"sentis/maras op since 1.2!!!" LOLWAT

Eszi

They say the average HUMAN (Most classes) use 20% of thier muscle ability.

They say the average RETARDED HUMAN (DPS Scoundrel/Op) uses 40% of thier muscles capability.

They say an APE (Shadow/Assassin Tank spec) Uses 80% of thier muscles capability.

So if you see a RETARDED APE (Sent/Mara) YOU RUN!

Note: The scoundrel/op isn't OP @ all It was more of a observation of knockle heads that still play the dead class...poor DPS Scoundrels/Ops

You just insulted all retarded apes out there :D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lower UNdying rages duration to 3 seconds, or reduce all damage done while it's active by 50%. Currently it's a defensive cool down that's used for offense.

How's a skills that requires the user to lose 50% of his current HP a defensive cooldown? UD is clearly meant to give the class more damage time.

How's a skills that requires the user to lose 50% of his current HP a defensive cooldown? UD is clearly meant to give the class more damage time.

So the part where damage is reduced by 99% for 5 seconds is not defensive? You are probably right though. I mean if you have 16,000 health and pop this now you only have 8k health :( This is not defensive at all because there is no way anyone would be able to do more than 8k dmg in 5 seconds...

To be honest, no class should come close to mara dps. 3 skill trees and all for dps while every other class can heal or tank. If people want mara dps to be worse then the other classes then give us a healing tree.

What's funny is that a class with 16+ keybindings pretty much own 1-2 skills class-based or so called iwin button

and whats even funnier is that people rage/QQuing against them instead of L2P their class and learn how to counter their move what should be used first and what later on in a fight......and no guys bring a healer or get helped by someone else is not an option to consider that just makes u a noob relying on other to kill someone else

What's funny is that a class with 16+ keybindings pretty much own 1-2 skills class-based or so called iwin button

and whats even funnier is that people rage/QQuing against them instead of L2P their class and learn how to counter their move what should be used first and what later on in a fight......and no guys bring a healer or get helped by someone else is not an option to consider that just makes u a noob relying on other to kill someone else

I have an HDMI cable connected to my 55" tv and could fit your 1 sentence on a single. Your sentence is OP.

Most of the complaints I see aren't so much directed at Mara damage but the defensive CDs like Undying Rage combined with the high single target dps. Thats what people are annoyed over.

---

And I gotta say after reading a few pages, holy hell some of you maras are terrible. Seriously one guy is saying if I have 16K HP and pop UD I have 8K HP...what idiotic Mara uses UD at the start of a fight? lol

Its enough you're all in denial but then adding on "blissful ignorance"..come on. Anyone that PvPs know a Mara only pops UD rage at the end of a fight when you're both low. It becomes an automatic "IWIN" for the mara. There is no negative side-effect to using UD as low health since you're taking 1% damage. Add to it that you can pop a stim as well.

1000HP -> Hits UD Rage -> 5 secs of immunity (Pops Medpack/Rakata for 35% or 5KHP) -> Back upto 6KHP while the other guys had his health destroyed or killed since he couldn't finish you off. Not to mention you still have that cloak to vanish if you don't manage to finish him off.

---

Edited by Sinrei

And I gotta say after reading a few pages, holy hell some of you maras are terrible. Seriously one guy is saying if I have 16K HP and pop UD I have 8K HP...what idiotic Mara uses UD at the start of a fight?

---

I'm not a Mara and I didn't claim anyone was doing this. It was only figurative. It was to prove a point that this is a defensive ability.

The reason there wasn't much complaining about maras/sents before 1.2 is they weren't Fotm. They however were overpowered the entire time. Most of the Marauders you see are absolutely terrible at their class, but in the hands of a decent player they have too much damage for the survivability and utility they have. The ratio of bad to good players using marauders is still the same but the huge increase in numbers they got when focus got buffed for them meant quite a few decent players did pick up the class.

Don't get me wrong, the sent has the highest skill cap in the game, however being able to manage cool downs does not merit having maxed damage, maxed group utility, and maxed survivability. You need to sacrifice something to get the others, and the sentinal sacrifices nothing. That is the issue. While many people lose soundly to bad Maras/sents because they aren't good at PvP, there are many of who know how to play, and know how their class works think they need to be toned down a bit.

To the OP: I think you are just underplaying it to make your point, but if you think Pacify being off the GCD and not costing focus isn't that big of a deal you seriously need to reconsider classes because marauder is too high of a skill cap for you. It makes any class that relies on weapon damage impotent for 6 seconds and it is completely cost free. As a Vig spec guardian in those 6 seconds: I can't hit you with master strikes, I can't hit you with overhead strike, and I can't hit you with dispatch. In case you were wondering...those are my 3 highest damage attacks all rendered useless for 6 seconds. I have 6 abilites I can use during that time that won't miss: Force sweep, Blade storm, Force push, Force statis, Plasma brand and Awe. Most of the time, 2 or 3 of those are on CD.

To the poster talking about the undying rage: I've seen 2 Maras pop it back to back in a 2v1 against me from full health. My first target popped it so I tabbed to the other and as soon as I pushed him away for the leap he popped his as well, actually flipped over on to my imp toon after the match to get a friend of mine to yell at them for me lol.

TLDR: Maras/Sents were OP pre 1.2. The 1.2 changes caused far more players to roll them making them more common in warzones and people started noticing.

Hey there,

We do have a few threads already discussing this topic here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=435510

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=435004

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=435510

Feel free to continue the discussion in those threads as we'll be closing this one to keep things a bit more consolidated. Thanks!