The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Give us an idea of when we will receive email so we arent sitting here for 7 days.

ZombieCo

Little common decency is all we ask... Guess its not so common though eh?

So you need an email to tell you when you will get the email for early access?? Seriously... setup your email on a smartphone and when you get an email... check it, maybe it will be your early access. If not carry on with your life.

Telling us ahead of time would defeat the entire purpose of what they are doing here.

so .... Dec 20th you will be in if you don’t want to check periodically for access to SWTOR

You don’t need to know the exact moment ahead of time

you can go play with your blocks or something now

I'm under the impression that BioWare is trying their hardest to pass the information along. Things change. They're launching a huge game and have hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of people saying "gimmie gimmie gimmie." Be thankful we get early access at all. Or would you prefer to wait for 12/20? Because you can.

The idea behind not having a set schedule ahead of time is to allow for more flexibility. This will help the launch go smoother. If they had given everyone a time and date for when their early access would begin, then it'd be set in stone, and they couldn't adjust for issues that arise, or maybe even let people in earlier if things are going very well.

This way, if they really really like how its going, they could add another wave, or double the size of the next wave in. I understand the frustration, not knowing annoys me too, but IMO, its for the greater good.

i agree it's alright to wait.. i'd just kinda like a general timeframe. so i don't have to sit at the keyboard endlessly and i could do other things. even if the cable guy comes they tell you tuesday 8am to noon, or if you're taking your car for an appointment you get a time to show up so everything goes smoothly.

again im not angry or whining, just a bit more info would make the wait no problem at all, rather than uncomfortable and unfun.

I agree. They should have just told every exactly when their Early Access will start, from the start, the way they did with the Beta. All day I'm going to sit here and refresh cause I don't know when they're sending out the waves of invites or when i'm getting in.

I would at least like to have a consistent stream of Waves, like one per hour for example. It seems it will be random though.

On Facebook it shows

1st Wave - Aprox 5 Hours ago.

2nd Wave - Aprox 4 Hours ago.

3rd Wave (1 more to go?) - Approx 1 Hour ago.

Bonus Wave - Approx 1 minute ago( Still 1 more to go).