Bring back the old Tracer Missile

fujeo-finel

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not Arsenal specced atm, but I liked the new animation after the switch when I was still throwing out TMs and HSMs. My vote is to keep the new animations.

Oh yea, everyone who wanted the change is now specced something else. You ruin my class and then you respec when things go bad. Why couldn't you just respec in the first place and left things the way they were?

Oh yea, everyone who wanted the change is now specced something else. You ruin my class and then you respec when things go bad. Why couldn't you just respec in the first place and left things the way they were?

Oh bite me. I played Arsenal all the way from 1 to 50, then stayed that way for weeks before trying anything new. I've done all 3 trees pre- and post-1.2 and have been lobbying for better treatment of Mercs on these boards since that patch was announced. Your bellyaching about a stupid animation change, especially one that makes sense (new animation use a wrist mounted laser to designate the target, how does that NOT scream 'Tracer Missile'), when there are so many more noteworthy problems with the Mercenary / Commando is beyond inane.

Oh, and btw: I NEVER lobbied for an animation change on these boards, I simply found the unexpected change in 1.2 to be one of the few small silver linings for our AC.

Oh bite me. I played Arsenal all the way from 1 to 50, then stayed that way for weeks before trying anything new. I've done all 3 trees pre- and post-1.2 and have been lobbying for better treatment of Mercs on these boards since that patch was announced. Your bellyaching about a stupid animation change, especially one that makes sense (new animation use a wrist mounted laser to designate the target, how does that NOT scream 'Tracer Missile'), when there are so many more noteworthy problems with the Mercenary / Commando is beyond inane.

Oh, and btw: I NEVER lobbied for an animation change on these boards, I simply found the unexpected change in 1.2 to be one of the few small silver linings for our AC.

And we wouldn't have any of these problems if the forum whiners didn't have their say. Arsenal was FINE before 1.2, but no the forum whiners didn't like the playstyle. So instead of rerolling they lobby to change the spec and now we're in the ditch. I wouldn't be so bothered with the animation switch if it didn't come about from constant forum QQ, QQ which has done far more damage to this spec beyond an animation switch.

Edited by fujeo-finel

And we wouldn't have any of these problems if the forum whiners didn't have their say. Arsenal was FINE before 1.2, but no the forum whiners didn't like the playstyle. So instead of rerolling they lobby to change the spec and now we're in the ditch. I wouldn't be so bothered with the animation switch if it didn't come about from constant forum QQ, QQ which has done far more damage to this spec beyond an animation switch.

You're after claiming about three times now the Merc nerfs came from "forum whiners who didn't like their playstyle" mind actually backing that up with a source? As far as I can see our nerfs came from a direct result of the fact HSM was critting on all heat signatures as opposed to just the ones belonging to the player (so it was going to be changed regardless of what the forums said) and their own meta data based on Merc collective average DPS which was apparently too high for their tastes.

I've been playing my Arsenal-spec Merc since launch, love the new TM animation (tired of looking like I was taking a dump every time I used it) and am still actively playing my class in both PvE and PvP (just not outside of a premade in PvP). This isn't "your" class and the vast majority of us who are still playing our Arsenal-spec Mercs are quite glad it's been changed so we can focus on actually getting the class properly rebalanced/changed so we're actually properly effective again in both PvE and PvP.

God, there is just so much wrong with that paragraph, I barely even know where to begin. You think the botched job of programming for things like HSM is somehow the fault of the players posting on the forums. You conflate an animation change with actual effect mechanics modifications. You fail to account for the fact that many non-Mercs were complaining about the playstyle of Arsenal, probably several times over more than ALL mercs themselves. You advocate not talking to BW on these boards, set up specifically for this purpose, about problems or suggestions with the class and instead abandoning the class entirely if you have any problem with it. I've not seen a series of statements so out of touch with reality in a long time, nor a worse attitude to your fellow AC members. These are the sort of terribly reasoned and presented arguments you see from spoiled children who are forced to share their toys. Grow up, the animation change is a stupid thing to spend any amount of time complaining about and the problems with the Merc class are the fault of the developers and programmers, not the players.

You think the botched job of programming for things like HSM is somehow the fault of the players posting on the forums.

None of these changes would have happened if the forums weren't whining about Tracer Missile spam.

You conflate an animation change with actual effect mechanics modifications.

Where did I say that?

You fail to account for the fact that many non-Mercs were complaining about the playstyle of Arsenal, probably several times over more than ALL mercs themselves.

And what right do other classes have to dictate playstyle for this class?

You advocate not talking to BW on these boards, set up specifically for this purpose, about problems or suggestions with the class and instead abandoning the class entirely if you have any problem with it.

Because players on the forums are really so concerned about the well-being of this game and not lobbying for buffs/nerfs in their own favor.

about problems or suggestions with the class and instead abandoning the class entirely if you have any problem with it.

And what are people like me supposed to do when we don't agree with such changes?

I've not seen a series of statements so out of touch with reality in a long time, nor a worse attitude to your fellow AC members.

After what these people have cost me I have no respect for any of you.

Grow up, the animation change is a stupid thing to spend any amount of time complaining about

And you could say the same thing about people whining that their BH spends too much time taking a dump. Oh but they had a majority so their complaints weren't dismissed as retardedly childish.

and the problems with the Merc class are the fault of the developers and programmers who listened to the players who do nothing but complain

Fixed.

