FREE Character Transfers are Coming!

ktkenshinx

I hate all of the vague date frames this company gives. I hate that they never commit on anything that involves a time frame. Hate it. Just venting, i know there is nothing i can do about it....at least i care, for now.

Yeah, I hate it, too, and it's not unique to this developer. All MMO developers do it because it's a complex system. Nothing anyone can do about it, though. Not even the developers.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good job illustrating the dynamic. :t_smile:

EDIT And as an aside, you've made me a little depressed by the thought of how much of my past summers I've spent playing MMORPGs. I think I need to change that, beginning this year.

Well, it is cheaper than many other summer activities. The important thing IMO is to get out to do some outdoor activities and fit in physical training. Otherwise, can see nothing wrong with enjoying time on an MMO.

Most gamers don’t play games 8 hours/day and at least aspire to see scantily clad women, which good weather blessedly brings. Normal people, even gamers, play less when it’s nicer outside, i.e., the summer. It's been this way in every MMO.

I’m going to give you a free argument tip, which you will probably choose to ignore. The strongest arguments engage your opponent point and engage reality. If you simply repeat a point that people know to be false, you weaken your general argument. It’s not really a debatable point that MMO servers decline in Pop during the summer months, and pretending like there hasn’t been Pop decline on many servers is avoiding engaging with reality. Bully to Fatman and whatever other servers have seen Pop GAIN, but that's the exception.

Maybe BW could release their server Pop numbers and end the debate. heh.

Yeah, I hate it, too, and it's not unique to this developer. All MMO developers do it because it's a complex system.

It'd be way more encouraging to know an approximate date than something as vague as they've been dealing since launch. Would give people hope. The vague answer is just slightly better than "maybe".

The question is, will this actually fix anything?

My specific issue is I can play durning the day only, most servers sound busy in the evenings with almost nobody playing during the day and the few who are on don't seem interested in doing any of the endgame content. I have had a lvl 50 within about 2 weeks of launch and spent endless hours spamming LFG on the spacestation with zero luck in finding even a single group during the day. I have spoken to many different guild members trying to find one that has activity during the day and nobody is active during the day.

A cross server LFG tool is about the only thing that could help people like me to get to actually see the endgame content because no matter what server I go to, there will be no chance of finding enough people playing during the day for me to run with.

I hate all of the vague date frames this company gives. I hate that they never commit on anything that involves a time frame. Hate it. Just venting, i know there is nothing i can do about it....at least i care, for now.
Yeah, it's just the nature of the industry. Even when something is at a point when a date can be projected, it's rare to get a date or other time-frame; it's generally a good idea to avoid providing such information in case unexpected issues crop up at the last moment. The last-minute removal of ranked warzones, for example, illustrates why this is the case.

Most gamers don’t play games 8 hours/day and at least aspire to see scantily clad women, which good weather blessedly brings. Normal people, even gamers, play less when it’s nicer outside, i.e., the summer. It's been this way in every MMO.

I’m going to give you a free argument tip, which you will probably choose to ignore. The strongest arguments engage your opponent point and engage reality. If you simply repeat a point that people know to be false, you weaken your general argument. It’s not really a debatable point that MMO servers decline in Pop during the summer months, and pretending like there hasn’t been Pop decline on many servers is avoiding engaging with reality. Bully to Fatman and whatever other servers have seen Pop GAIN, but that's the exception.

Other than you saying this what proof do you offer to back up your argument?

Though it is worth noting the wall of text represents valid opinions for the post creator, specifically, to make a decision on whether to keep subscribing or leave the game. Since that decision appears very clear by the post's contents, there's only one thing left to be said: Farewell, sidiouswumpscut. I wish you the best and hope you find what you are looking for in your next game.

I took a second look and edittex my post. Need to stop bickering over this issue and jope it just gets fixed ina timely manner for the segment of the player base in need.

It wouldn't end the debate. Last week BW announced that subs have not declined, and people are calling them liars.

If BW released numbers, one of two things would happen:

1) If it's 1.7 million or more, haters will call them liars

2) If it's less than 1.7 million, haters will use it to claim the sky is falling.

It would NOT end any debate.

