which planet you want next ?

dprijadi

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I second that...
Stop advocating SWTOR be turned into a SWG clone. It's impossible to do post-launch and it's a bad idea anyway. Very few people want it done.

I know you have fond memories of your time on SWG, but some of the very memories you cling to are some of the most-cited ways in which that title failed. They were praised at implementation, but the negatives resulted from them became quickly apparent; the industry has moved on, the interests of players have moved on, and you're still clutching at the fossilized remains of an extinct play style.

Stop advocating SWTOR be turned into a SWG clone. It's impossible to do post-launch and it's a bad idea anyway. Very few people want it done.

I know you have fond memories of your time on SWG, but some of the very memories you cling to are some of the most-cited ways in which that title failed. They were praised at implementation, but the negatives resulted from them became quickly apparent; the industry has moved on, the interests of players have moved on, and you're still clutching at the fossilized remains of an extinct play style.

LOL.. yeah.. check out the poll. People wanting TOR to be a WoW clone are the absolute minority, there is no way to deny that.

A linear theme park you call "the industry moved on" ? IMHO "the industry" went two steps backwards in time. :rolleyes:

for expansion zone, which planet / system you want to see 1st?

1- kasyyk home of the wookie

2- naboo home of gungans

3- endor home of ewoks

4- bespin cloud city

5- dagobah home of yoda

6- dantooine

7- kamino

8- yavin

select 3 system you want most in the expansion

What about Utapau, Felucia, or Dantooine?

It's effectively impossible to make SWTOR a SWG clone (it's a KOTOR/WoW hybrid).

However taking some of the best bits of SWG and adding it to SWTOR would make SWTOR a much better game that more people would play for longer. :csw_yoda:

Indeed it's only through some SWG aspects that it can ever distance itself from or even better WoW - stuff like proper 3D space flight.

Edited by Goretzu

It's effectively impossible to make SWTOR a SWG clone (it's a KOTOR/WoW hybrid).

However taking some of the best bits of SWG and adding it to SWTOR would make SWTOR a much better game that more people would play for longer. :csw_yoda:

Indeed it's only through some SWG aspects that it can ever distance itself from or even better WoW - stuff like proper 3D space flight.

I'm not saying they shouldn't adopt what worked, but folks need to realize some aspects they remember fondly did not work as well as they recall. Others are not possible to implement post-launch. SWTOR doesn't need to adopt SWG's systems to distinguish itself. The developers need to create innovative systems all their own, such as the Item Modification System.

And they're currently testing a new space gameplay system internally ...

folks need to realize some aspects they remember fondly did not work as well as they recall

That's right I was dreaming the whole time I was playing SWG. :rolleyes:

I'd like them to implement some sandbox features to TOR just for the sole reason to make the game feel more expansive. If that means adding large planets, then so be it. If you don't like it, don't go there.

And they're currently testing a new space gameplay system internally ...

Unless you've got some sort of super insider info, the only thing possibly coming in the next 6 months is 1 or 2 new missions for the current system.

That's right I was dreaming the whole time I was playing SWG. :rolleyes:

I'd like them to implement some sandbox features to TOR just for the sole reason to make the game feel more expansive. If that means adding large planets, then so be it. If you don't like it, don't go there.

Not dreaming, but memories are often fonder than reality, especially if you're invested in what you're recalling. The sandbox features you're so fond of were not successful, and served as the source for much of the criticism leveled at SWG; they turned away a lot of potential players, and are generally cited as the primary reason that SWG didn't rise to prominence instead of WoW.

You may want them, but Sandbox features could only harm SWTOR. Besides, the game is literally incapable of supporting them.

Unless you've got some sort of super insider info, the only thing possibly coming in the next 6 months is 1 or 2 new missions for the current system.
We've known the existing space system was nothing more than a placeholder since it was introduced. More important, though, there was a single comment from one of the developers about a month back during an interview stating that he had recently gotten the chance to try part of the redesigned space combat system. In the general 1.2-Legacy news storm it got buried, as it's probably some time before it sees actual implementation, but it does mean they have it functioning internally at this point.

Not dreaming, but memories are often fonder than reality, especially if you're invested in what you're recalling. The sandbox features you're so fond of were not successful, and served as the source for much of the criticism leveled at SWG; they turned away a lot of potential players, and are generally cited as the primary reason that SWG didn't rise to prominence instead of WoW.

You may want them, but Sandbox features could only harm SWTOR. Besides, the game is literally incapable of supporting them.

No Themepark MMORPG has equalled WoW either, it's a strawman argument to suggest sandbox features cannot be popular because X example didn't have as many subs as WoW - nothing has (Western anyway).

We've known the existing space system was nothing more than a placeholder since it was introduced. More important, though, there was a single comment from one of the developers about a month back during an interview stating that he had recently gotten the chance to try part of the redesigned space combat system. In the general 1.2-Legacy news storm it got buried, as it's probably some time before it sees actual implementation, but it does mean they have it functioning internally at this point.

Interesting. The only Dev comment I've seen on space is "in the next 6 months a couple of new missions" (pharaphrased badly).

None. One of the biggest mistakes they made when developing this game was adding too many planets with small, multi-instanced zones on each one.. and no universal chat/lfg channels.

they need to make the planets they have more alive before adding more planets.

How do you know TOR wouldn't be able to support it? Why not have aspects from different MMO's put into one? I don't see how adding a little sandbox flare to a predominantly "themepark" style game can be harmful in any way. That just means they can appeal to more of a broader audience. If people don't like it, they don't have to participate. Just like space combat.

I'm not looking for nostalgia. I'm looking for an opportunity for me, and my guild to express themselves by utilizing a time sink in a game we already love to play.