Considering "naga" mouse. Help?

Solaras

So im lookng to get a naga mouse but the 12+ button beasts look intimidating. The "hex" looks like a good way to get in to the naga without feeling like i have to completely drop the 20+ keybinds trained to my left hand that ive gotten so comfortable with.

Any suggestions//tips/advice on making the transition or the naga models themselves would be greatly appreciated!

Save your money and use the keybinds if you are comfortable with them. The mouse looks cool but you will need to retrain your fingers into hitting other keys.

Unless you really want to spend the money then by all means it can be helpful when you get used to it and other games can be configured to the mouse also.

I have a naga 12 button and I think its great. The side buttons are a little small and it takes a bit of getting used to. Buttons 7-12 can ne a challenge and even after a couple months I fins myself on the wrong row, but more practice will help that. Get one, you will love it.

Forget it, unless you are a woman, have children hands, or have a pointy thumb, you won't be comfortable and won't be able to use it to it's full potential. The whole thing is just way to small. Edited by Dreossk

I've had a Naga for about 4 months now, and it's already breaking down. Although the extra buttons are pretty nifty in a game like TOR where you need to have at least 10+ binds, I'm gonna still have to say 'save your money'. The mouse is an abomination in hand, (at least for me since I have a fairly large hand), and you can't reach the bottom 3 buttons anyway, unless you put your hand in some ungodly position, which does eat up a little bit of your reaction time. Buy a Logitech G400 or something similar and use the rest for beer (or other beverage of your choice). You'll thank me later. Edited by cs_Kimmo

I've had a Naga for about 4 months now, and it's already breaking down. Although the extra buttons are pretty nifty in a game like TOR where you need to have at least 10+ binds, I'm gonna still have to say 'save your money'. The mouse is an abomination in hand, (at least for me since I have a fairly large hand), and you can't reach the bottom 3 buttons anyway, unless you put your hand in some ungodly position, which does eat up a little bit of your reaction time. Buy a Logitech G400 or something similar and use the rest for beer (or other beverage of your choice). You'll thank me later.

I have to agree with this as I own one as well. Waste of money and I don't use but 3 of the side buttons (can't reach the others comfortably at all). Also sometimes it just stops working for a few minutes then comes back. Hellish if you pvp with it.

It's meant for someone with very small hands or 8 fingers on the right.

Get a Cyborg M.M.O. 7

Way more customization and TONS more buttons/features. The num pad on the side of the Naga sounds good on paper, but unless you have girly thumbs it's a waste. I have a Naga and regret it. I used a friends M.M.O. 7 and the difference was night and day. The Cyborg mouse is way more ergonomic in that you can customize the fit and wieght and button placement is on spot. the thumb num pad is nothing more than a gimmick. Naga is a waste of money.

Edited by Barrakudah

I've had a naga for a year and i'm currently RMAing the thing. there is a systemic problem with the left mouse button double clicking for you when you only single click (it is a very well known problem). i've tried every fix referenced online outside of taking it apart. i just mailed it to them this week.

and as most have said if you have big hands it's hard to get used to. the Hex looks better design wise but i'm leery of razer mice now with the whole left mouse button issue.

Well, to be honest the cyborg just looks too cluncky to me. I don't have 'girly' hands or thumbs from what i can tell. My naga and its numpad work perfectly well, took me a day or 2 to figure out how to rebind the numpad keys (overlooked the propper options in the razer config <<), and maybe a month to get fully used to it, but now i can find all 12 buttons blindly. Like on a keyboard there are small 'stubs' on certain keys so you can know at which place on the keypad you are.

It however does require some thumb dexterity to be able to reach all buttons properly. (and ofcourse: practice practice practice). To be honest i think i got used to it pretty easily as i started out a new game with it when i just got it (this game actually <<), that way you slowly get used to using more and more buttons. I must admit however that ever since using that mouse i have stopped using proper keybinds on my keyboard so if you can do more then 12 keys (without alt, ctrl & shift) then it might be best to just stick with keyboard.

I've been using my Naga for two years straight, and it's still working. The cord's overlay is starting to fray, a little, but the mouse itself is still highly functional.

The side buttons take a lot of getting used to, definitely, but in the end it's worth it when you have an additional twelve buttons at your immediate disposal.

i have a naga mouse and black widow mechanical keyboard and i love them both. the naga is extremely ergonomic, moreso than anything else on the market but i will admit, i dont use the side buttons :-/ that may sound like it defeats the purpose but not really, its still a great mouse without hte buttons.

if i were to get another mouse however, i might go with something that coolermaster makes. they are fairly inexpensive too.

The naga is a great mouse. Since you can disable buttons you do not want to use, it is pretty easy to set up your own pattern.

I use all my buttons and have no issue with it.

If you ever want a lot of reviews by users, hit Newegg.com and read what their users posted.

I have had mine for about 3 years and had only one issue. I wore down the Right Mouse Button so took it apart, put a little Duct Tape on the right mouse button tension bar to increase the area and it works fine. But I only had this issue after 3 years of hard gaming use.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153054&SortField=0&SummaryType=0&PageSize=10&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

Edited by illgot

I bought the Naga specifically for this game and I am NOT regretting it one bit. It has improved my mobility greatly while still being able to fire off skills without ever having to look down. Took me about a week to get used to. It even comes with little rubber nubs that you can stick to the buttons to help find them.

I recommend it along with the Nostromo..

I guess I'm in the minority here.... I love my Naga mouse. I've had it for nearly 2 years, and I've had zero issues with it. I also have nothing even close to "girl or kid-like" hands, as I'm 6'4" and can palm a basketball easily. The Naga, while a bit small, is very comfortable and easy to use, and with some practice, all 12 buttons are easy to recall with my thumb. I seldom press the wrong button. I used the included sticky pads when i first started using the mouse, and that helped a LOT! Also, i only started out using 3 buttons, learned them, and only then moved up to 6, learned them, etc. I now have a full control of all 12, and even the Fwd/Back buttons top left.

The quality, in my experience, has been top notch, and again, I've had zero problems with it. It did get a bit "skippy" at one point, but a new driver update fixed that completely.

Get it. Learn it. Enjoy the flexibility of it. Or don't. I know I love mine.

Forget it, unless you are a woman, have children hands, or have a pointy thumb, you won't be comfortable and won't be able to use it to it's full potential. The whole thing is just way to small.

This, they simply won't feel comfortable with anything other then the above. I'd rather get a Nostromo for the other hand...

Edited by Lundli

Not necessarily. I have Fred Flintstone hands and I can use mine just great.

Guess it depends on other things as well. I feel like the last 6 buttons are too far back and that I can't reach them comfortably while moving with the mouse..

I too have the Naga standard ed. and yes it's too small. I'd spend the extra bucks and get the elite edition were I to do it again. It's got swappable (larger) grips and the top two buttons are accessible. And I hate using the Naga for anything but SWTOR, Rift and WoW.

The OP mentioned the Naga Hex, which could be a good one. 1-6 plus key bindings seems like it would work for a number of game-types out there right now.