after he has become Grandmaster of the Jedi Order, meaning he is more powerful than Palpatine.

When Superman doesn't have to hold back for fear of innocents being harmed, he has never lost to Darkseid.

That would be why it went down the way I said. If you had said a much more densely populated planet, or maybe in the middle of Anchorhead or Mos Isley, it may have played out differently.

Well, I'm taking it as Luke after he has become Grandmaster of the Jedi Order, meaning he is more powerful than Palpatine.

When Superman doesn't have to hold back for fear of innocents being harmed, he has never lost to Darkseid.

That would be why it went down the way I said. If you had said a much more densely populated planet, or maybe in the middle of Anchorhead or Mos Isley, it may have played out differently.

He actually has lost to darkseid in JLU. Lex Luthor stepped in and saved him though by giving Darkseid what he wanted the life equation.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

He actually has lost to darkseid in JLU. Lex Luthor stepped in and saved him though by giving Darkseid what he wanted the life equation.

Because NOBODY kills Superman besides Lex Luthor. Yes, he's THAT obsessed with doing it himself. :)

Each battle in this series is going to take place in different areas with different fighters. I thought this battlefield would be a good first for the series, but later on we'll be seeing more types of battlefields.

That's not actually disproving my point. One, there were innocent people around. All over Metropolis. Two, Superman, like every other Savior of Earth*, is never truly defeated while his allies draw breath. I also like the fact that Darkseid only had him that close to defeat due to using some new toys I can only imagine he gained from his defeat of Brainiac.

* Saviors of Earth: Every hero whose power increases with the difficuly of the current bad guy. One example being Goku.

Each battle in this series is going to take place in different areas with different fighters. I thought this battlefield would be a good first for the series, but later on we'll be seeing more types of battlefields.

I gathered that. My only point is that the outcome of the fight often times is affected as much by the location as the combatants themselves. Superman is one combatant who is not willing to harm innocent bystanders. He will actually sacrifice himself to save them. With the fight in an empty locale such as Tatooine, Superman can fight without holding back. Put him in a city and he's going to try to protect the innocents instead of fighting to win.

I gathered that. My only point is that the outcome of the fight often times is affected as much by the location as the combatants themselves. Superman is one combatant who is not willing to harm innocent bystanders. He will actually sacrifice himself to save them. With the fight in an empty locale such as Tatooine, Superman can fight without holding back. Put him in a city and he's going to try to protect the innocents instead of fighting to win.

This first battlefield was meant to put the fighters in an area where they can fight at their best. So yes Superman didn't have to hold back.

Edited by Aurbere

I thought Superman lost to Darkseid once and then some other JL member saved him. I'm a bit rusty on some of my DCU facts.

I thought Superman lost to Darkseid once and then some other JL member saved him. I'm a bit rusty on some of my DCU facts.

As stated, he has lost to Darkseid, when there are innocents around that could get hurt. Other than that, Superman doesn't lose to Darkseid. As much as it pains me to say.

As stated, he has lost to Darkseid, when there are innocents around that could get hurt. Other than that, Superman doesn't lose to Darkseid. As much as it pains me to say.

Superman went all out against Darkseid during that fight and he still lost, the innocent people thing has nothing to do with how the fight played out.

Starts at 5:25

I quote from Superman. "I feel like I live in a world made of card board, always taking constant care not to break something, to break someone. Never allowing myself to lose control, even for a moment or someone could die, but you can take it can't you big man? What we have here is a rare opportunity for me to cut lose, and show just how powerful I really am."

Edited by Wolfninjajedi