Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend. SWTOR or GW2, what do you prefer?

xeenz

you know ps2 had good graphical games right? its ok to look like that.

Its funny that you can use the terms fanboy/trolling now because GW2 fanboys have been trolling SWTOR forums since launch. All I can say is thanks for funding our mmo.

I don't discredit SWTOR, I had a fantastic time with the game, don't regret buying it. But for me its time is spent, the world is static and just not that interesting to play in anymore. I am ready for a new chapter in MMOs, that being a more dynamic world, that is what Guild Wars 2 is going to provide. I am a leveling MMO player, end game raiding or doing the same daily quests every day are things I do not like, so I spend my time leveling different characters, doing the highest level small group dungeons for a little while. But over the years I have grown tired of the static worlds and have found myself only play MMOs for about 3-6 months, just because of the static worlds.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to say it but after a while the voice acting in SWTOR is more of a hassle.

Now that I have a few 50s I find myself space barring through EVERYTHING -- even other classes stories I've not seen. When beta hit I was the first to defend how amazing the voice acting was... now I really see things from the other perspective and it's not that great... it might even be more of a detriment to the game in the future.

I strongly disagree; I have several 50's and I love the voice acting even the side stories I find interesting....unlike GW2 I found that voice acting to be cringe worthy at best...which was a major let down because the video's that Anet showed us made it appear like they were getting these top notch Hollywood voice actors...instead of the local Drama club.

I don't discredit SWTOR, I had a fantastic time with the game, don't regret buying it. But for me its time is spent, the world is static and just not that interesting to play in anymore. I am ready for a new chapter in MMOs, that being a more dynamic world, that is what Guild Wars 2 is going to provide. I am a leveling MMO player, end game raiding or doing the same daily quests every day are things I do not like, so I spend my time leveling different characters, doing the highest level small group dungeons for a little while. But over the years I have grown tired of the static worlds and have found myself only play MMOs for about 3-6 months, just because of the static worlds.

well gw2 certainly doesnt offer a dynamic world. based off my experience in the beta weekend..... its pretty run of the mill.

How many times u can run EV or any other FP before its gets boring 10, 20 or 100? what next? 4 WZ? 7out of 10 is Huttball. PvPers dont give a S@#$t how much PvE content is there. Its just something to help with lvling or spend time looking for good PvP.

PvPers don't do PvE content? Then why don't they just do arena-style games? Why play an MMORPG if you're never going to do the RPG part of it?

I never actually claimed GW2 had ps2 graphics. You all should really read more clearly. someone said it has ps1 graphics, i then commented maybe he means ps2

oh really?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=4193455&postcount=113

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=4193548&postcount=128

Clearly you didn't say that Guild Wars 2 had the graphics of a PS2 game :rolleyes:

PvPers don't do PvE content? Then why don't they just do arena-style games? Why play an MMORPG if you're never going to do the RPG part of it?

because........wait for it......

maybe........

just maybe.......

people dont enjoy the pve in the game there playing and perfer the pvp

i know,this may come as a shock

I strongly disagree; I have several 50's and I love the voice acting even the side stories I find interesting....unlike GW2 I found that voice acting to be cringe worthy at best...which was a major let down because the video's that Anet showed us made it appear like they were getting these top notch Hollywood voice actors...instead of the local Drama club.

Yeah i agree I got 2 50s and soon 2 more and i Still enjoy it. I skip some quest like standard quest fetch this and kill these often in alien langue, but other than that I do listen to all dialogues.

Edited by ZaRree

because........wait for it......

maybe........

just maybe.......

people dont enjoy the pve in the game there playing and perfer the pvp

i know,this may come as a shock

Except people say it has... wait for it...

wait for it....

weak PvP.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jett-Rinn

well i guess if there doing cutscenes and voice acting.they must of not researched the areas of mmos they researched good enough.sw tor is a example of how your average player appreciates cutscenes,they just want to smash there spacebars as hard as they can and race to the finish

That's really good actually. I'm glad there are players out there that enjoy the voice acting because they've added it to this game at a very high production cost. No one is denying that SWTOR has the better voice acting, I just personally don't think it's necessary, and it is not a feature I enjoy/need to have fun in a game.

I'm worried that moving into the future it's going to keep their production costs high for new content -- and the new content will be hit/miss with players like me that would rather just spacebar.

Except people say it has... wait for it...

wait for it....

weak PvP.

im sure its a hell of alot better then the trash they call pvp in star wars the old republic

im still waiting for the what was it "best pvp team"that bioware said they hired in,i guess they must of been late to this mmo and had to send the backup scrubs to do the pvp

yes I said that afterwards and I do think gw2 has ps2 like graphics.

If it helps, I think swtor is only a little better than ps2 level graphics.

well gw2 certainly doesnt offer a dynamic world. based off my experience in the beta weekend..... its pretty run of the mill.

Not every event has a branching system to it, some events are just on a timer. Other events have a branching dynamic to it, but right now everyone and their dog is in the same place so events really don't have much chance to fail or to branch to a different direction. Later on in the game when the population is more spread out, then you will start to see the branching events. Doesn't take long for the populations to spread out, it took what, a couple of months with SWTOR. When people are starting their alts after having played through 80 levels with their first character, the chances of them seeing a really different zone and events as compared to their first time will be pretty high, even though there will be some events that have already done, but they will see lots of events they have not.

well))) its nice to have an open world, ride mount, enjoy the live scenery)))

That's really good actually. I'm glad there are players out there that enjoy the voice acting because they've added it to this game at a very high production cost. No one is denying that SWTOR has the better voice acting, I just personally don't think it's necessary, and it is not a feature I enjoy/need to have fun in a game.

I'm worried that moving into the future it's going to keep their production costs high for new content -- and the new content will be hit/miss with players like me that would rather just spacebar.

they already stated it wouldnt hurt content additions. Plus most people actually prefer the story element rather than spacebaring

they already stated it wouldnt hurt content additions. Plus most people actually prefer the story element rather than spacebaring

To be fair by people you mean "some people" enjoy it. Not everyone enjoys it; some players are more like me and just want to get into the action. We don't need a 2min cutscence to tell us why we are collecting/killing/clicking 10 things... especially for mundane planet quests/FP that you've already seen.

In games like SWTOR I enjoy rushing to 50 to start the endgame progression. The story based questing just gets in the way of how fast I can take another character to the endgame. I don't see the value in wathcing cutscence because it will slow down how quickly I can get to the part of the game I enjoy.

im sure its a hell of alot better then the trash they call pvp in star wars the old republic

im still waiting for the what was it "best pvp team"that bioware said they hired in,i guess they must of been late to this mmo and had to send the backup scrubs to do the pvp

I very much doubt that any game would have PvP that suited you. Your attitude reeks of dissatisfaction in general and I am betting you will be the first one crying about PvP on the GW2 forums.

what we managed to c in GW2 this weekend is not even 10% of it release content. Plus graphic settings were not build-in in this beta client. So most of them where set on medium or even less).

PvE content didnt look great compared to SWTOR apart from dynamic events.

PvP on the other hand looks like it got so much more on offer.

I very much doubt that any game would have PvP that suited you. Your attitude reeks of dissatisfaction in general and I am betting you will be the first one crying about PvP on the GW2 forums.

He'll have to get in a very long line if he wants to cry about GW2's PVP.

Yeah that's one thing I really missed in GW2 ....no mounts

With all the spawn points they have built in, and the ability to travel out an instance immediatly, (instead of walking all the way back swtor style), you dont need mounts. I have been playing beta all weekend and i never had that feeling of "waht a long walk". In GW2 they manage to keep it a game in the right places.