{Healer} Pvp Advice

Fyrepony

Before 1.2 I was the generic lightning/madness spec nothing special or interesting. After 1.2 I read how nerfed we had become so I just did not play for several weeks. But Monday I choose to play again and specked 100% healer. So here is were it gets fuzzy.

Long story short I am normally 1-2 on healing at the end of the WZ, and with all luck the outer team will not mark and focus me over and over. So my death count is usually under 2-3. But I do not 100% force bending. I know it changes the values of the heal that comes after it proccs, but it seems like in a WZ you do not have time to choose to heal, you just have to use what ever is not on cool down. It just seems rather chaotic and almost unplanned. Can some one point out the logical rotation or progression. It just seems like the big heal, Dark mending I think has a really long cast time, so usually if the guy your healing is under 50% hp, it does not seem to help. Example...

(Target A) has 45% hp. You bubble the target, use the channeled heal, he gets to 50% or so cuz he is still taking damage. So do you Burn the instant heal? Or do you try for a dark mending? It seems like you just have to burn every thing and hope he has some kind of defensive cuz when the fight is over its like you did not gain any hp in the process of healing (target A)

I am just trying to learn here, I have never done healing before and I just want to be useful, it seems like I am on the right track, but at the same time the rotations seem so illogical.

Imo your example is hard to answer accurately, as there are so many other factors in pvp.

My best advice would be to keep pvping, and healing, and you will come across something like your scenario many times. Try different tactics and you will learn what works best for your playstyle.

If i need to get someone up immediately I will bubble, prevents immediate damage, I then blow both my relic and my adrenal and pop recklessness then spam Dark Infusion twice for 4.8-5k range. then proceed to innervate.

Obviously this don't work so hot if your being targeted/interrupted.

Completely depends though on the targets gear and defensive cool downs. If hes in recruit, centurion or champion hes probably going to get melted pretty quick.

Edited by TheLordMaster

Personally I go alacrity, use bubbles and resurgence as much as i possibly can and spam dark infusion with innervate as next in line if interrupted or literally no time to cast a heal, gives u then a second long dark heal for those real emergencies as well but that will tear your force apart, consumption when its free and ur not on full force and keep a resurgence ticking on you to heal it if possible. you will find electric bindings are a godsend as you can get off a whole dark infusion during that time or get completely round a pillar.

problem i have with going crit/surge it once ur innervate is stopped you have nothing that will heal ppl in time apart from dark heal, which means you will be running out of force very very very quickly and your also probably still not outhealing the dmg! With 20% alacrity I can pump out enough dark infusions to keep people alive whilst keep my force up and not have to worry about interrupts, also it lowers the gcd when you cast dark heal so at least it has some occasional use and isnt purely gimping you xD

I know there is a fair amount on this forum saying alacrity is useless and all that but half a second really does count alot when healing in pvp, esp as sages are now, and the ability to use a low cost high health heal in time to save someone is kinda nice! Just my thoughts on the matter :)

I'm lv 43 full heal spec with a little madness.

If you can manage to stay the hell out of direct melee combat you will turn the tide of any fight.

Once you get targeted your screwed, end of story. 1vs1 fights you will loss.

Edited by Ittoryu

I'm lv 43 full heal spec with a little madness.

If you can manage to stay the hell out of direct melee combat you will turn the tide of any fight.

Once you get targeted your screwed, end of story. 1vs1 fights you will loss.

Depends on how good a healer you are, and how bad an attacker they are. I've managed to take down a couple of people 1-on-1 as healer spec. Granted, it doesn't happen often, and I am usually Sith Paste, but it can happen.

Before 1.2 I was the generic lightning/madness spec nothing special or interesting. After 1.2 I read how nerfed we had become so I just did not play for several weeks. But Monday I choose to play again and specked 100% healer. So here is were it gets fuzzy.

Long story short I am normally 1-2 on healing at the end of the WZ, and with all luck the outer team will not mark and focus me over and over. So my death count is usually under 2-3. But I do not 100% force bending. I know it changes the values of the heal that comes after it proccs, but it seems like in a WZ you do not have time to choose to heal, you just have to use what ever is not on cool down. It just seems rather chaotic and almost unplanned. Can some one point out the logical rotation or progression. It just seems like the big heal, Dark mending I think has a really long cast time, so usually if the guy your healing is under 50% hp, it does not seem to help. Example...

(Target A) has 45% hp. You bubble the target, use the channeled heal, he gets to 50% or so cuz he is still taking damage. So do you Burn the instant heal? Or do you try for a dark mending? It seems like you just have to burn every thing and hope he has some kind of defensive cuz when the fight is over its like you did not gain any hp in the process of healing (target A)

I am just trying to learn here, I have never done healing before and I just want to be useful, it seems like I am on the right track, but at the same time the rotations seem so illogical.

You always want to have Force Bending up before an Innervate. I try to keep Resurgence up on myself and one other person at all times. If the player had 2+ people attacking them I would Extricate them, this will remove them from the melee and ideally pull them out of LOS/range of the ranged attackers. Chances are this saved a lot more damage than you could have healed. Then follow up with Resurgence and Innervate. If I feel I can keep someone alive through damage I do the following: Resurgence, Innervate, Recklessness, Dark Infusion, Dark Infusion, Bubble, Resurgence, Innervate. Don't forget that sometimes stuns/snares can negate a bunch of potential damage as well. Purge will also remove most of the Marauder/Sentinel damage. Good melee will kite if taking lots of damage, bad melee will just stand there, you have to know who you are healing and what you can get away with. One thing to keep in mind though, is there isn't a true "rotation" for pvp, you have to quickly analyze each situation and decide on what will work best.

Heres the solution

20 lightning spec , 21 corruption.

Your teammate at 45%

you bubble him

you cast resurgence

bubble expires and flashbangs the attackers (backlash), as a result he takes 5k less dmg

when the attackers see you healing teammateA, they switch to you

when the bubble on you expires, they get flashbanged again

you still have "electric bindings" and stun to deal with them

best way to heal is "not having to heal" in the first place.

you now have "lightning effusion" too

- if you need mana you attack with Force Lightning to get 50% off 2 heals

- and... you can sprint -10sec cd

my only question is: how can you stand 2min fights without draining your force? :D changing life for force in the middle of a fight where any decent player will target you doesn't seem like a good option. Kiting, yeah, but with so many casts ?

my only question is: how can you stand 2min fights without draining your force? :D changing life for force in the middle of a fight where any decent player will target you doesn't seem like a good option. Kiting, yeah, but with so many casts ?

20Lighting

:Lightning effusion

You basically Force Lightning channel attack opponent to proc a crit

... Next 2 Casts are 50% off

this is better than or comparable "consumption pre 1.2

Not to mention the survival improvements. Offered by Backlash, Electrical Binding

Most 31corruption don't live long enough to have mana problems