After what these people have cost me I have no respect for any of you.

Hang on a second... Barrage bug , Tracer missile and Heat seeker damage nerf , reduction in DFO radius Changes to heat management etc , are you that nieve to think that's your fellow mercs doing ?

We influenced a change in the animation of an ability so in fact all we have cost you is nothing but cosmetic.

If you cannot bare to play Arsenal spec as a result of your viability in pve and pvp that is not our doing but the other classes moaning about our play-style.

the lobby for an animation change came about for two reasons 1. it seemed logical to assume if your locking onto something your aiming a laser at it 2. pvp players felt the whole bending over thing was a big billboard advertising please interrupt and lock me out of my rotation for a while.

If your unhappy about the animation then you have a right to speak out just as did those that brought the change im not denying that but please understand there are bigger fish to fry at the moment the whole mercenary class has been chewed up and spat out in pieces and that is where our focus must be rather than arguing over if an animation change is right or not getting into petty arguments and isolating ourselves from our fellow mercs will not help us fix our class.

Edited by shegoy

Hang on a second... Barrage bug , Tracer missile and Heat seeker damage nerf , reduction in DFO radius Changes to heat management etc , are you that nieve to think that's your fellow mercs doing ?

None of these changes would have happened if the forums weren't whining about Tracer Missile spam.

If your unhappy about the animation then you have a right to speak out just as did those that brought the change im not denying that but please understand there are bigger fish to fry at the moment the whole mercenary class has been chewed up and spat out in pieces and that is where our focus must be rather than arguing over if an animation change is right or not getting into petty arguments and isolating ourselves from our fellow mercs will not help us fix our class.

Thankfully, when you were all lobbying for the animation switch there wasn't anything wrong with the class to get in the way of that lobbying. Now you've all gotten your way and, well, look at us now.

well it's not the merc community's fault the class is broken it's BW if you notice they changed the animation along with all their so called balancing to all the classes. Even if the animation was the same the class will have still been broken by the balancing changes there is no link between the animation changes and the broken mechanics.

It wasn't a majority of mercs complaining about tracer spam in fact the majority of other classes complained as did those who nerfed the sorc.

Edited by shegoy

well it's not the merc community's fault the class is broken it's BW if you notice they changed the animation along with all their so called balancing to all the classes. Even if the animation was the same the class will have still been broken by the balancing changes there is no link between the animation changes and the broken mechanics.

It wasn't a majority of mercs complaining about tracer spam in fact the majority of other classes complained as did those who nerfed the sorc.

Again...

The majority of the Merc community was whining about the simplicity of spamming Tracer Missile.

Edited by fujeo-finel

Yes the Forums in general however you make the link with your fellow mercs to blame hence the i have no respect for any of you statement.

Let me spell it out for you. Mercs lobby to take the rotation away from spamming Tracer Missile. Bioware listens to Merc QQ and nerfs TM, buffs HSM and Unload, and breaks heat signatures. Other classes QQ about Tracer Spam, but for different reasons, which reinforces Merc QQ.

I vote to revert the animation switch and bring back the old Tracer Missile animation.

Who's with me?

I'm TOTALY with you, they did not only DESTROY merc arsenal by nerfing the hell out of us, but even had the nerve to change animation that i LOVED! if they wanted to change it, they could at least made it a CHOICE in preferences..! like "old animation tracer/new" or something like that, but i'm also tierd of be the most useless class in WZ doing the least DPS of all... SO i'm gonna quit sub really soon if bioware don't fix our class or BUFF us. And stop with all the ninja nerfs. I'm tierd so tierd of this!

I'm TOTALY with you, they did not only DESTROY merc arsenal by nerfing the hell out of us, but even had the nerve to change animation that i LOVED! if they wanted to change it, they could at least made it a CHOICE in preferences..! like "old animation tracer/new" or something like that, but i'm also tierd of be the most useless class in WZ doing the least DPS of all... SO i'm gonna quit sub really soon if bioware don't fix our class or BUFF us. And stop with all the ninja nerfs. I'm tierd so tierd of this!

Thanks again for your support DEuZZ.

you're welcome, thanks for making this post, we need speak out if any changes ever gonna be made, is what i belive anyway, but i'm not sure how much longer i will stay in this game with the way it is for us bounty hunter mercs these days.. I mean they used to hav e1.7mill subscribers, now they have 1.3 is a reason to it, they really need stop doing bad choices like destroy classes...

yeah well i vote for the old tracer animation at least you felt like you had a pair when it hit. you may look more ****** now when you cast it but i think my little cousin hits harder than post 1.2 tm. Dont worry though bio took a class that had good burst ( unless you were being targeted in which case ur dead) to a class that cant kill any healer or any target a healer is on(as Arsenal). On the upside your rotation is better............ and your better all around so you have a chance now when your targeted right.......... yeah reroll thats my last QQ bio im done Sub canceled break your game more HA!! Edited by Hallowtip

I vote to revert the animation switch and bring back the old Tracer Missile animation.

Who's with me?

+1 here, i HATE the new animation! at least they should make it a CHOICE like in Preferences (old tracer animation/new) or something! i mean i played bh merc arsenal since beta, then they just changed my fav animation cuz some CRYING ppl wanted it different.....! god i can't belive they did that! not only that but they nerfed us so hard we are USELESS class now......!

• 2 weeks later...