My specific issue is I can play durning the day only, most servers sound busy in the evenings with almost nobody playing during the day and the few who are on don't seem interested in doing any of the endgame content. I have had a lvl 50 within about 2 weeks of launch and spent endless hours spamming LFG on the spacestation with zero luck in finding even a single group during the day. I have spoken to many different guild members trying to find one that has activity during the day and nobody is active during the day.

A cross server LFG tool is about the only thing that could help people like me to get to actually see the endgame content because no matter what server I go to, there will be no chance of finding enough people playing during the day for me to run with.

Not true, actually. Because you have a non-standard play time, you might consider moving to a server with a different time zone designation, one that has peak hours that correspond more often with your availability.

Something of this nature is generally a poor reason to institute cross-server lfg functionality.

Edited by HeavensAgent

Yeah, it's just the nature of the industry. Even when something is at a point when a date can be projected, it's rare to get a date or other time-frame; it's generally a good idea to avoid providing such information in case unexpected issues crop up at the last moment. The last-minute removal of ranked warzones, for example, illustrates why this is the case.

I respect a company that delivers on time content provided. Avoiding giving dates of projected features is just as bad as missing a date you provided and in ways worse. They have no confidence in their staff to meet times, so they will not give dates to avoid any bad PR. That's worse than missing a date in my opinion.

Hate to say this, but it sounds like you might be better off on an EU server.

I respect a company that delivers on time content provided. Avoiding giving dates of projected features is just as bad as missing a date you provided and in ways worse. They have no confidence in their staff to meet times, so they will not give dates to avoid any bad PR. That's worse than missing a date in my opinion.
Not really a valid option in this particular industry, though. Because of the nature of the work involved, even the best development personnel cannot claim that they can deliver a product by a declared date, The continued development of MMORPGs requires the staff to create new content that can be integrated into the existing game, without the benefit of an accurate representation of the game environment with which to test and modify their work. As such delays and unexpected complication are expected, and there's really no way way to address this.

Haha Im only messing with ya man. :) No offense :)

Oh I know. I just like to have a little fun on the forums too. Anyways, my jod duties call so I'll bbl to read all the fun and excitement later.

Oh I know. I just like to have a little fun on the forums too. Anyways, my jod duties call so I'll bbl to read all the fun and excitement later.
Blasphemy! You can't have fun on the official forums unless you're attacking the game's corporate shareholders, ridiculing other forum members, or proclaiming the game's imminent demise.

:t_tongue:

Edited by HeavensAgent

sence GW2 beta has come out my server is dead. and raiding has stoped in my guild. we now know they can do transfurs they just did some but now they want us to wait. making us wait will harm this game even more. i dont know if i can wait till summer as of right all i have to do in game is stand around fleet once my dailys are done. and if thats all i can look forword to till summer ill end up finding another game to play.

sence GW2 beta has come out my server is dead. and raiding has stoped in my guild. we now know they can do transfurs they just did some but now they want us to wait. making us wait will harm this game even more. i dont know if i can wait till summer as of right all i have to do in game is stand around fleet once my dailys are done. and if thats all i can look forword to till summer ill end up finding another game to play.
The process needed to transfer characters exists, but at this point the technology does not. The developers are actively working to put the required hardware in place, and expect to be able to offer transfers in early summer. If you feel this is too long you may want to consider acting accordingly; this is already the developers' top priority, and transfers will be made available as soon as it is possible.

Blasphemy! You can't have fun on the official forums unless you're attacking the game's corporate shareholders, ridiculing other forum members, or proclaiming the game's imminent demise.

:t_tongue:

Or threatening to quit if you don't get your way, for the umteenth time. Oh wait... that's fun and entertainment for us, watching virtual heads pop off of virtual necks. :p

Here's a thought....... maybe let your sub expire and then resub when transfers go live. The break might actually be good for helping you break out of your frustration funk.

Edited by Andryah

The process needed to transfer characters exists, but at this point the technology does not. The developers are actively working to put the required hardware in place, and expect to be able to offer transfers in early summer. If you feel this is too long you may want to consider acting accordingly; this is already the developers' top priority, and transfers will be made available as soon as it is possible.

How did they move the Aus players then? If they can do it for one lot, they can do it for the rest? Are we back to being 2nd or 3rd class again? :(